Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78114 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 21:36:28 »

Cool, starting to take shape & it looks like it’s 352 and wing backs going on the friendlies.

Probably need some more depth there if that is the case. So a couple of WBs a Grant type midfielder and a physical presence up front and I’d say we are set.

If you just go x2 for every position we are nearly there

2/2 keepers
2/4 wing backs
6/6 centre backs (including Minturn & Cowmeadow)
5/6 centre mids

4/4 strikers (including Parsons, Wakeling & Massey)

Imagine we might bring in loans & then loan out some of the younger players.

I’ve probably forgotten some too so numbers might be wrong
Edit; Definitely wrong forgot Parsons (now added) and didn’t even give Iandolo a position and still haven’t. I wonder if we see him as a LCB, LWB or CM?!

I’m 99.9% sure Cowmeadow is a left sided attacker and not a centre back.

Wouldn’t include Massey either tbh, seems quite raw.

If we sign Darcy, I’d say we’re about 6 short. An out and out right back, centre half, 2 midfielders and at least 2 new attackers that are starting XI quality.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 21:47:48 »

I’m 99.9% sure Cowmeadow is a left sided attacker and not a centre back.

Wouldn’t include Massey either tbh, seems quite raw.

If we sign Darcy, I’d say we’re about 6 short. An out and out right back, centre half, 2 midfielders and at least 2 new attackers that are starting XI quality.

I swear I read that Cowmeadow was centre half tonight in someone’s match report *shrugs*
Looks like we will be playing wing backs so not sure a right back is needed.

I personally think we need a Grant type in midfield but with Reed, Williams, Gladwin, Aguiar, Iandolo and Darcy (and Payne till a possibility) I’m not sure the club agree on that opinion.

Definitely need to strengthen up front.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 22:01:35 »

I don’t think anyone doubts Gladwin technical ability or quality.
His durability is questionable and he is extremely slow.

Not dynamic enough anymore to be an attacking midfielder. Think he’s better suited to sitting back and ‘Quarterbacking’

Agree.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:08:43 »

I wonder if Gladwin could play in the back 3. Tall and strong, lack of pace could be hidden by those next to him and would be good at playing out from the back
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:12:03 »

I know some of our more challenged fans wouldn’t like it, but 2 or 3 of our own youngsters look more than decent enough to challenge for a starting place.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:18:41 »

With the signing of Clayton and reading comments about the Woking performance, yesterday has to be the first genuinely encouraging day of this pre season...long may it continue...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:20:28 »

I swear I read that Cowmeadow was centre half tonight in someone’s match report *shrugs*
Looks like we will be playing wing backs so not sure a right back is needed.

I personally think we need a Grant type in midfield but with Reed, Williams, Gladwin, Aguiar, Iandolo and Darcy (and Payne till a possibility) I’m not sure the club agree on that opinion.

Definitely need to strengthen up front.

It’s Minturn at the back, I think

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:34:30 »

With the signing of Clayton and reading comments about the Woking performance, yesterday has to be the first genuinely encouraging day of this pre season...long may it continue...

The delay with Payne is just making me a little nervous with the agent dicking around again.
Still cautiously optimistic mind 🤞
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 06:51:11 »

I know some of our more challenged fans wouldn’t like it, but 2 or 3 of our own youngsters look more than decent enough to challenge for a starting place.

Which of them have caught your eye?

Minturn for me at Supermarine. Cowmeadow I didn't really watch closely. Parsons has something, I've seen it before, but didn't really catch the eye on Saturday.

But you can judge bugger all from our season.

Also, roll on signing a striker or two.
-------------
Thanks to those that wrote reports. Nice to see the first 11 doing the damage. Should calm people for a bit

The squad still looks well to me. But see preseason disclaimer above
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:04:52 »

I wonder if Gladwin could play in the back 3. Tall and strong, lack of pace could be hidden by those next to him and would be good at playing out from the back

…yeah…now you’ve said this I remember thinking something similar the other day for some reason.
Think I was playing FM and had to move a midfielder back into a back three due to an injury or something.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:09:04 »

Gladwin's strength isn't heading, and he's not very quick
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:16:12 »

Which if you were the deep sitting centre half in a back three wouldn’t be an issue
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:17:03 »

Cool, starting to take shape & it looks like it’s 352 and wing backs going on the friendlies.

Probably need some more depth there if that is the case. So a couple of WBs a Grant type midfielder and a physical presence up front and I’d say we are set.

If you just go x2 for every position we are nearly there

2/2 keepers
2/4 wing backs
5/6 centre backs (including Minturn)
5/6 centre mids
5/4 strikers (including Parsons, Wakeling, Massey & Cowmeadow)

Imagine we might bring in loans & then loan out some of the younger players.

I’ve probably forgotten some too so numbers might be wrong
Edit; Definitely wrong forgot Parsons (now added) and didn’t even give Iandolo a position and still haven’t. I wonder if we see him as a LCB, LWB or CM?!

Posted this in the Squad thread, a depth chart-y thing. It's missing Cowmeadow who I guess is up front.

It's really not that bad, could probably do with a bit more wing back cover and a forward. Considering we have three loan spots left, it feels like we're in a decent place.

* lineup (1).png (129.75 KB, 480x600 - viewed 98 times.)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:20:55 »

Iandolo played quite well LB/LWB last year. Wouldn't mind seeing him back there. Even starting if Devine doesn't end up being what we need.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, 07:40:32 »

Which if you were the deep sitting centre half in a back three wouldn’t be an issue

Of course it would. You know we'll come up against pump it long teams
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: