Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 45million?  (Read 2587 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 13:35:28 »

According to Diamandis its would cost 45 million to re-develop the County Ground.

I find that number to be stupidly high. I'm far from any sort of ground development expert, but the likes of Swansea, Hull, Reading etc there as far as I'm aware didnt cost anything close to 45million.

Plus, the Trust proposals, say going on previous case studies it can be done at what, about 25million.

So where the hell has this 45million figure come from?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 13:40:01 »

How much was the Millenium Stadium ?

How much was The Emirates ?

Answers on a postcard please
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 13:40:17 »

Quote from: "DV85"
So where the hell has this 45million figure come from?

The vast chasm of space that is Diamandis's head?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 13:42:08 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
How much was the Millenium Stadium ?

How much was The Emirates ?

Answers on a postcard please

Millenium - £126 million

Emirates - £390 million
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 14:39:33 »

Bristol Rovers proposals £18m ish
KC Stadium £50m for the full site (which includes shit loads of add ons) estimated cost of stadium alone £25m
Swansea £25m

The case work behind the Trust proposals clearly shows an average development cost of £1500 per seat.  the extra money is then for added on facilities beyond the ground.

to quote £45m clearly suggests significant extra development (where the profit is clearly to be made, St Modwen are not in this for the charity).  It makes me think the plans won't be much different to before, including siginificant development onto the extension and athletics.  It also states they hand the stadium back to the Council - that'll be the stadium the Council currently own then!  They must be expecting to either be given the land or buy it all to make that sort of statement.  That's all well and good but the planning will never get through and we'll still be here in 3 years time haggling.
TalkTalk

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 19:16:08 »

"Show us the plans Diamandis!"

Wankers. A million miles off the pace.
TalkTalk

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 21:59:19 »

Quote from: "sam_stfc"
Emirates - £390 million

SERIOUSLY???

Fuck me, what have they built? Is it encrusted with diamonds and gilded with 18 carat gold?

That is an obscene amount of money to spend on one sporting venue. Even my house isn't worth half of that.
STFC Village

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 22:00:49 »

A tad less expensive than Wembley though....
TalkTalk

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 22:05:11 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
A tad less expensive than Wembley though....

How much is the estimate for that, Village?
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 22:12:49 »

This is the last news story i could find with a price (dated October 2006)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6039052.stm

Think it would be fair to say, it'll be alot more than £800m by now...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 00:12:03 »

The fear is that this board will redevelop the CG only on their own terms, which can't and won't be accepted by the Council, rightly so - it's Council land. There has to be some compromise - but the inevitable rejection of plans to create enough rpofit to satisfy St Modwen means shifting out to Chippenham, which is when STFC dies.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 11:32:40 »

The New Doncaster stadium in which they play their first game on New years day cost £32M. The capacity is 15,700.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 13:30:34 »

The Doncaster one also includes a huge sports village.  I think the stadium bit was extimated at £17m ish to £22m.

Arsenal's and Wembley are inflated by the cost to purchase the land in the capital.  God, you can pay £100k plus for a garage.  They also include compulsory purchase orders for Ashburton if I remember correctly and a ridiculous amount of development all over the site.  I'd hazard a guess that the stadium is slughtly under half the total project costs, same with Wembley.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 13:50:13 »

Bear in mind this £45m figure comes from the man who tried to tell us (Andy Rats and I) that a multi-storey car park for 1000 cars would cost £25m! The same price as he reckoned he was building the luxury hotel for! Maybe he's planning on combining the two and having posh rooms you can drive into. The bloke just plucks figures out of mid-air to suit whichever particular fantasy he's engaged in at the time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 24, 2006, 13:56:01 »

solid gold car park?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: