Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Crewe Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 31350 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:36:07 »

Even I've given up on the adver now, there seems to be more people criticizing Fitton on there than ever dared to be critical of Diamond Mike and co. Apparently "we'll never have a good manager whilst Fitton is in charge".   Roll Eyes
JPC82

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:37:03 »

Even I've given up on the adver now, there seems to be more people criticizing Fitton on there than ever dared to be critical of Diamond Mike and co. Apparently "we'll never have a good manager whilst Fitton is in charge".   Roll Eyes

we havent had a good manager since fittons been here, hopefully the next appointment will change that
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:37:39 »

So why did Byrne start Joyce v Rovers and Sturrock is not even on the bench?
Tho whole reasoning of my point is how is Joyce ever going to show how good or bad he is,todays match was the ideal one for him to have a run out..you cant judge a player on two games...he was top notch pre season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:38:24 »

Fittons only been here a year...

Bill Power on the other hand knew how to appoint a manager and get the positivity flowing, what ever happened to him and his loan/shares/etc

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:40:00 »

Tho whole reasoning of my point is how is Joyce ever going to show how good or bad he is,todays match was the ideal one for him to have a run out..you cant judge a player on two games...he was top notch pre season.

Seen as Joyce got taken off after 30 minutes I think its fair to say Byrne dropped a bollock with that one.

No you cant judge a player on two games, so you cant possible say he'd be a better option than Blair.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:41:04 »

Er, Sturrock was on the bench...
JPC82

« Reply #246 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:41:23 »

Seen as Joyce got taken off after 30 minutes I think its fair to say Byrne dropped a bollock with that one.

No you cant judge a player on two games, so you cant possible say he'd be a better option than Blair.

that wasnt due to Joyce being so shit it was that everyone was shit cos the formation was so wrong
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:44:58 »

that wasnt due to Joyce being so shit it was that everyone was shit cos the formation was so wrong

There was no formation for the first half hour, that was the problem.  I thought Byrne made a bit of a balls up there and I hope Joyce realised he had to be the one to pay for Dave's naivity in that game, instead of letting it get to him that he was taken off in the first half.
JPC82

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:45:52 »

There was no formation for the first half hour, that was the problem.  I thought Byrne made a bit of a balls up there and I hope Joyce realised he had to be the one to pay for Dave's naivity in that game, instead of letting it get to him that he was taken off in the first half.

joyce was told it was nothing to do with his performance it was all tactical
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:46:48 »

Ime bound to get shouted down for this..so be it but if Money is appointed tomorow i for one wont be happy...Fitton said he wanted to appoint a manager who will react to the fans(his reason for sacking Malpass)
He did a great job taking Walsall up but even there fans are split on how good he is.
If hes better than MM then we will stay up,ime not knocking him but i really wanted Fitton to bring someone special in...maybe its not Money and weve been hoodwinked and only time will tell how good he is...i wish him the best.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:47:48 »

Its my guess that Peacock will play up front with Cox next week,with Easton,Timlin and Pook in midfield McNamee on the left and the same back four.Brez could well be recalled

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
red7

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:53:39 »

I went today and to be honest I'm tired of watching Swindon this season.

4 wins from 19 league games tells its own story.

I knew we'd lose today - every team on a bad run seems to beat us. To be honest, I don't subscribe to his " we've got a decent squad, if only we had the right manager" stuff. The table doesn't lie. We can't win from 3-0 up and we can't win ugly. The brutal truth is that half - yes half - of our regular first teamers are not good enough for this division.

To watch us trying to fashion any clear cut chances against the worst team in the league was, frankly, pitiful. Our midfield to a man are embarrasing beyond words, all huff and puff and not an ounce of guile or imagination between them.

And you dread the ball falling to Ifil or Aljofree as neither can do anything other than hoof the ball 60 yards aimlessly upfield - that's when not missing the pitch altogether - 5000 square yards of turf for God's sake. I've been slagged off on here before for criticising Paynter but he's got the touch of a lame rhinocerous. And the finishing ability.

Today was deeply depressing. And I repeat - the table doesn't lie.  
red7

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:58:20 »

I went today and to be honest I'm tired of watching Swindon this season.

4 wins from 19 league games tells its own story.

I knew we'd lose today - every team on a bad run seems to beat us. To be honest, I don't subscribe to his " we've got a decent squad, if only we had the right manager" stuff. The table doesn't lie. We can't win from 3-0 up and we can't win ugly. The brutal truth is that half - yes half - of our regular first teamers are not good enough for this division.

To watch us trying to fashion any clear cut chances against the worst team in the league was, frankly, pitiful. Our midfield to a man are embarrasing beyond words, all huff and puff and not an ounce of guile or imagination between them.

You dread the ball falling to Ifil or aljofree as neither can do anything other than hoof the ball 60 yards aimlessly upfield - that's when not missing the pitch altogether - 5000 square yards of turf for God's sake. I've been slagged off on here before for criticising Paynter but he's got the touch of a lame rhinocerous. And the finishing ability.

Today was deeply depressing. And I repeat - the table doesn't lie.  
dell boy

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 21:00:18 »

Its my guess that Peacock will play up front with Cox next week,with Easton,Timlin and Pook in midfield McNamee on the left and the same back four.Brez could well be recalled
Timlin looked our second best player this season (after Cox) all the time he played at left back, he has not been an inspiration in midfield in fact he has been pretty poor, as good as the young lad has played at left back I would rest him for the game against Yeovil, I would imagine it will be a bit of bruser of a match and this is not the time for youngsters starting, bring them on later if the game is won.
Brez must come back, not because he is that much better than Smith at the mo, just he can't be any worse (well I hope not).
I think you are probably right about Peacock going up front, Nailis Pook JPM and McNamee in midfield.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 21:06:11 »

Peacock went off injured good chance he will be out next week
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: