Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Crewe Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 31346 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:17:45 »

Is Jake Hyde related to the ex Wycombe keeper Paul Hyde?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:18:29 »

And more importantly, is his middle name Ellen?

If you're still thinking about that, it's time to go to bed.

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:20:46 »

swindon red certainly has it in for jcp.only a few posts to his name but has had a pop at our resident youth team informer.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:24:43 »

I reckon he's one of the youth team that JPC doesn't talk about so he feels left out. Sam Morris maybe, JPC hardly mentions him.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:29:24 »

perhaps swindon red is a certain dave byrne  Eek Cool
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:34:30 »

perhaps swindon red is a certain dave byrne  Eek Cool

Doughnut.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:35:49 »

obviously it isnt, im hoping for a bigger fallout between jpc and this fella though..
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 23:54:29 »

Popcorn, get your popcorn.
Otter's noses, badger nipples, lark's tongues ....
deltaincline

« Reply #323 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 00:55:19 »

I agree with whoever it was that mentioned Bill Power earlier in this thread. That bloke certainly kick started the club by bringing in Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet. He got everyone united behind the club, made us all feel 10 fucking feet tall (apart from Wise) for once and just got on with signing players who could do a job for us. Marvelous times that unfortunately ended with Diamandis retaking control while Power was flat on his back in hospital.

I don't have any contacts in the club (apart from my hairdressing ones) but surely Andrew Fitton knows in his heart that something is badly fucked up on the management side at the moment. A mass cull of the backroom staff  did the trick when Wise and Poyett arrived. Though I disagreed with his treatment of fans, I'd ditto that comment for Paul Sturrock as well. No disrespect to Byrne, but whatever excuses are trotted out, we're shit at the moment.

Player personalities aside ( I don't need another shoeing for slating Paynter) our squad seems to have maybe 6 or 7 players capable of doing the business under the right management. We also have maybe another 5 or 6 youngsters capable of challenging for a place at some point, or at least showing enough potential to do so. The remainders are therefore fucking driftwood and liggers who we're best getting shot of as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

History shows that Power brought in the right people to sort the club out. It also shows that even a cunt like Diamandis knew enough to appoint Sturrock to do the same job.

Fitton is no mug. I hope he'll have lined someone up who'll sort the fucking place out once and for all. If he appoints someone who is going to accept the status quo like Malpas did though, we could all be in for a very  bumpy ride this winter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 01:26:38 »

Otter's noses, badger nipples, lark's tongues ....

I don't want any of that Roman rubbish. Why don't you sell proper food?

When I see JPC throw down a man challenge to swindon red I want proper food.
Spencer_White

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 08:30:21 »

We only signed one first team player in the summer. Its hardly suprising the squad has gone stale.

All our decent signings were by Paul Sturrock, or they were on Sturrocks radar (Cox, Timlin, McNamee).

Basicially we cant afford another lightweight.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 08:45:55 »

I agree with whoever it was that mentioned Bill Power earlier in this thread. That bloke certainly kick started the club by bringing in Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet. He got everyone united behind the club, made us all feel 10 fucking feet tall (apart from Wise) for once and just got on with signing players who could do a job for us. Marvelous times that unfortunately ended with Diamandis retaking control while Power was flat on his back in hospital.

I don't have any contacts in the club (apart from my hairdressing ones) but surely Andrew Fitton knows in his heart that something is badly fucked up on the management side at the moment. A mass cull of the backroom staff  did the trick when Wise and Poyett arrived. Though I disagreed with his treatment of fans, I'd ditto that comment for Paul Sturrock as well. No disrespect to Byrne, but whatever excuses are trotted out, we're shit at the moment.

Player personalities aside ( I don't need another shoeing for slating Paynter) our squad seems to have maybe 6 or 7 players capable of doing the business under the right management. We also have maybe another 5 or 6 youngsters capable of challenging for a place at some point, or at least showing enough potential to do so. The remainders are therefore fucking driftwood and liggers who we're best getting shot of as quickly and as cheaply as possible.

History shows that Power brought in the right people to sort the club out. It also shows that even a cunt like Diamandis knew enough to appoint Sturrock to do the same job.

Fitton is no mug. I hope he'll have lined someone up who'll sort the fucking place out once and for all. If he appoints someone who is going to accept the status quo like Malpas did though, we could all be in for a very  bumpy ride this winter.

Tats an extremely good post, agree totally with all those comments.  I am very worried about our club

Swindon_red

« Reply #327 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 08:51:33 »

I can assure you that im definitely not Dave nor am I Sam Morris (who is a 1st yr pro not youth team player) or any other youth team player come to that.  I may have only recently started posting but I have been an avid reader of the posts on this site for quite some time which is why I dont like the way that JPC stirs things up about kids who are trying to learn and develop.  A while back one of his posts said that he gets info from his best mate who is the landlord of some of the YT.  Which if true, is totally bang out of order cus the club pay bloody good money to have the kids looked after and I dont think they would appreciate an employee talking about them to anyone who wants to listen.  It could of course just have been a lie because now he seems to be using his parents business dealings as the source for all of his knowledge, its hard to know what to actually believe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 08:54:31 »

Think the consequences of the mismanagement of the 00's is that we're now a yo-yo club (two chocy biscuits there Nev)...yo-yo between L1 and L2.  The reason why the likes of BP and DM could attract decent management teams is that we spent money which didn't exist. 

AF is not going to do this...he's pushed the boat out to sack MM and replace him, but isn't going to stretch to a whole new backroom staff.

Think Gazza mentioned that being in L2 isn't so bad, because we can win a few games there....let's face it DD's only record of success is at that level.
dell boy

« Reply #329 on: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 08:55:32 »

I believe JCP use to be a youth team player who did not make it because of injury problems.
The crap he talks has a tendency to be truthful most of the time so he does have contacts within the club at youth team level.
He says he is mates with a lot of the youth team players, I cannot see any reason not to believe this.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: