Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237532 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:04:33 »

Maybe we should start getting managers on loan.
kaufman

« Reply #841 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:04:44 »

I think the idea is Sherwood would not be leaving spurs just working for them but at our club.
Not sure how a situation like this would pan out should results not go his way.

No doubt we've been given their best crop of youngsters I'm just not sure how much of our historical soul will be lost.

I'm aware we might not have had a club without this board coming in to save us but we are Swindon Town.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:11:30 by kaufman » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:43:47 »

I think the idea is Sherwood would not be leaving spurs just working for them but at our club.
Not sure how a situation like this would pan out should results not go his way.

No doubt we've been given their best crop of youngsters I'm just not sure how much of our historical soul will be lost.

I'm aware we might not have had a club without this board coming in to save us but we are Swindon Town.

I was kind of joking when I posted something like this previously, but in the current climate, it does start to make some bizarre sense.  If it did materialise then I shudder to think at the flak that would be flying if it goes tits up. Could be the West Country's first insurrection since the Pitchfork Rebellion of 1685.
kaufman

« Reply #843 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:50:28 »

It's just Paramount that we keep our identity

Financially it all makes perfect sense, i can't deny that.
If it is Sherwood i want to see him, Power and Jed sat there explaining in complete clarity the relationship with Spurs.
This is something the Trust have to investigate if they don't

I'm excited by it in many ways, i just want to know where my club whom have such a great history, is heading with it's identity and ethos.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:51:41 »

I was kind of joking when I posted something like this previously, but in the current climate, it does start to make some bizarre sense.  If it did materialise then I shudder to think at the flak that would be flying if it goes tits up. Could be the West Country's first insurrection since the Pitchfork Rebellion of 1685.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #845 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:27:41 »

Maybe we should start getting managers on loan.
If we lose this case against Di Canio and knowing how arbitrary and petty the football authorities can be, I wouldn't be surprised if we were banned from hiring managers or something absurd like that.

"If you can't look after your managers then you're not allowed to have any at all!"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:28:18 »

If we lose this case against Di Canio and knowing how arbitrary and petty the football authorities can be, I wouldn't be surprised if we were banned from hiring managers or something absurd like that.

"If you can't look after your managers then you're not allowed to have any at all!"

Just do what Brighton have done and appoint someone for the newly created position of "Head Coach" in no way replacing Poyet
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:31:04 »

With our history with the FA and FL (particularly recently with that fun game "embargo embargo embargo"), that honestly would not surprise me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:41:17 »

A Board, not employing a manager due to financial constraints, and preferring to do it themselves, does have a bit of history at STFC.....55/56 season, we finished bottom of Div 3 S....re-election safely negotiated, ( we got 42 votes, fuck off PBoro, you only got 8, Headington got 0 mind), the Board carried on with their strategy, a terrible start to 56/57, forced a rethink and Bert Head stepped in to a job with few takers.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:43:53 »

How did re-election work? Other clubs simply voted for the club they liked best in some form of old school X-Factor thing?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:48:30 »

How did re-election work? Other clubs simply voted for the club they liked best in some form of old school X-Factor thing?

At that time it was Div3 S and Div 3 N.  In 56 Yeovil got nil point, like Headington....infinitely less than Boston United and Gloucester City.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #851 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:49:40 »

That doesn't answer the question you senile old twat
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #852 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:50:05 »

Pretty much, they voted for their friends is how it seemed when I read about it.

If you had a falling out with one club over the transfer of a player etc then you couldn't bank on them voting you in the league at the end of the season...or beyond if you finished in the bottom 2/3 of the league each season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:50:59 »

Bottom two clubs in the fourth division, or the bottom of the old the old south and north divisions had to apply for re-election.  There was no automatic promotion/relegation but it was always the old pals act and the bottom club(s) stayed in the league.  Only when a team actually left the league a la Accrington Stanley did a new club get promoted!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:51:47 »

Was it like Eurovision where you vote for your neighbours?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: