Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Crewe Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 31348 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:11:59 »

Billy got sent off twice at Crewe against the same player this year. fool.

January 08
Crewe will argue the former Port Vale man's elbow definitely connected with Michael O'Connor on 75 minutes but to the neutral it looked as though referee Mr Evans had already marked his card after an earlier late challenge.

Today
66 mins: RED CARD (Paynter). The Town striker is given his marching orders after retaliating to a challenge from Crewe skipper O'Connor.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
JPC82

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:12:30 »

David Byrne's 2nd stint as Caretaker boss will be remembered as a collection of missed opportunities.

2-2 Leicester City, spirited comeback we should have built on the enthusiasm afterwards.
2-2 Bristol Rovers, last gasp equaliser by Gas - draw considered a fair result.
2-2 Peterborough, last gasp "wonder" goal from 'boro.
1-2 Walsall, I'm told we were the worst of a bad bunch.
1-1 Carlisle, late equaliser again, at home to a poor travelling team
0-1 Crewe, lose to the worst team in the division.

Sadly, 4 points from 18 is awful, especially when we lost most of those points late on.

It will probably sound ridiculous but I take heart from the fact that we're not getting tonked every week - get the right guy in and I'm sure he'll be able to work with them (obviously bringing a couple and getting rid of a few aswell).

Byrne is an adequate coach, he's not a leader though. If it's Money then I have no doubts that the likes of Macklin will appear sooner or later with or without Byrne.

but without lloyd getting a taste of 1st team football hes off
Rich Pullen

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:14:49 »

At a guess I would say that had we been a higher up the table he would have played by now. It got to the point where Callum Kennedy had to be given a chance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:15:34 »

Billy got sent off twice at Crewe against the same player this year. fool.

January 08
Crewe will argue the former Port Vale man's elbow definitely connected with Michael O'Connor on 75 minutes but to the neutral it looked as though referee Mr Evans had already marked his card after an earlier late challenge.

Today
66 mins: RED CARD (Paynter). The Town striker is given his marching orders after retaliating to a challenge from Crewe skipper O'Connor.

I wonder what odds arriba and I can get on Barry Corr to be fit for the next game?

Straight red, so what 3 games suspension for Paynter?

Super Sturrock to the rescue? nope bet Byrne uses this chance to go 4-5-1 with Cox upfront on his own
JPC82

« Reply #229 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:16:10 »

At a guess I would say that had we been a higher up the table he would have played by now. It got to the point where Callum Kennedy had to be given a chance.

under Malpas Lloyd never even played a ressie game tho
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:16:30 »

Ime personally very disapointed he braught Sturrock on and not young Joyce...nothing against Blaire but hes had his chances in the past and not delivered...give the youngster a chance IMO.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #231 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:18:54 »

under Malpas Lloyd never even played a ressie game tho

...yep, but Money will be different (I hope, if he comes in) as he works in Youth football at this moment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:19:25 »

Joyce has played what 2 professional games

He could be the next Andy Caton....

Sturrock has when called upon done a good job for us, right now between Joyce and Sturrock it isnt a difficult choice.

However I think Byrne will go 4-5-1 next game and put in an extra midfielder to keep things tight.
JPC82

« Reply #233 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:20:21 »

...yep, but Money will be different (I hope, if he comes in) as he works in Youth football at this moment.

hopefully cos we have some good kids coming through, Kurt Hammonds, Nathan Thompson, Will Evans & Lloyd the best by a mile
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:20:40 »

To be honest how bad we are doing putting Sturrock in the team isn't going to be any worse is it? SUPER SUPER BLAIR! ... Maybe not but hey ho!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:24:40 »

Can you point out to me when Sturrock has done a good job?....he puts in 100% but isnt good enough....Andy Caton was permantly injured so comparing him to Joyce isnt really fair.
To be fair to our squad they do put the effort in most games...but the LGE dosnt lie at Xmas...most arnt good enough.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:27:57 »

They are all wankers ................end of
 Embarrassed

When you're smiling.........
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:29:33 »

Tbh if Ben Joyce was that good he would be in the team wouldnt he, at least Blair has the experience.

On another note, jesus the adver site is painful reading tonight Cool, Daves going to have fun in the morning!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #238 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:31:28 »

To be honest Dave should take all the bolocks post it in the dressing room to piss off the players and spur them on!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, December 13, 2008, 20:33:19 »

Ok, just off the top of my head Carlisle at home last season. 2-2 draw, Sturrock scored a good goal and was quality that day. He's always done a decent job just never got any credit because he was bought in by his daddy.

Caton scored on league debut and we over hyped him to the moon, now he plays in a league probably not much higher than I've bloody played in!!

Joyce scored on his league debut but how much do you really know about him. Im not claiming to be an expert on him at all, far from it...but have you seen Joyce play more than twice leefer? Cant help but think because he scored against Port Vale all of a sudden everyone thinks he's some sort of ace young striker who is ready for league football.

Im not claiming Sturrock is amazing or first choice, but if Bynre plays him against Yeovil he'll do a job for us.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: