Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4,600  (Read 7689 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 22:56:25 »

Our average this season is currently 8,546 if anyone is interested so on course for our best since 98/99 when we averaged 8,656.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 23:03:04 »

From the same site, this caught my eye (see attached)

I always think of town as a second tier club that has fallen on hard times but over the long term we're very much a third tier club.  I guess my incorrect impression of it has to do with when I was born/started following.

same here, i remember relegation from the championship and thinking ever since then we have been trying to get at the very least where we belong. appears we are which is a bit depressing. impressed with the level of support we have been gaining through these 'tough times'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 00:52:13 »

I think some website worked out where teams had finished throughout their history and created a huge league table.  I think we were about 5th in League One.

A few years ago I chucked all our league positions since the modern four tier system came in (the scrapping of div 3 north and south or whatever it was), and our average position (both median and mean - we're very average) was about 5th in the third tier. I think it was also the position we'd finished in most times too. We're a bit predictable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: