Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237524 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1110 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:13:13 »

Well, that is a bloody odd link. A good one I think.

Can't see it though, not even a little bit. Not even if I squint.

Nicely put.
I fully agree.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:15:39 »

Unless they start again, from the very start, they will always be illegitimate. Always.
And the more tolerant we become of Franchise, the greater the likelihood that it'll happen again.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:19:51 »

Not sure I'd want anyone with links to Franchise.

In the WSC season preview thing (where the STFC fan interviewed suggests that we are going to be relegated but on the scores given by other supporters we are top ten!) the one thing that caught my eye is just how much Robinson is hated by fans of other clubs, I expected us to score high on the dislike stakes due to PdC but Robinson and Evans seem to get most hate!
kaufman

« Reply #1113 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:22:13 »

Unless they start again, from the very start, they will always be illegitimate. Always.

The club will yes in many eyes also, but I'm sure the players and managers wont.
Prove me wrong kids...prove me wrong

Like people have said, an odd appointment, but one that could work well
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:47:41 »

I've not seen it anywhere and I was not about much last week but I thought I heard a comment that there will be some statement on Thursday about Power's future so maybe linked to a new manager / head coach ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:01:21 »

I've not seen it anywhere and I was not about much last week but I thought I heard a comment that there will be some statement on Thursday about Power's future so maybe linked to a new manager / head coach ?

I thought it was more clarifying Powers role than about his future, though they could be seen as one in the same. Anyway Jed mentioned the Thursday statement on the BBC Wilts phone in.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:29:15 »

How did you cope with Danny Wilson then?
I spent his entire reign in a foetal position.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:32:35 »

I spent his entire reign in a foetal position.

I know what you mean, I hate them as an organisation (they aren't, and never shall, be referred to, as a 'Club') but maybe Mr Robinson wants to take a job where he can look at himself in the mirror.

Not overly enamoured by him to be honest, seems to suffer from 'Appletonitius' being hugely rated and linked with every job despite never actually achieving much. Wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it's him either, still think it will be Cooper though
Flashheart

« Reply #1118 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:42:38 »

Not overly enamoured by him to be honest, seems to suffer from 'Appletonitius' being hugely rated and linked with every job despite never actually achieving much. Wouldn't be terribly disappointed if it's him either, still think it will be Cooper though

2 playoff places in 3 seasons with a more or less average budget is nowt to be sniffed at.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:49:08 »

Ambitious young manager who likes the keep the ball on the ground, would be more than happy with Robinson.. MK were pretty unlucky to miss out on the playoffs last season as well.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:49:31 »

2 playoff places in 3 seasons with a more or less average budget is nowt to be sniffed at.

I thought he'd only had one PO so that is more encouraging, still not sure we can afford the sort of compo that dreadful man would want.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:50:56 »

I know what you mean, I hate them as an organisation (they aren't, and never shall, be referred to, as a 'Club') but maybe Mr Robinson wants to take a job where he can look at himself in the mirror.

I'm hypocritical about it anyway as I've been to both of their grounds on more than one occasion and I was a big fan of Wilson during his tenure.

I've no doubt he's a good coach and manager but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about players or managers coming directly from Franchise... I can stomach it a little better if they're one or two degrees removed from them.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:03:43 »

The last Scouser we had as manager did get us out of this division...as Champions, no less.  What's not to like?!   Wink

Iffy Onuora?  No

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1123 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:05:27 »

Iffy Onuora?  No
Iffy was a Glaswegian.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 13:06:54 »

I've no doubt he's a good coach and manager but there's something that makes me feel uneasy about players or managers coming directly from Franchise... I can stomach it a little better if they're one or two degrees removed from them.

Yes but think of it this way, their customers will be livid if we poach him.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: