Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78131 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:23:50 »

Not my statement Batch but it was posted on here.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:47:33 »

I don't agree with that statement. Had limited service and was carrying a knock that he was checking out at half time.

Could have squared instead of shooting? Probably. But no different to last year in that regard

It reminded me a little of a goal Barry scored towards the end of the season where McKirdy had a similar cross/shot and Barry ran onto it perfectly. Shame it was just a touch ahead of Wakeling.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 15:49:41 »

Lindsey has come out and said we did extra training and running this week so the side played 'tired' today. I think we also did that early on in pre-season so seems to be something Lindsey favours. Hopefully we see a much fresher, sharper side next week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:04:36 »

How injured is iandolo?

Not seen him all preseason, fear it must be reasonably bad
digby

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:05:02 »

Hmmm My thoughts on the game

Not impressed with either Hutton or Harries, both guilty of being out of position and some poor passing
Adeloye won some headers, but not much in the way of chances, Mc Kirdy and Reed just what you'd expect, impressed with Mc Donald who looks just the type of defender we've been crying out for and a leader by the look of it. Thought Ward looked the better of the two keepers. Shade looked very solid but also exciting going forward. My pick of the 'new' players though was Ben Gladwin, he looks and plays like the Gladwin of old ! The player I was looking forward to seeing the most was Sadiou Khan, and I wasn't disappointed - his introduction transformed the midfield ! I can see him soon becoming a fan's favourite !

Overall I'd say it was a reasonable performance against a pretty decent team, and when you consider we gave them 2 goals with bad back passes it wasn't too bad.

Mildly optimistic for the season !
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:10:55 »

Lindsey has come out and said we did extra training and running this week so the side played 'tired' today. I think we also did that early on in pre-season so seems to be something Lindsey favours. Hopefully we see a much fresher, sharper side next week.

WTF they are supposed to be professional athletes no excuse not to be fit the season ain’t even started yet
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:16:38 »

This 'playing tired' is a strange concept that I'd not come across until this close season when we were (by the sound of it) equally shit against Supermarine...is it an example of coaches trying to be too clever? An all too easy excuse to grab at for a crap performance? Proof of the pudding and all that I guess...all that matters is Harrogate next week...good result there and today will be long forgotten...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:17:00 »

In my limited experience, getting fitter just means going harder/further. You are still just as knackered.

That said, I don't like the excuse
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:20:44 »

This 'playing tired' is a strange concept that I'd not come across until this close season when we were (by the sound of it) equally shit against Supermarine...is it an example of coaches trying to be too clever? An all too easy excuse to grab at for a crap performance? Proof of the pudding and all that I guess...all that matters is Harrogate next week...good result there and today will be long forgotten...

It is new to me also. But didn't we come out really sharp against Woking? Which I think was the game afterwards? If it works then absolutely great. Marginal gains and all that.

The proof of the pudding will be over the course of the season. Edit - just saw your proof of the pudding quote, think I've overdone it on the sweet treats!!

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:28:34 »

He used the same excuse against Supermarine, load of nonsense for me as 8km across a week isn’t really much for a professional athlete. Plus we were at our worst in the first half (2-0 down after 17 mins) so I fail to believe fatigue would have kicked in at that point.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:31:42 »

Never had any complaints when Macari & Wise trained them hard and a new excuse for us all to digest.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:32:43 »

Where did 8km come from?

Or do you mean across a game
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:34:00 »

It is new to me also. But didn't we come out really sharp against Woking? Which I think was the game afterwards? If it works then absolutely great. Marginal gains and all that.

The proof of the pudding will be over the course of the season. Edit - just saw your proof of the pudding quote, think I've overdone it on the sweet treats!!
Yeah, sounded like we were bang on the money Woking...hopefully we won't look like a bunch of Yorkshire Puddings at Harrogate Wink *

*Googled Harrogate Pudding and that's all that came up. Pure laziness on my part. I'm typing while fatigued...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:34:44 »

Where did 8km come from?

Or do you mean across a game
He quoted something like they’d done 8km of extra running this week. Same Cardiff team played against Shrewsbury on Tuesday so they’d have been just as fatigued’ so just a token excuse for me.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 16:37:15 »

In my limited experience, getting fitter just means going harder/further. You are still just as knackered.

That said, I don't like the excuse
No, the more I think about it, the less I like it as well Batch. Fatigued does not equate to out and out shitness, which we were from minute one. You can't be fatigued right at the start of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: