Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78117 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:31:33 »

I'm not impressed with his interview others may disagree

"I wanted to see us fatigued, I wanted us to play tired"....what is this morbid fascination with fatigue?? Please expand Scott...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:33:38 »

"I wanted to see us fatigued, I wanted us to play tired"....what is this morbid fascination with fatigue?? Please expand Scott...

It's a new one on us older fans plus I've never heard premiership managers talking about it!

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 18:34:26 »

Yep. Anyone can see we are going down this season. Worst team in the League by a mile, with the worst pre-season preparation and worst tactics.

Wink

To be fair mate, absolutely no one is saying that but unfortunately the fact is that today we were truly awful. I always like to take the positives out of every game but there was nothing to take out of today and all of the comments made have been totally fair and reasonable...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:11:38 »

To be fair mate, absolutely no one is saying that but unfortunately the fact is that today we were truly awful. I always like to take the positives out of every game but there was nothing to take out of today and all of the comments made have been totally fair and reasonable...

There is a positive to take. Absolutely zero league points were up for grabs today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #709 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:28:07 »

I've asked the question and as I thought there'd be a scientific thought process behind it

Hi mate.

Basically the human body needs a lot of stress to adapt to new levels of fitness. And to really push our levels it requires us to do more work in the week than would be in a normal game week. So players bed up playing fatigue to really push the stress on the body. Now when they focus on recovery during the first week of season! Thier new level of fitness will and should show
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #710 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:29:45 »

Baudry Shade Khan and a few others were positives I thought
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:36:22 »

It's not so bad on here as most posters are reasonably articulate and intelligent 😉, but elsewhere they just do my head in with the hissy fit negativity. At least wait until a few games into the actual season before making a judgement on the team, individual players, management and tactics. Doing so pre-season is ridiculous.

I don't recall us having a particularly good pre-season last year and we did pretty well.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:46:11 »

No defensive coach announced, haven't worked much on tactics, recruitment not finished, but obvious strength off the bench, so far too early to tell.  Make a judgement after ten league games.

Why show Harrogate scouts your exact line-up and how you are going to play?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 19:49:13 »

No defensive coach announced, haven't worked much on tactics, recruitment not finished, but obvious strength off the bench, so far too early to tell.  Make a judgement after ten league games.

Why show Harrogate scouts your exact line-up and how you are going to play?

I agree take stock after a quarter of a season then we will have an idea if Lindsey is the right man for the job.

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 20:04:10 »

Baudry Shade Khan and a few others were positives I thought
Baudry made a big difference - has to start next week IMO...
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 20:07:29 »

Whatever you think of the performance, Lindsey is much easier to listen to than Garner was. And he says more.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 20:39:40 »

Have we done anything to resolve the fact that our midfield was powderpuff last season, and the main driver of our poor defensive record?

Things get better but they never get good
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 20:43:05 »

You can already tell Ben Garner is in charge😀

So, give no fucks
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 20:49:58 »

Have we done anything to resolve the fact that our midfield was powderpuff last season, and the main driver of our poor defensive record?

Not completely no. I think that we need to sign a defensive midfielder- Khan looks promising but we need back up
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 21:15:19 »

You can already tell Ben Garner is in charge😀

both teams looked as bad as each other! the swansea own goal was dreadful and both teams looked sloppy passing out the back and gifting the opposition chances
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: