Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what the Gillingham paper says...  (Read 3440 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:14:01 »

Soccer fans clash after Gills match

by Chris Bell

FOOTBALL thugs brawled in Gillingham as hooliganism reared its ugly head at the weekend.

Rival fans fought in the streets near the Priestfield stadium before and after the Gills’ victory over Swindon Town on Saturday.

Police said afterwards that they brought in back-up units as the trouble escalated. Seven people were arrested.

Football websites were carrying messages about the fighting after the game.

One Swindon fan said: "We ran your lads everywhere. There wasn’t a good firm from the Gills in sight. Gillingham has a Mickey Mouse firm."

A Gillingham fan posted his thoughts, saying: "A bunch of yobs masquerading as Swindon fans set upon the exits from the Gills’ family enclosure, attacking anything that came their way. It’s the first time I’ve seen anything like that for years."

Before the game the Livingstone Arms pub in Gillingham Road was adopted by the travelling support.

An eye-witness at the pub, who asked not to be named, said: "The fans were very loud but they all seemed well-behaved. Gills’ fans were outside taunting them but the police seemed to have it all under control."

David Garth, 52, a season ticket holder at Priestfield, said inside the ground: "The Swindon fans seemed to be trying to get in among the Gills fans but there were quite a few stewards and then more police arrived to push them back."

Season ticket holder Jason Colman, 18, said he noticed before the game something wasn’t right. "I could tell as we walked past the Livingstone Arms pub it wasn’t going to be a normal fixture," he said.

"During the game their fans constantly tried to reach the Gills fans but were pushed back."

A police spokesman said: "Police made seven arrests for public order offences and minor assaults. No police staff were injured and back-up units were requested as the trouble escalated and we dealt with the issues at hand."

:roll: i love it, it bases its 'truth' on posts on a forum. thats good journalism that is...

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:16:48 »

hmmm quotes from the internet, must be true. In that case Swindon won 4-0....you reds!!  Beers
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:24:49 »

Thats pathetic  :x

RED ARMY
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:26:07 »

Wait til the fucker's come to Gillingham, it'll be a case of My Bloody Valentine...   :|
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:27:30 »

"During the game their fans constantly tried to reach the Gills fans but were pushed back."

Fucking Bollocks, you got a link to where that came from?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:36:51 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Wait til the fucker's come to Gillingham, it'll be a case of My Bloody Valentine...   :|

Don't you mean Swindon love ?  Cheesy

RED ARMY
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:40:56 »

Typical really, blame the Swindon for their fans.

here's the man himself when you need him?
SwindonStevo

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:42:25 »

Quote from: "DV85"
hmmm quotes from the internet, must be true. In that case Swindon won 4-0....you reds!!  Beers

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:46:44 »

An eye-witness at the pub, who asked not to be named, said: "The fans were very loud but they all seemed well-behaved. Gills’ fans were outside taunting them but the police seemed to have it all under control."

Season ticket holder Jason Colman, 18, said he noticed before the game something wasn’t right. "I could tell as we walked past the Livingstone Arms pub it wasn’t going to be a normal fixture," he said

So hang on Jason Whatshisface noticed there was something not quite right, yet the fans were well behaved despite taunts from Gills fans? What a great piece of investigative journalism.

Secondly you don't need to write said before and after quoting someone. Who is this journo? Someone who tarmacs driveways by day and writes a load of bollocks for the newpaper now and again?

I really think fans will have unbiased views don't you?  :-))(
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 18:54:27 »

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.673228.0.worst_trouble_in_five_years.php

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 19:07:08 »

Who is that bloke? looks a bit of a pansy.  :fag:

All I wanted to do was watch my team play safely

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 19:12:44 »

wait till they try and take the Merlin followed by CGH.

i can't wait

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 19:13:37 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"

Isn't he the lead singer of Westlife?
Sussex

« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 19:13:44 »

Quote from: "Whits"

Fucking Bollocks, you got a link to where that came from?

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gillingham/article.asp?article_id=24557&startrecord=3
red macca

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 16, 2006, 19:14:59 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"

looks a bit poofy does,nt he..

the old bill have got to take some  responsibility for this surely.nearly everyone deep down knew there could be trouble saturday yet nothing was done to stop it?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: