Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 completed transfers and L2 rumours 2023/24  (Read 58778 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 19:57:23 »

Jesus that's a good signing at this level. I suppose it's a bit Austin-esque in coming back to where he started out even though he could probably still play higher up.

Always a chance, but the more I look back, the bigger fuck up last season looks.
Yeah I saw that and thought it sounded like a decent signing, despite fact he is getting on a bit.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 08:50:15 »

Ref Williams...money talks. Hotel in Bradford blah blah.

As we all know, getting out of this league last season was a huge missed opportunity.

Fucking tough next season for sure.

Luckily Flynn aint no mug so i hope we cobble a team that can at least compete with the top sides.

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 08:56:46 »

Well, we’ve got Notts County and Wrexham giving it large. Gills and Donny splashing out. And the usual PO suspects Mansfield, Bradford and Salford.

Is there room for an outlier or 2.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:05:22 »

I find it easy to get annoyed and worked up at the amount of large budgets in this league right now, but the hope to cling onto is that recently, most of the promoted clubs aren't the big spenders, just those that have used their budgets most wisely.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:07:45 »

Mansfield and Salford are 2 such examples.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:21:36 »

I quite like Mansfield's business so far. I think Swan and Cargill are pretty good signings.

We are 1 of 12 clubs not to have signed anyone yet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:22:40 »

Well, we’ve got Notts County and Wrexham giving it large. Gills and Donny splashing out. And the usual PO suspects Mansfield, Bradford and Salford.

Is there room for an outlier or 2.

Yes, with a good manager & some good signings and a bit of luck.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:24:52 »

Grimsby have signed Abo Eisa on a free from Bradford.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 15, 2023, 09:28:15 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65906658 Crewe have gone down the highly rated youth keeper loan path with Harvey Davies.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 07:50:58 »

I was going to put this into the STFC Transfers thread but feared it may go off piste so putting it here. A few transfers recently have happened where Bradford appear to have been scuppered last minute by players choosing to sign for other clubs. Our own Jonny Williams and now Patrick Brough who chose Northampton over them. (League above so makes sense) You would think as a lower league player, a big club like Bradford would be appealing. A good stadium, in a big(ish) City situated in a good location geographically in the country playing for a big name manager. I wonder if Mark Hughes is actually the problem for them. Many clubs are shying away from Dinosaur managers and you wonder if players feel they are likely to learn more from younger more dynamic managers.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 08:32:45 »

a big(ish) City situated in a good location geographically in the country

Have you been to Bradford  Wink it made me smile in reading the stuff about Williams spurning them at the last minute that when he went up for his medical and finalise things they had put him up in a hotel..... in Leeds!

TBH in both cases there are mitigating factors, Williams got to stay at home and not have to move, other guy got to play in higher division.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 08:47:44 »

Have you been to Bradford  Wink it made me smile in reading the stuff about Williams spurning them at the last minute that when he went up for his medical and finalise things they had put him up in a hotel..... in Leeds!

TBH in both cases there are mitigating factors, Williams got to stay at home and not have to move, other guy got to play in higher division.

Oh absolutely, there is of course a myriad of factors that footballers must use to consider the next step in their career and there are different motivations for them as well, money, location, blah blah.

It's definitely not a simple case of taking Bradford City and Gillingham as football club sizes either, it doesn't really work like that otherwise Accrington would never sign anyone. And similarly you can't really take how nice a town or city is either, otherwise everyone would be wanting to sign for Harrogate.

I've been to neither Gillingham or Bradford but having no dog in a fight I'd 100% pick the Yorkshire city.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 09:22:06 »

Norman signs for MKD.

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/dons-swoop-to-sign-full-back-cameron-norman-4185122

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 09:28:44 »

Realistically right back is not currently an area of priority. So not too bothered about this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 16, 2023, 10:05:16 »

Realistically right back is not currently an area of priority. So not too bothered about this.
I agree as I posted in the Transfer Rumours thread. We need outright CB's not stand in ones.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: