Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 4780 times)
richiestfc

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:38:11 »

loved cricket ever since the one day at bristol!was quality Cool
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:41:47 »

Fat coke is bloody horrible, you are right KT.  Really gone off coke these days but may drink a diet one at a push.  Used to drink quite a lot of the stuff but had to stop after having some homeopath tratement.  Now i cant stand it.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
land_of_bo

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:49:48 »

Agreed (coke and diet coke). I don't drink anything fizzy!

Butcombe Bitter, maybe the odd cider, tea and squash! That'll do me!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:54:28 »

I've got fond memories as a kid of watching The Ashes with my old man, playing a mini-version of cricket in my back garden and trying to be Dominic Cork when I was 10. I stopped watching sports (including football and Swindon) for years but I watched as much of the SA test last Christmas as I could - work permitting - and loved it, spent most of last summer watching Twenty20 as well.

Can't get into the domestic ODI leagues though, Twenty20 is short and sweet but Test cricket is the Daddy of all.

I'm hoping to find a TV at college tomorrow, I finish my first class at 10:30 and don't have another til 1:30 Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:59:13 »

I've never minded playing cricket, never a fan of watching it....although am enjoying the ashes....cant really get into the leagues and stuff...in a football sense its like i love the play offs when there is something to play for but cant stand the boring league games if that makes sense
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 17:12:43 »

I never pay much attention to county cricket, but I watch the england games if they're on terrestrial. I imagine I'll lose interest in a week or so.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 17:30:33 »

i fuckin love it. am a fully paid up member of sussex ccc. have been to every day this season bar 2, and it looks like we might do the double.

county cricket is for retired people drunks and skivers Cheesy
Spud

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 17:38:31 »

Quote from: "Titch"
Fat coke is bloody horrible, you are right KT.  Really gone off coke these days but may drink a diet one at a push.  Used to drink quite a lot of the stuff but had to stop after having some homeopath tratement.  Now i cant stand it.

The only Coke i drink nowadays is Diet Decaf. Gone off Coke since ive been going out with the Mrs as she drinks way too much of the sugary shit.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 23:09:31 »

Quote from: "TimandLisa"
Why is everyone pretending to be obessed all of a sudden?

It was just like the rugby people will jump on the bandwagon and then people will know nothing of it. Johhny Wilkinson was a five minute fling (no pun intended) and that Flintoff will be the same.

People are even wearing cricket shirts  :shock:

well whats more interesting at the moment? shitty town performances and sluggish and lackluster england performance in midweek or a cricket match that probably is more exciting at the moment and one in which England could actually win! And ive liked cricket for years like the many people who post on the SSF
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 8, 2005, 23:13:37 »

I'd have to go for Swindon and England to be honest though.
Asher

« Reply #25 on: Friday, September 9, 2005, 07:41:50 »

I love coke!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, September 9, 2005, 08:53:50 »

The worse band wagon was the Rugby Union one, one minute it's labelled as "egg chasing" and less interesting than watching paint dry.  Then the whole country over night becomes an expert and loves the game.  Once the World Cup was over - end of affair.  How many people watched the last England match?  Not many, and not many cared.

Cricket has always been good, ever since I remember Botham dismantling the Aussies in a test in the mid 80's.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, September 9, 2005, 09:06:35 »

Is this thread about Cricket or Coke :x

Cricket - Im the same as Sussex,im enjoying all this Ashes thing but really,deep down I dont really care and will fall off the bandwagon straight after this test.

Coke - I like Diet Coke and find t'other stuff a bit sickly.I also quite like cocaine.

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, September 9, 2005, 09:09:24 »

I tried diet coke with lime the other day, it was a bit crap. Diet coke with lemon is nice though.

I don't like normal coke, it has to be diet.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, September 9, 2005, 09:19:43 »

Normal Coke is nice, Diet Coke is not a good alternative.

Once took the Pepsi challenge, in Chippenham, and I preferred Pepsi apparently.  Quite shocked, As I thought I was a coke man.  It could have been fixed I suppose.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: