Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237263 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1140 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:01:29 »

Sounds a bit like Jay Mac, He has a fine scottish accent!! soapy tit wank

True but at least Jay Mac was born in Liverpool and not in Scotland.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:01:55 »

Can they not feel the shame as proper fans look down on them?

If anything it's the opposite as they seem to feel some perverse pride instead
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:05:51 »

I agree also, I was merely stating how I felt about players and managers who accept their employ.  Your 'fans' comment is a strange one, seeing as absolutely no one appears to have used that term to describe them.

Thought I saw it used somewhere in the thread but no matter. You can just take it as a general rant on the subject. For me they really are the antithesis of what being a football supporter is about.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:14:13 »

a very plastic "no one likes us, we don't care" attitude
Spud

« Reply #1144 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:16:10 »

Couldn't care less if he comes directly from franchise or not.. What does it matter? They aren't Oxford.

Agreed. Don't care where he comes from. He's a very good manager.
china red

« Reply #1145 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:21:02 »

A bit odd that this has come out of no where really.  Would be a good appointment, cannot see it happening.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1146 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:21:42 »

Probably a bit of 'siege mentality', rather like that lot from around Bermondsey.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:36:59 »

A bit odd that this has come out of no where really.  Would be a good appointment, cannot see it happening.
Do you mean that you can't see it happening because it would a good appointment?
china red

« Reply #1148 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:48:38 »

Do you mean that you can't see it happening because it would a good appointment?

Not at all.  Sideways step for him, turned down bigger clubs than us etc etc. 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:53:36 »

Not at all.  Sideways step for him, turned down bigger clubs than us etc etc. 

Coupled with him being in contract at franchise AFAIK. Can't see us affording to poach him.?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 14:56:21 »

Perhaps he and Winkleman have fallen out? in the past Winkleman has blocked most of the approaches for him, I would find it strange if we were allowed to talk to him when others haven't.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 15:18:58 »

I'd be delighted with Robinson. I'd be very surprised, but delighted if we got somebody with a record as good as his.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 15:53:43 »

Isnt it easy to manipulate the betting market I'm sure if someone put £10 on e.g. Alan Curbishley he would suddenely appear in the betting ,or does it make more money for the odd's to shorten, how much is being put on our new manager, or is it bookies making things up to get a bit of interest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 15:55:42 »

Isnt it easy to manipulate the betting market I'm sure if someone put £10 on e.g. Alan Curbishley he would suddenely appear in the betting ,or does it make more money for the odd's to shorten, how much is being put on our new manager, or is it bookies making things up to get a bit of interest

Didn't some people on here (probably Mex) manage to get Sheena Easton briefly into the betting before somehow?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 16:02:01 »

The thing is, I actually live close to MK, about 6 miles out, their are people here who were fans of other clubs, but have switched to becomig 'fans' of this thing they called a club, and yes they do class themselves as proper fans.

It's tragic, one such person lives in the village i live in, and frequents my local, and they justify the whole thing  by saying 'well wimbledon was going to go bust anyway'. its shameful

where do you live?  i'm the same distance from MK.  as for robinson, he comes in to All Bar One where i work sometimes.  i've had a good chat with him and he's actually a good egg, into red wine and good food which is good enough for me.

i'd be happy with him in charge, still hate the franchise but.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: