Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Victory parade  (Read 2557 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 11:32:50 »

The Ecb have"provisionally booked" Trafalgar square for next tuesday,so the England team can have a parade through london.It seems a tad excessive to me[unless we win],what if we lose at the oval?,it would be  a massive anti-climax.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 11:39:52 »

Whay do they always have this sort of thin on a weekday?  God damn the bloody authorites!

Hope it is a victory parade though, and not a day for commiserations.
land_of_bo

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 11:40:27 »

That's probably why it's "provisionally booked", so if we lose they can cancel it...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 13:15:45 »

bollocks! If only I could go back to a life of unemployment.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 13:19:37 »

Well you could go back to a life of unemployment quite easily.  Whether you should of course is another question!

I was reading that they are comparing potentially winning the ashes to winning the world cup in '66!  What a load of bollocks!  Dont get me wrong winning the ashes is going to be fucking brilliant and i'll revel in it but comparing it to the world cup  :-))(

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 6, 2005, 13:30:12 »

i think winning the ashes will be a bigger achievement than the rugby boys in 2003. they were expected to win the cricket team wasnt. but the 66 world cup no way! that was better!
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 08:07:27 »

I went yesterday Beers  Cheesy .It was fucking fantastic at trafalgar square,seeing both of the england teams and cheering them on,freddie was fucked  Smiley and k.p was reveling in the adulation.We were singing about gary pratt and channel four Smiley ,we felt really privileged to be there thanking the lads.

It was a great day,but now its all over Sad ,until late october anyway,so i'm back to worring about Swindon now,which at the moment seems a depressing thought because there is a lot to worry about Sad .

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 14:24:56 »

I would have went but working nights kind of fucks that up.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 07:45:24 »

I saw in the Times yesterday, that  Barmy army members in convict land are having an open top bus parade through sydney Smiley .
Plus the royal mail have said they are going to release some england stamps up to the value of 68 pence,why 68 pence?Because thats the cost of sending a letter down under! Smiley

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 14:18:06 »

Quote from: "larwood"
I saw in the Times yesterday, that  Barmy army members in convict land are having an open top bus parade through sydney Smiley .
Plus the royal mail have said they are going to release some england stamps up to the value of 68 pence,why 68 pence?Because thats the cost of sending a letter down under! Smiley

I knew my work would come good sometime. Beers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: