Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England Vs Spain  (Read 6205 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:07:12 »

i'm more worried about the midfeild to be honest.

it's a good point about owen, but its easy to say owen is the main man when he's injured but people get on HIS back alot when he doesnt score and its usually because the midfeild dont create anything.

gerrard, alright he's quality and stuff but he looked permanently unsure of his job today and we need the refined, outstanding ball player- not the headless chicken, do everything one that turns up for liverpool frequently.

Lampard, drop him, please. he's quality- can score goals can setup goals, just not for england in our system. if it's him or gerrard which it really has to be, then he has to go.
left wing tonight and not once did i see him actually on the left, let alone beat his man and swing in a cross. not his fault, he's not a winger but there's no place for him.

carrick- i'll say it again- is an absolute myth. what the fuck has he ever done? especially for england- he never looks like scoring, he's not a rugged tough tackler that we need in the 'hole' he just ponces about trying little reverse balls and 65 yards through balls- flick fanny if ever i've seen it.

gotta feel for SWP, cant be expected to really turn it on for england when it always seems like any mistake he makes and he's out. true what lawrenson said about him needing an arm round his shoulder, that's mcclaren and mourinho.
i'd favour lennon on the right every time anyway.

get the midfeild right, which we invariably should be with the talent at our disposable, and any of our strikers (thats all the way down to bent and beattie) could be scoring for england.

officially blacker than the night.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:09:44 »

Quote from: "strooood"
get the midfeild right, which we invariably should be with the talent at our disposable, and any of our strikers (thats all the way down to bent and beattie) could be scoring for england.

Agreed. IMO our best midfield would be Cole - Gerrard - Hargreaves - Lennon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:09:51 »

midfield is clearly missing Joe Cole and David Beckham. They are the main chance creators.....or were....
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:13:15 »

Bring back, Cole, Scholes and Sven!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:14:12 »

Bottom line is most of these players don't give a shit about playing for England.....once upon a time it was different.

There wasn't much to choose between the two teams tonight....both have lost recently in  Belfast.....to a side consisting of mainly lower league players.

They especially don't care about friendlies....which I suppose is only to be expected.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:14:47 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Bring back, Cole, Scholes and Sven!

Christ no! Gary, get out! Now!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:18:46 »

Jesus wept Gazza have you completely taken leave of your senses?Huh?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:19:24 »

Do you really see us qualifying under Mclaren who doesn't have a clue, as much as people knock Sven you can't knock his qualifying record
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:22:01 »

I meant Becks not cole!  :?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:24:32 »

Do you really see us qualifying under Mclaren who doesn't have a clue, as much as people knock Sven you can't knock his qualifying record

It wouldn't be much a surprise if we don't qualify.....appointing the ex scummer was always a disaster waiting to happen.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:28:36 »

I can see our friends up north qualifying whilst we are sat at home waiting to see who replaces McLaren after he is sacked for not qualifying.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:30:01 »

I can see our friends up north qualifying

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:30:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I can see our friends up north qualifying

You laugh they aren't doing too bad..... saying that, that was before their managerial change.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:31:41 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Bottom line is most of these players don't give a shit about playing for England.....once upon a time it was different.

Agreed.

I thought Joey Barton's body language and, brief, work rate when he entered with 10 minutes to go suggested more urgency than the likes of Lampard have in countless amount of caps.

They're doing it for themselves and not their country. Many of the players from 2006 didn't cry because England were out of the World Cup - they cried because they the individual were out.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 7, 2007, 22:33:12 »

To be honest, I would rather watch us getting beat but playing attacking entertaining football than watching us grind out results like we usually do - get a goal, then immediately bring on a defender and pass it sideways/backwards

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: