Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeover Imminent?  (Read 4856 times)
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 15:33:33 »

If we are a feeder club then i'm not going to be any part of it, i will not support STFC if we turned into a feeder club!!
red macca

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 16:13:49 »

bye then
land_of_bo

« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 16:16:50 »

I don't like Feeder, they're shit.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 16:40:47 »

Quote from: "red macca"
bye then

Would you support the club then if it was purely used as a feeder club and the new owners were not worried about promotion/relegation, got rid of sturrock and put someone else in charge like brevett or some other person who has no experience.

Would you still go to watch STFC knowing all that was happening? I know alot of people wouldn't!
glos_robin

« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 16:41:44 »

bye then

Serious question, If the showcase/feeder club rumours are correct would you be happy to support a team that serves only to make agents a profit?
That would be the end for me also as I would have no interest in such a venture as the heart and soul of the club would die IMO. Decisions made by the clubs hierarchy would be done to benefit themselves rather than to benefit STFC.

Obviously all rumours at the moment but it isn't a scenario I'd have any interest in!
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 17:15:00 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
bye then

Serious question, If the showcase/feeder club rumours are correct would you be happy to support a team that serves only to make agents a profit?
That would be the end for me also as I would have no interest in such a venture as the heart and soul of the club would die IMO. Decisions made by the clubs hierarchy would be done to benefit themselves rather than to benefit STFC.

Obviously all rumours at the moment but it isn't a scenario I'd have any interest in!

Totall agree glos_robin, as i said to red macca would he really still support the club if it was in this situation, as you say the club would die and for alot of supporters it will be the end, our club would just be used and for nothing else, they would not give a dam about anything else apart from showcasing the players.
lebowski

« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 17:27:11 »

yeah but what if we're getting loads of decent portuguese players in?

as long as they've not played for benfica (because they're my least favourite portuguese club) then i think that would be ace.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 17:34:43 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
bye then

Surely the heart and soul of a club is it's fans?

I'd still go. I don't think the feeder club scenario is going to happen, but if it did they wouldn't be here very long as it wouldn't work.

We'd probably end up back in League 2 and have to start again.

It's All Good..............
digby

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 22:10:06 »

Don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I've heard the rumour from another source.  

My neighbour [who isn't actually a footie fan] works for a company who are heavily into sponsorship at the CG - he heard from one of the bosses, that the mystery backers are Portugese, and have some involvement with another club !!

I've no idea how reliable this is - but they do say 'no smoke without fire '

Without knowing the details, it's hard to judge, but my first instinct is I don't want to see my beloved STFC become just a feeder club to benefit others !!

I saw the Legends game tonight, and you could see what it meant to some of them, just to wear that red shirt again !!  Can't see any foreign journeymen feeling that way !!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 22:17:30 »

at the end of the day everything which is heard from "my mate jim" is just pure speculation and no one should believe any of it until the deal is done and the words come from the new investors mouth.

but then again if he does say we're a feeder club then all these folk will come out and say i told you so.

At the end of the days it's speculation and shouldn't be believed.

things are happening we know that much.
what exactly it is i've no idea.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 23:27:39 »

*We could become a feeder club.

*We could get investment on condition certain people still have influence.

*We get taken over fully by better off field management, with proper investment to boot.

Three blindingly obvious statements to three different scenarios. Neither one is more or less speculative than the other and neither one is more or less factual than the other. I'd hate scenario one to happen, would be extremely annoyed by scenario two and joyous if scenario three occurred. I can't draw any conclusions from what I know (or don't know) and don't see the point.

I can see the reasoning for talking up and supporting the Fans' Consortium, I can also see the reason for trying to expose and lambast the errors made by the current incumbents (I have done both, probably in too much excess). However, I don't really see the reason for excessive positivity or negativity regarding the 'investors', given the lack of details we have to go on. I'm miffed that we don't know who these people are and what their motives are and it makes me suspicious about it (I don't really expect much in the way of the deal pleasing me). There is a chance that the investment could be fucking excellent news though. I'll take my view at the top of the fence and I'll fall on one side once more details are released.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 04:42:38 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

*We get taken over fully by better off field management, with proper investment to boot.

Three blindingly obvious statements to three different scenarios. Neither one is more or less speculative than the other and neither one is more or less factual than the other. I'd hate scenario one to happen, would be extremely annoyed by scenario two and joyous if scenario three occurred. I can't draw any conclusions from what I know (or don't know) and don't see the point.

I can see the reasoning for talking up and supporting the Fans' Consortium, I can also see the reason for trying to expose and lambast the errors made by the current incumbents (I have done both, probably in too much excess). However, I don't really see the reason for excessive positivity or negativity regarding the 'investors', given the lack of details we have to go on. I'm miffed that we don't know who these people are and what their motives are and it makes me suspicious about it (I don't really expect much in the way of the deal pleasing me). There is a chance that the investment could be fucking excellent news though. I'll take my view at the top of the fence and I'll fall on one side once more details are released.

Basically what I've been saying for weeks.

But more eruditely put Cheesy

It's All Good..............
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 07:58:09 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

Don't know why but I just have this niggling feeling that anyone who believes that scenario three is likely to happen is kidding themselves.

I just think that there is absolutely no way that someone is going to come in like a knight riding on a white horse, buy the club, clear our debts, provide a new ground and then also provide the multi-million pound investment required for us to progress on the pitch - No matter which angle I view this from, I just can't see this happening.   :nono:

This is just my gut feeling however and should not be construed as a critiicism for those who believe it could happen so please do not come back and moan at me. I am not criticising those who think this could happen, nor those who are just willing to wait and see what happens - I am just giving my opinion - that's all.
red macca

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 11:09:56 »

Quote from: "OneBillPower"
bye then

Would you support the club then if it was purely used as a feeder club and the new owners were not worried about promotion/relegation, got rid of sturrock and put someone else in charge like brevett or some other person who has no experience.

Would you still go to watch STFC knowing all that was happening? I know alot of people wouldn't!
yes i would support themn still as it stands it is the only fucking option we got
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 11:25:46 »

To be honest I dont see how the "feeder club" arguemnt might work based on the invlovement of portugese agents. I'd understand it a lot more if it were the OWNERS of a portugese club.

Even so I dont see how it would differ too much to the way STFC has always been. We get players cheap, if they turn out to be good we sell them on to a profit to a bigger club who have more cash. This has always been the case and always will because we are not going to turn into a european superpower anytime soon.

If we do get a few portugese players coming over to put themsleves in the shop window for a bigger club, dont you think it suits everyone concerned if they were actually quite good. No-one is going to make any money if they are shite are they?

And why would they replace a manager who has one of the best reputations in lower league football with a no-mark like Brevett? again, not the greatest plan to make money if you are investing several million in a football club.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: