Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England Vs Spain  (Read 6198 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:38:26 »

no one picks the ball up and runs at players anymore. All it is, is this slow, boring pointless side ways passing across defensive and midfield
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 23:08:57 »

Quote from: "Rossi"
To be honest, I would rather watch us getting beat but playing attacking entertaining football than watching us grind out results like we usually do - get a goal, then immediately bring on a defender and pass it sideways/backwards

I said something similar about 5 mins into the game - if we play well and lose then it would be better than playing crap and winning. Incidently we played crap and lost, I didn't even think of that possibility  Cool
red macca

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 23:21:43 »

Leroy Lita should of been in that squad tonight
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 14:08:40 »

Quote from: "DV85"
without Owen we are nothing.

we dont have another striker in the same class

I dont care what ben wah balls says Peter Crouch is shite
Wrong as usual DV. 15 goals this season already for Crouch, the only player who has been scoring freely for England this season, we do miss Owen but Rooney is better. Pretty crap game but much better players like Rooney, Owen, Lennon, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole and John Terry would all be starting if fit, players like Phil Neville and Shaun Wright Phillips at the moment aren't much use.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 14:35:11 »

thuought Barry was disappointing, but then in his defense, he bought him on and then gave him approximately 10 minutes to have a go before bringing his little bum-chum downing on and moving him to left back.  How is that testing how barry does on the left of midfield ?!

Highlight was the fans giving McClaren a proper bawling on his long walk back to the tunnel. quite like that about old trafford, tunnel in the corner.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 14:42:10 »

Why did Lampard play left Midfield he was isolated their. He kept drifting in. Barton should of came on 15-20 mins earlier. SWP had no confidence on the Right wing he should of had a go at Capdevilla and tried to beat him a couple of times. Very impressed with the Spannish Midfield and David Villa and Torres when he came on he looked lively.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 15:07:10 »

thing is, when barry came on and with no gerrard, lampard was moved into his 'ideal' position... and proceeded to do absolutely fuck all.  He's got no excuse
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 15:44:45 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

Wrong as usual DV. 15 goals this season already for Crouch, the only player who has been scoring freely for England this season, we do miss Owen but Rooney is better. Pretty crap game but much better players like Rooney, Owen, Lennon, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole and John Terry would all be starting if fit, players like Phil Neville and Shaun Wright Phillips at the moment aren't much use.

Oh...I'm surprised you didnt tell me he has score 12 goals in his last 13 internationals against really shit opposition or something  :roll:

He is shit.

He has scored 6 premiership goals this season. Which is less than both Johnson and Bent.

He was pants last night, totally ineffective. Couldnt head the ball, couldnt control the ball, couldnt do anything with it.

Dont even know why I'm rising to it to be honest.

He is shite and you are talking rubbish
Rich Pullen

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 15:50:23 »

Regardless to how good he is or isn't.

I wish he'd stop looking so suprised EVERYTIME he's punished for climbing on to the defender to win a header.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:00:37 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Regardless to how good he is or isn't.

I wish he'd stop looking so suprised EVERYTIME he's punished for climbing on to the defender to win a header.
In his defence, last night two fouls were given against him when he literally did NOTHING worthy of a free-kick, and he should have had a penalty

Still can't wait to see Owen and Rooney there though. Becks and Neville should be the right-side partership too, they work well togethe and I personally think Beckham is more valuable than most give him credit for.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 17:04:04 »

maclaren will be the worst england manager in my lifetime,i'm sure of it.didn't watch the game, and wont for the forseeable future.
its a fucking joke.square pegs in round holes and all that!
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 18:56:14 »

Oh...I'm surprised you didnt tell me he has score 12 goals in his last 13 internationals against really shit opposition or something  :roll:

He is shit.

He has scored 6 premiership goals this season. Which is less than both Johnson and Bent.

He was pants last night, totally ineffective. Couldnt head the ball, couldnt control the ball, couldnt do anything with it.

His sissor kick goal last month was pretty special though, you have to admit!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 18:59:04 »

Quote from: "Rossi"

He is shit.

His sissor kick goal last month was pretty special though, you have to admit!

Indeed it was....but Rory Fallon once scored an over head kick that doesnt make him good enough to play for England (I know he isnt English but you get the point)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 20:49:39 »

Make that two overhead kicks he Fallon scored for his DV. Bradford at home last season.
red macca

« Reply #44 on: Thursday, February 8, 2007, 21:06:50 »

Heres my crap opinion of it.Only one good thing came out of that game and that was woodgate and for that reason alone you play the following team and formation

Robinson/ or another
ferdinand
terry
woodgate
lennon/neville
lampard
hargreaves
gerrard
cole
owen
rooney

When owen is out lita or bent