Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28107 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:26:22 »

Aren't Honda on Shut down at the moment?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:31:38 »

Too early to say if it's a trend, but one suspects it will need some decent form to get the gates back up.

Something like a two wins and a draw in the last four games?

Edit - It could be worse, we could be Sunderland and have our own manager tipping us for relegation, be interesting to see if their crowds drop off?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:37:11 by horlock07 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:36:30 »

Something like a two wins and a draw in the last four games?

I guess it's different for all non attendees....is that good enough for you?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:38:25 »

I guess it's different for all non attendees....is that good enough for you?

Well it makes all the predictions of doom and gloom look a little off the mark, although I suppose for a lot of fans it might mean accepting they are wrong to come back so quickly?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:56:29 »

Well it makes all the predictions of doom and gloom look a little off the mark, although I suppose for a lot of fans it might mean accepting they are wrong to come back so quickly?

I'd estimate we could easily bolt on another 3000 with some clear evidence of progress....go back to peak PdC Div3 in early 2013, and we could get  9000+ for games v HPool and Carlisle. Then on a bit of a roll, vying with Bormuff and Tranny for auto.

Of course, being Town we know the rest. At least, although we didn't manage Bormuff style lift off, we avoided Tranny type sinkage.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #140 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:57:04 »

Bollocks. Two home games a week apart, one of which is Bristol Rovers and then Oxford away coming up. If you pick and choose your games I doubt you'd pick Port Vale out of those three.

We'll get over 10k on Saturday, easy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 10:02:33 »

Bollocks. Two home games a week apart, one of which is Bristol Rovers and then Oxford away coming up. If you pick and choose your games I doubt you'd pick Port Vale out of those three.

The debate is about Swindon fans in attendance....it will be over 10,000 because of the number of gasheads.

Of course there will be some in the home part of the figure who go as neutrals.....I know several.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 10:11:37 »

I did! Smiley But I suspect I am definitely in the minority!

I can't make the Rovers game and I ain't going to Oxford (doubt I could get a ticket anyway)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #143 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 11:15:26 »

The debate is about Swindon fans in attendance....it will be over 10,000 because of the number of gasheads.

Of course there will be some in the home part of the figure who go as neutrals.....I know several.

Our max away attendance is what? 3000? That's means there'll be at least another 1000 home fans there next week.
lambourn red

« Reply #144 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 11:17:15 »

Surely if it was down to the number of Gas heads that would mean just under 5k in attendance which we know will not happen so the other 2k will be Town fans who for whatever reason decided not too attend the glamour tie with Vale .
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 11:29:04 »

If some of our 'fans' really aren't going due to Power then it just goes to prove what a petulant and 'special' section within our fanbase we have. He's delivered a squad as he always does, the predictions of relegation appear premature, he has stabilised the club and despite all the shit that gets posted about his media approach I would bet that he actually speaks to the press more than the majority of owners (admittedly usually to Radio Wilts). He's not the best owner in the world but at the moment he's the best option the club has and there are plenty worse around.

Been the same for years as some people just have no intention of going anyway so just jump on any excuse to justify themselves and want everyone to know about it. First it was McMahon, then Andy King, then some used Di Canio and now some are using Power. The likes of Christian Kostiuk are a classic example...
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 13:06:16 »

Someone on twitter made a good point, and I can't remember who so apologies if it's a poster on here, .. I'm paraphrasing but it was

"Remember when HMRC were trying to wind us up every other day,  and we had an aging team or past it mercanaries, playing in front of sub 6000'" gates.

Well I can, as can most on here, do the refuseniks really think we aren't better off than those days?

High cost of tickets, economic uncertainty, disposable income going down, having a family...
There are plenty of valid reasons people may no longer go, and I myself come a lot less than I did, but because Power won't spunk money we as a club can't afford on resigning Simon Cox or Jordan Turnbull?
I'm not buying it.
Flashheart

« Reply #147 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 13:18:28 »

Power Lover....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 13:21:10 »

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 13:23:41 »

If it's possible to auto change text to a gif, this should be it