Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237532 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 17:57:59 »

I asked this in another thread but why would appointing Cooper be this terrible unconscionable thing to happen?
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 17:59:18 »

I asked this in another thread but why would appointing Cooper be this terrible unconscionable thing to happen?

Because he's a proven shit manager, up there with the likes of Malpas and Paul Hart, look at his record, before he came here he was at Telford and won 0 games at all, failed everywhere bar doing ok at one club, didn't last long at Peterborough either.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:10:13 »

Uninspiring, no real track record in the football league (7% win ratio at Posh), will have the fans on his back before a ball is kicked. Need I go on.

If we really are Spurs bitches then I guess you could shave a monkey and put it in charge.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:10:25 »

Being just outside the playoffs with Kettering did not warrant Cooper getting the Peterborough job, and certainly not the Swindon job, especially as he's failed 2/3 times since.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:11:43 »

Uninspiring, no real track record in the football league (7% win ratio at Posh), will have the fans on his back before a ball is kicked. Need I go on.

If we really are Spurs bitches then I guess you could shave a monkey and put it in charge.

Harbringer of Doom monkey?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #920 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:12:30 »

We couldn't afford a Gareth Bale transfer fee.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:12:50 »

Because he's a proven shit manager, up there with the likes of Malpas and Paul Hart, look at his record, before he came here he was at Telford and won 0 games at all, failed everywhere bar doing ok at one club, didn't last long at Peterborough either.
You can discount his record at Telford, he took over when they were heading for relegation and left just a couple of weeks later!  I do not want him as our manager either, but give him credit for carrying on holding the fort!
Flashheart

« Reply #922 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:13:18 »

Actually his managerial record is not that bad.

He did not do well at Peterborough (13 games), Kettering Town (1 game) or or Telford (5 games) but his record elsewhere has been quite handy. What's more is that these records can be very deceiving as he may have been working under very tough conditions.

Now I'm not trying to say I would like to see him appointed and I don't think it will happen anyway, but an average 40% win ratio is not bad at all.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:15:47 »

Don't wish to spoil anyone's evening, but Cooper is now a very short priced favourite with both Skybet and Bet Victor

6/5 and 5/4

We're getting stitched up, guys

Possibly, but weren't Hoddle and Ferdinand similarly short at one point or other?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:16:25 »

Now I'm not trying to say I would like to see him appointed and I don't think it will happen anyway, but an average 40% win ratio is not bad at all.

and don't you forget it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #925 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:19:38 »

Actually discounting Peterborough and his last 2 (virtually caretaker) roles his win ratio is not bad.

I personally don't want him as manager but if it is then it is, I would just like a new man coming in with new ideas (whether or not he is allowed to put them into practice is not the point).

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:22:02 »

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:26:04 »

Why the fuck would the board wait this long to appoint cooper? Makes absolutely no sense. Add to that about 6 different managers have been made favourites according to he 'odds'.

All you negative Nancy's can fuck off for all I care. If cooper gets it he'll never be accepted regardless, people have made their minds up. Negative shitwank cunts

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #928 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:27:30 »

If we're using win games won as a benchmark we should take Cooper over Tisdale as Cooper has the better record in that regard  Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #929 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:30:33 »

That would make Paul Hartley the best candidate then Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: