Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio  (Read 27024 times)
yogi bear

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:34:36 »

Just been watching MOTD and what a fool Di Canio is making himself look, at the end of the game he walked over towards the sunderland fans and started staring and making chin up gestures to them. I think he's way out od his debt and some of the sunderland fans were singing your getting sacked in he morning. Should have stayed at the town Clap
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 03:20:51 »

If he had we would be bust!

For all of the fun we had with him at the time, looking back he was spoilt and when he couldn't get his way any more engineered his own exit.

The fact that he then ended up jumping straight into the Prem, with his limited experience with us, was nothing short of an insult to all those managers who have spent years working their way up the ladder.

Hardly surprising then that his tactics which worked to a degree in  L2 ain't having much effect up there.

He slags his players off in public which us fine if you ain't relying on them to keep you in the job - he has got a lot to learn about man management I feel.

Not our problem any more so funny as fuck to watch the meltdown, and the fact it's Sunderland makes it even better!
lambourn red

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 07:51:47 »

his me me me atitude wont last long at a big club the bookies got it right at the start of the season first manager to go in the Prem.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 08:38:26 »

Just been watching MOTD and what a fool Di Canio is making himself look, at the end of the game he walked over towards the sunderland fans and started staring and making chin up gestures to them.

Fucking hell. 

I'm no Di Canio lover by any stretch of the imagination but this was the sort of stuff that we, as a fanbase, used to wank over when he did it.
DRS

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 08:49:05 »

Would we have loved it if we rooted to thwe foot of the table after a 3-0 defeat?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:02:14 »

I think so.  The general enthusiasm and passionate post match displays were being lapped up when we were a little bit rubbish after his first 5 or 6 games.

Granted that's not rock bottom but still
yogi bear

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:24:46 »

his me me me atitude wont last long at a big club the bookies got it right at the start of the season first manager to go in the Prem.
I don't think Robbie Savage & Mark Lawrenson go much on him
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:29:29 »

Fucking hell. 

I'm no Di Canio lover by any stretch of the imagination but this was the sort of stuff that we, as a fanbase, used to wank over when he did it.

We were not telling Di Canio to fuck off though were we?  Their fans have very quickly fallen out of love with him!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:30:09 »

Twenty years ago, he may well have succeeded at the top level.  His philosophy of complete and unquestioning dedication to his methods and the cause and focus on fitness might just have worked with players in the 1980s and early 1990s.  But the players hold too many of the cards now.  When Di Canio was explaining yesterday that his squad was fragmented, it sounded to me as if they had simply not bought in to his ideas.

His methods could well succeed at Championship level...getting a club like Blackpool up, as Holloway did, for example.  But I'm not sure that would be enough for him now.  He'll be back as a pundit on Italian TV before long.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:53:36 »

I think the difference is, while he was here he was probably the biggest name we'd had at the club since Glen Hoddle. He could make it all about him and everyone loved it, even when the initial results were a bit ropey.

At a Premiership club, that's never going to work, especially with the extra media attention. The cult of personality that got him through a few tight spots here is falling very flat there.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:22:57 »

I don't think Robbie Savage & Mark Lawrenson go much on him

That's probably a positive for Di Canio then and no doubt the feeling is mutual.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:33:06 »

its good to watch, entertaining.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:37:03 »

Has he actually blamed any players aside from O'Shea after their first game? Listening to the radio yesterday, they were talking about how he was shouldering the blame himself and standing up for his players. I may have misheard...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:43:27 »

If he had we would be bust!

For all of the fun we had with him at the time, looking back he was spoilt and when he couldn't get his way any more engineered his own exit.

The fact that he then ended up jumping straight into the Prem, with his limited experience with us, was nothing short of an insult to all those managers who have spent years working their way up the ladder.

Hardly surprising then that his tactics which worked to a degree in  L2 ain't having much effect up there.

He slags his players off in public which us fine if you ain't relying on them to keep you in the job - he has got a lot to learn about man management I feel.

Not our problem any more so funny as fuck to watch the meltdown, and the fact it's Sunderland makes it even better!

LG 2...wasn't we top of LG 1 when he left?

If you dont like him fair enough but the short time he spent here was full of fun passion and no lack of good results.
Can remember him having a dig at us fans at one point for whinging,if you are a fan who likes to slag a person(rightly or wrongly)...dont go crying to mummy when that person stands his ground and basicly tells you to shut the fuck up...being a manager he cannot actually say that of course.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:57:27 »

LG 2...wasn't we top of LG 1 when he left?

No.

We went top after winning the day after he threw his toys out of the pram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: