Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78081 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:40:59 »

Iandolo played quite well LB/LWB last year. Wouldn't mind seeing him back there. Even starting if Devine doesn't end up being what we need.
Preferred him in midfield tbh. Personally think he's pretty average at LB.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:43:57 »

I think we had a few trialists - a number 2 who looked vaguely like KHH (he seemed to take up a central midfield berth) and a few others (some may be youth teamers) who did not particularly make a mark. Payne signing would make me club more confident in the squad but as it stands I don’t think it is bad and I hope this result and performance goes some way to quelling the tides of negativity from the resident doom mongers.

The number 2 was Dworzak. At 16 I think he's got a good chance of making it from what I've seen, read etc.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:56:25 »

Much better last night and similarly to last season at least have a reasonable first XI albeit a few players short such as a main striker. Still think we need another left sided wing back as nothing I’ve seen from Devine for either us or Walsall says he should be guaranteed starter.

As for Gladwin in defence is that a serious suggestion? He can’t tackle, gets caught in possession a fair amount and gets injured with the slightest touch so I couldn’t think of anyone less suitable to play at the back. On his day he’s great but he can be a liability at times in midfield, at the back he would be catastrophic.

Sonny Hart came on again, is he on trial or part of the academy?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 08:05:08 »

Sonny Hart came on again, is he on trial or part of the academy?

Cant be a trialist if named, although he wasnt named in the squad.

still must be an innocent mistake, same as the burying of ticket price increases and the article on zav rather than purposely not declaring im sure.  Head Hurts

nothing to see here, club is whiter than white.

Edit-

Putting all the background clusterfuckery to the side for a minute- sounds like a good performance and a positive result. a couple more additions and we should be competitive on the pitch  Clap
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 08:12:13 by The Million Pound Man » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 08:13:40 »

Pleasantly surprised last night.
Was expecting a disjointed effort but the new signings fitted it ok and all were competent.
Don't want to single anyone out on the evidence of one game but the keeper looks to be a good acquisition.

Good to see both wing backs bomb forward if not always successfully but it's the intent that's a good sign.

Just need that "nasty striker" and an even nastier midfielder.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 08:41:17 »

As for Gladwin in defence is that a serious suggestion? He can’t tackle, gets caught in possession a fair amount and gets injured with the slightest touch so I couldn’t think of anyone less suitable to play at the back. On his day he’s great but he can be a liability at times in midfield, at the back he would be catastrophic.
I'm sure I recall Gladwin playing LB once a few years ago, when Cooper was manager probably. Not a great success as I remember and wasn't tried again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 08:46:10 »

Of course it would. You know we'll come up against pump it long teams

Yeah but then you’d have the other centre backs go and attack the ball and have Gladwin drop deeper to pick up the second ball, if the striker wins the flick on.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 09:03:26 »

Ala Hoddle
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 09:17:05 »

For those asking Sonny Hart is part of the under 18 setup. Whilst there is a distinct lack of information about actual players in squads, he was on the subs bench for the under 18s defeat to Colchester under 18s in the youth FA Cup so has been around the academy for a while now seemingly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:01:52 »

Preferred him in midfield tbh. Personally think he's pretty average at LB.
Agree 100%.

Gladwin could possibly play in the DMC role in front of a back 2 but would be a waste in front of a back 3 for me, he has obvious class but he has the pace of Nalis now unfortunatly so needs to play in a role that he doesnt need pace in, a bit like Ross Maclaren in the Ossie side.

The youngsters -

Cowmeadow is a winger who can play in the front line if needed, decent on both sides although fairly small at the moment, played for Wales U17s.

Minturn is a well built CB with a bit of pace and not bad in the air.

Dworzak is a central midfielder with some promise.

Dabre is a flexible left/right footed player who has played at LB/LW/RW.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:07:00 »

I'm sure I recall Gladwin playing LB once a few years ago, when Cooper was manager probably. Not a great success as I remember and wasn't tried again.

I recall Gladwin playing LWB against Notts County away... tore their rb a new one from the start.  Did we win 4-0 that day?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman

« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:08:40 »

Having a read of the Woking forum their fans are very complimentary saying no team in their memory has gone to Woking and totally outclassed them by such a margin in a pre season friendly that they can recall.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:10:37 »

I recall Gladwin playing LWB against Notts County away... tore their rb a new one from the start.  Did we win 4-0 that day?
2014...a 3-0 win.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 10:16:27 »

2014...a 3-0 win.

Lovely.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 11:27:44 »

I stand corrected... Put it down to the 80% bollocks talk  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: