Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47959 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 17:39:20 »

Yeah good recovery.

That's more sarcasm btw.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #316 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 17:42:52 »

You're an annoying cunt.

That's not sarcasm by the way.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 17:46:05 »

What else is new?
flammableBen

« Reply #318 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 17:46:26 »

I got your post si.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:30:47 »

Regardless of who put the clause in his contract, how did Reading know about it? I can't imagine wanting to sell him, maybe in the summer but not now. The player wanted out and if that's the case why do we want him here?
reading wouldnt of had to know about it as soon as they offered the 250,000 it triggered the clause.

they could have offered more though
nochee

« Reply #320 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:35:11 »

reading wouldnt of had to know about it as soon as they offered the 250,000 it triggered the clause.

they could have offered more though

Im imagining alarm bells and flahing lights going off in a game show jackpot win style when Reading bid 250k.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:36:43 »

His agent was the one who instigated the move, and Reading wasn't the only club interested.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:37:30 »

Fitton just said if they hadn't put the clause in, Morrison wouldn't have signed. I believe Fitton 100%

So any player now will be asking the same....and he cant say no,i mean Morrison was a decent player but hardly.....oh shit he is worth ten million class.
He has left it open now that when others negotiate an extension...they will want that clause.
Should have let him go last year if he didn't want to re sign....my feeling is that there is more to it than it seems.
nochee

« Reply #323 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:39:18 »

So any player now will be asking the same....and he cant say no,i mean Morrison was a decent player but hardly.....oh shit he is worth ten million class.
He has left it open now that when others negotiate an extension...they will want that clause.
Should have let him go last year if he didn't want to re sign....my feeling is that there is more to it than it seems.

But this way Fitton made £250k, surely its good business, no?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:42:25 »

Maybe, but I think Leefers point is...what happens if Cuthbert now decides he wants the same clause in his contract otherwise he wont sign.

Then say we give in and he signs and later gets sold for 250k, is that good business? no. we lose out, again.

Well, I think thats what leefers point was - it might possible set a precedent but then I'm not leefer so I could be well wide of the mark.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:43:24 »

But this way Fitton made £250k, surely its good business, no?

there have been a few cbs moving from league 1 for the championship but the fees are undisclosed so its hard to say.

james chester moved from man united to hull for 300,000 who has played 12+ games in league one for carlisle but there are probably clauses like sell on percentage ect.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:45:38 by carbonwhite » Logged
nochee

« Reply #326 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:45:53 »

If that was the point then surely Fitton can negotiate a decent price that would trigger the contract. If a player wants to go, then he will go, you cant force anyone to stay. At least maximise the compensation of losing a player that the club wants to keep.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:48:59 »

If that was the point then surely Fitton can negotiate a decent price that would trigger the contract. If a player wants to go, then he will go, you cant force anyone to stay. At least maximise the compensation of losing a player that the club wants to keep.

Which (in some peoples opinion) is exactly what he hasnt done with Morrison.

My personal opinion is Morrison should be worth more than 250k and we've been sold short. Not by much but when you compare it to 300k upfront for Ben Tozer who played 2 games and get sent off in one of them it seems stupid.

That doesnt take into account the lack of sell on clauses (I think)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:51:26 »

Which (in some peoples opinion) is exactly what he hasnt done with Morrison.

My personal opinion is Morrison should be worth more than 250k and we've been sold short. Not by much but when you compare it to 300k upfront for Ben Tozer who played 2 games and get sent off in one of them it seems stupid.

That doesnt take into account the lack of sell on clauses (I think)
ive heard he went for close to 1m upfront with sell on clauses same as jutkiewizc
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:52:19 »

Maybe, but I think Leefers point is...what happens if Cuthbert now decides he wants the same clause in his contract otherwise he wont sign.

Then say we give in and he signs and later gets sold for 250k, is that good business? no. we lose out, again.

Well, I think thats what leefers point was - it might possible set a precedent but then I'm not leefer so I could be well wide of the mark.

Exactly the point.

Course Morrison was going to move....how he went and for how much is what pissed me off.
Plenty were happy with the deal.....would people have been happy if Charlie insisted on it?
OK some were happy he went for that kind of money....the point i keep saying is that all i am not happy with is the clause....Fitton has said it wont happen....he said that before.
The days of our players left for shit money should be over.
They either sign the contract or fuck off in my opinion.....not hold the club to ransom.
Personally i liked Morrison....whole hearted brave young player..no fancy dan off the pitch...and loads of potential...wish him well.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: