Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Grimsby thread  (Read 21514 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 15:37:28 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
And Hereford, which should be an attractive fixture. So hopefully 2 good gates comming up.

Looking a bit longer term we also have Rovers and Wycombe before the the turn of the year.

I'm particularly looking forward to Rovers....missed the game back in about 01....and the previous game was 95/96.

The worst trouble I've ever seen at the CG was v Rovers, and the recentish attack on the Tap....suggests the family club, has still got more than its fair share of knuckledraggers.
Spencer_White

« Reply #181 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 16:50:32 »

I missed that game in 01 too. Although there was serious trouble down the train station after that game as well. Chance would have it that I was at Didcot station when the Rovers lads were comming back from Scumford earlier this year.

Id never call Rovers a fammily club. In fact I think their fans are some of the most backward and old school Ive ever seen. Proper unfashionable club. Bristol City seem to pick up the chav football factory effect, whereas Rovers' lads are older, but much less in numbers. Their fans are alcoholics. Trouble at Rovers games is unpredictable but violent. And they seem not to have discovered the internet yet  :shock: . All in all Im intrigued by Rovers, I think they are pretty unique for a southern club. So its a shame im going to miss the home game again, im in Oz.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 17:23:04 »

fucking cousin is getting married and my mother has threatened me with death if i dont go, its getting ridiculous i have followed town for 30 years and have yet to see a town rovers match.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 17:26:34 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

Id never call Rovers a fammily club.

Its a bit of sarcasm from the Shitheads.

Rovers games is unpredictable but violent

Back in the early 80's at Eastville, the Rovers mob organised themselves with CB handsets which at the time were cutting edge technology, this enabled them to send out spotters for Town fans and call up other bits of their mob for a ruck.

We were still using carrier pigeons.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 19:25:18 »

Chances are I'll be coming from Bath for the Rovers game (on the train). I think I may forsake wearing my Town shirt, from what I've heard of the Rovers support!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: