Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ady Williams to start his final game tomorrow.  (Read 2790 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 11:25:49 »

According to sky sports news.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 11:49:13 »

Not that I believe everything that comes from sky-sports.

But if so, and MM is letting play his swan-song game then fair play. I'd like to be shown that appreciation if I was a player, I'd bet he'd be well up for putting in a show on his last ever game as well.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:20:58 »

does he deserve his place?
the fact he hasn't played for months would say otherwise.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:22:39 »

Hmmmn, I not that impressed with this, if true.  I'd have preferred him to come on late on than start.  Morrison should start before the old timer.
my-velocity

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:41:46 »

He has been a regular in reserve matches before and it is last game, nothing to play for etc..
Would be a good send of for him, i think every player at that age would like that appreciation.
Sky Sports News also said that Ince will be playing for MK as they have too many injured players..don't know wheather that's true or not.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:47:21 »

Come to think of it, are Millwall safe yet?. And if not do we not have an obligation to field our strongest possible team?

If Millwall are already safe then my point is irrelevant, but if not then the teams below may have cause to be pissed off (If we lose that it).
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:48:04 »

they're safe.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:50:12 »

Fuck that. It's not our problem if other teams have fucked about for the other 45 games and failed to get results.

I still look back with fondness to our game against Hartlepool at the end of our play-off season. Only time I've seen both sides taking the ball into the corner during the last 15 mins.

Pot Vale fans were understandably a bit pissed off.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:56:10 »

bet he gets injured within 10mins
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:57:15 »

I'd rather see Sean Morrison as haven't seen him play yet and a game under his belt would help him in confidence - although I know admittedly Adi won't play a full 90 mins.
lebowski

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 13:14:06 »

I thought Adi went off injured last night, but obviously not. A nice send off for a man who has had a good career. I believe that Reading still consider him to be their best ever centre half?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 13:39:16 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Fuck that. It's not our problem if other teams have fucked about for the other 45 games and failed to get results.

I still look back with fondness to our game against Hartlepool at the end of our play-off season. Only time I've seen both sides taking the ball into the corner during the last 15 mins.

Pot Vale fans were understandably a bit pissed off.

As it turns out Millwall are safe anyway and so it doesn't matter.

Although (And I may be talking out of my arse here), I think that there is some sort of FA, FL ruling that under such circumstances then teams must play their best available players.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 13:45:30 »

I don't reaaly see what the issue is. He's had a good career, i dont see much of a problem with him starting his last match, its hardly an important one is it.

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 13:46:27 »

I think there's a vague rule about trying to compete or something. I think there was a couple of FL representatives at the aforementioned Hartlepool match. They failed to find anything wrong though.
my-velocity

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 2, 2008, 14:22:39 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
I'd rather see Sean Morrison as haven't seen him play yet and a game under his belt would help him in confidence - although I know admittedly Adi won't play a full 90 mins.

I have to admit he played well at Gillingham..considering he was chucked into the deep end. Should be a good stand-in for next season..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: