Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-season matches 22-23  (Read 78061 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:35:52 »

Personally, I don’t give a flying one about the result. But, what’s a bit more worrying than not being able to score from numerous opportunities is the fact we shipped 2 goals.

What I would say is that the closest we have to a first team defense didn't play together at the same time. We had trialists and younger heads out there.

Yeah the squad could/should be stronger.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:40:34 »

Ps. Where was Mr Ian dolo?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 08:59:53 »

Cardiff game ko changed to 12pm on police advice

Edit. Hang on, it was always 12pm according to Batch Huh?

Sorry if I’ve missed this being updated, but official site says 3pm?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #213 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:11:22 »

I used to always have an FM theory that if I lost my preseason games I'd have a good season and vice versa. Fingers crossed.
There always used to be a thinking that when ou have a shit pre season the following season is a good one and as you state visa versa.

Certainly back in the 80s and 90s it was a popular theory.

For instance the 85/86 season when we won Div 4 at a canter in pre season we lost to Leeds, Watford and Yeovil and we drew with Welton Rovers and Chippenham.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:40:41 »

Early PSFs are there to help generate scenarios from a tactical/technical point of view. As stated; a training exercise - with fans.

Some are confusing "purposely fatigued" with just fatigued. The coaching staff may have forced a fatigued scenario by making them all rip their spleen maybe a night or morning session before. Thus meaning they have to play the next day/later on half tired. It can give indicators for many things like where individual performance levels are at, how quickly they recover, how shit they really are, how they cope in late stages of a game (at this current moment in their F&C) and so on.

Should Town win? Maybe

Should Town score? Arguable depending on the training remit set

Is it uncommon for a Semi-Pro Non-League local team to up their game and seize an opportunity to say "we beat a Football League side"? Nope

Should the regular Town fan be concerned? If you want to be...yes but add the context of the opening paragraph and the only meltdown should be from that fucking Fruit Pastille ice lolly you put in your pocket and forgot about!  Wink

I'm still more concerned about jiggery pokery off-field than on currently. It's pre-season. Enjoy the sunshine lads, lasses and everything in between  Pint

PS: Cunts - the lots of ya!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:43:27 »

Sorry if I’ve missed this being updated, but official site says 3pm?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/early-kick-off-for-cardiff-friendly/
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:45:47 »

Early PSFs are there to help generate scenarios from a tactical/technical point of view. As stated; a training exercise - with fans.

Some are confusing "purposely fatigued" with just fatigued. The coaching staff may have forced a fatigued scenario by making them all rip their spleen maybe a night or morning session before. Thus meaning they have to play the next day/later on half tired. It can give indicators for many things like where individual performance levels are at, how quickly they recover, how shit they really are, how they cope in late stages of a game (at this current moment in their F&C) and so on.

Should Town win? Maybe

Is it uncommon for a Semi-Pro Non-League local team to up their game and seize an opportunity to say "we beat a Football League side"? Nope

Should the regular Town fan be concerned? If you want to be...yes but add the context of the opening paragraph and the only meltdown should be from that fucking Fruit Pastille ice lolly you put in your pocket and forgot about!  Wink

I'm still more concerned about jiggery pokery off-field than on currently. It's pre-season. Enjoy the sunshine lads, lasses and everything in between  Pint

I agree with all of that, well said. I listened to the last 2 talk of the town podcasts last night and I think the purposeful fatigue is good as it essentially equates to the players being beasted now to build and assess fitness and performance. The result of this match doesn’t matter. No meltdown required yet. I have to say that I have been quite impressed with the interviews with Lindsey that I have heard and he seems (at least to me) to be a bit more likeable than Garner. I never particularly warmed to Garner and he always seemed to be moaning about how many penalties we should have had etc.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:55:11 »

Cheers batch👍
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 09:58:23 »

Should Town win?

Yes they should.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:16:28 »

Should Town win? Maybe

Good theory about the fatigue scenario something I hadn't given thought to.

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:20:27 »

There always used to be a thinking that when ou have a shit pre season the following season is a good one and as you state visa versa.

Certainly back in the 80s and 90s it was a popular theory.

For instance the 85/86 season when we won Div 4 at a canter in pre season we lost to Leeds, Watford and Yeovil and we drew with Welton Rovers and Chippenham.

I am a great believer in this, however, one thing is clear....there will be NO free hit for the Manager this season.

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:24:31 »

Ps. Where was Mr Ian dolo?
On a golf course….
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:33:49 »

I am a great believer in this, however, one thing is clear....there will be NO free hit for the Manager this season.

Agreed, last season Garner was accepted with a few murmours as we all knew we were close to folding but second time around the fans will turn quickly as the chairman has seemingly took the cheap option

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:43:51 »

On a golf course….

Injured? Would be of odd to play golf. Assuming you are serious.

If not, why not in squad yesterday?
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, July 10, 2022, 11:54:13 »

Should Town win? Maybe

^^^^ this ^^^^
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: