Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Curtis Weston  (Read 4635 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 6, 2007, 18:07:45 »

What Sturrock is basically saying is he wouldn't have liked McLoughlin or Ling but would play a midfield of McLaren and Nijholt.  He just doesn't fancy...fancy players.  Personally I like one of each.  This is why Evans and Weston looked quite tasty at this level, yet Pook and Timlin looks a little, err, uninspired at times.
Northern Red

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 13:20:28 »

He's not looked anything special since he's been here.
Someone who is surviving on reputation alone.

Give him a chance after the Stockport Shambles, but be prepared to get rid of him again if he puts in a Roberts-esque performance.
Lumps

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 14:03:02 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
What Sturrock is basically saying is he wouldn't have liked McLoughlin or Ling but would play a midfield of McLaren and Nijholt.  He just doesn't fancy...fancy players.  Personally I like one of each.  This is why Evans and Weston looked quite tasty at this level, yet Pook and Timlin looks a little, err, uninspired at times.

I think it's fairly clear that Luggy likes an old fashioned 442, with the ball being moved from the midfield to attack mainly in wide areas and the central midifeld players basically being grafters.

This would be fine if we had Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ryan Giggs in the side, but works less well with a scowling chav standing with his hands on his hips on the right flank, and a random assortment of full backs, central midfielders, right wingers... or anyone else that hasn't had a go there yet, on the left.

It's all very well wanting the team to play a crossing game, but you do actually need players that can cross for it to work.
red macca

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 15:28:41 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Quote from: "RobertT"

I think it's fairly clear that Luggy likes an old fashioned 442, with the ball being moved from the midfield to attack mainly in wide areas and the central midifeld players basically being grafters.

This would be fine if we had Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ryan Giggs in the side, but works less well with a scowling chav standing with his hands on his hips on the right flank, and a random assortment of full backs, central midfielders, right wingers... or anyone else that hasn't had a go there yet, on the left.

It's all very well wanting the team to play a crossing game, but you do actually need players that can cross for it to work.
are you sure about that Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 19:43:30 »

I'd say Shaun Wright-Phillips was better than Ricky Shakes, feel free to disagree macca....but your fucking wrong!  Cool
red macca

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 21:40:22 »

I just thought he could of used a better example than swp Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2007, 21:44:53 »

maybe he thought SWP had similiar dancing skills?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 8, 2007, 01:15:09 »

Sturrocks a bit of a cock really isnt he.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: