Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78106 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 12:52:31 »

Just remember if he does sign here, its because its the most money he could get, and don't believe any crap he says about wanting to be here. Remember last year he could leave for free, but couldnt get anything like the money he was earning from Lincoln and us. As far as i'm concerned now he can fuck off, the club have offered the max and he is still using that to negotiate elsewhere. He is not as good, or worth as much as he thinks, as proven by him being unable to get deals so far. He needs a bit of a reality check.
‘n Whelan
@RyanwFWA
·
👀 Jack Payne decision on next club expected in the next 48 hours. Will let you know as soon as I can. ⏳

Not guaranteed but expected to move quickly. Firm offers down fron each club just a decision on which one. ’
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #361 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 12:53:45 »

Doesn't need it to play in a friendly though.
I think the rules are he doesn't need it if hes out of contract and playing as a trialist but because he has signed for us he needs international clearance to play for us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 12:59:47 »

Just remember if he does sign here, its because its the most money he could get, and don't believe any crap he says about wanting to be here. Remember last year he could leave for free, but couldnt get anything like the money he was earning from Lincoln and us. As far as i'm concerned now he can fuck off, the club have offered the max and he is still using that to negotiate elsewhere. He is not as good, or worth as much as he thinks, as proven by him being unable to get deals so far. He needs a bit of a reality check.

Relax. He's doing what every other player in his position would do. He's a free agent off the back of a very successful season. He's 27 and his next contract could be his last. Nothing is guaranteed in football. He probably has 5 or 6 different offers and his agent is bouncing between them all trying to get him the best deal.

Also how do you know the hold up isn't that he's desperate to sign for us but we are only offering a 2 year deal and somebody else a 3. The thing is you don't know. It's very easy to sit here and see it from a fans perspective but he will want the most security and most money on his next contract. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here if it's possible.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 13:00:07 »

I think the rules are he doesn't need it if hes out of contract and playing as a trialist but because he has signed for us he needs international clearance to play for us.

Weird bureaucratic rule. Surely a friendly is a friendly and not subject to rules. West Ham got someone out the crowd once. Teams have been known to play three thirds of 30 minutes and all sorts of wild changes in friendlies.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 13:00:35 »

Not a fan of Jack, are you. Here's you on the eve of last season.

Jack Payne is over rated and over paid.

His end product is poor, and he is weak and gets bullied, and will likely suffer even more in league two than league one.

He puts the right effort in and runs around for which i can't fault hin, but that should be expected of most, if not all players.

Make no mistake he is here, and talking about this nonsense for one reason. No other club will take him and pay him the ridiculous wage we are paying him. Available on a free, yet not a single League once club is interested, does that not say all we need to know about his quality. He suggests there may have been interest, at which point the likelihood is the interest does not equate to the wage he is being paid. 5k a week!!!! The average is 2k-2.5k. DJ was getting £2.4k.

Quite frankly he is a massive drain on our budget, who contributes nothing like value for what he is paid, and outside of the sheer lack of bodies we have, we would be much better off without.

Whether we still need him is up for debate with the squad starting to come together, but he's been a good player for us, give him a break.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 13:02:48 »

Not a fan of Jack, are you. Here's you on the eve of last season.

Whether we still need him is up for debate with the squad starting to come together, but he's been a good player for us, give him a break.

Its true i'm not. I dont get the fuss, and i think the lack of him being able to get another club backs that up to some extent.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 13:16:09 »

Its true i'm not. I dont get the fuss, and i think the lack of him being able to get another club backs that up to some extent.

There lies the rub. Cost v benefits, whoever he plays for this season.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 13:50:44 »

1-0

Boo! Lindsey Out
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:05:21 »

There are 5 clubs that are vying for his signature.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:07:40 »

Devine has been replaced

Hopefully just a knock
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:24:43 »

Devine has been replaced

Hopefully just a knock
It might be tactical. I thought he was poor against Woking.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:27:38 »

‘HALF TIME: Eastleigh 1-0 Swindon Town...

Disappointing score line at the break, although Town have dominated possession and had the bulk of the chances.

Danny Whitehall's tap in after just eight minutes separates the two sides at present.’

Remind you of anything?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:33:17 »

‘HALF TIME: Eastleigh 1-0 Swindon Town...

Disappointing score line at the break, although Town have dominated possession and had the bulk of the chances.

Danny Whitehall's tap in after just eight minutes separates the two sides at present.’

Remind you of anything?
It reminds me of how a football match goes some times, yes.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:35:24 »

It’s what ultimately fucked us up last season - getting beaten by some right old dross
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, July 16, 2022, 14:39:01 »

There are 5 clubs that are vying for his signature.

Out of interest of course other than Crawley, any idea who the others are?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: