Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237532 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:47:34 »

Would save us appointing a new youth team manager as Hoddle would do all this via his academy, but I dont think Hoddle would return just to sit in mid table and he would want to bring in his players not those suggested by others, and can he work with our budget

I cant see it happening.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:48:54 »

Let's face it Swindon.  Anything could happen.

Never knowingly overstated.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:54:49 »

Trouble is now, if it doesn't happen it'll be another 'useless board' fest
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:59:26 »

This really would be a bit like getting back with the stunner you pulled as a 17 year old.  She was way out of your league back then and yet, somehow, she briefly fell for your charm before leaving you for a narcisistic wanker who spent most of his time in the gym.

She's now middle aged and has a few tricky relationships behind her.  You're not sure really whether the years have been kind to her.  She might still have it, or she could be a pale, washed up immitation of the godess that stole your heart all those years ago.  But curiosity demands that you find out!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:00:45 »

This really would be a bit like getting back with the stunner you pulled as a 17 year old.  She was way out of your league back then and yet, somehow, she briefly fell for your charm before leaving you for a narcisistic wanker who spent most of his time in the gym.

She's now middle aged and has a few tricky relationships behind her.  You're not sure really whether the years have been kind to her.  She might still have it, or she could be a pale, washed up immitation of the godess that stole your heart all those years ago.  But curiosity demands that you find out!

Beautiful.

Mail that into Radio Swindon and see if they read it out.
Flashheart

« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:04:21 »

I do like these manager/girlfriend analogies.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:05:53 »

When did you get admined BR?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:07:21 »

Beautiful.

Mail that into Radio Swindon and see if they read it out.

I wouldn't know how.  Happy for someone else to though.   Grin
Flashheart

« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:08:07 »

A couple of weeks or so ago.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:14:40 »

What's the difference to being Swindon Hotspurs to being a feeder club from the GHA? Has Hoddle discussed before how he would integrate these players into a club and numbers involved?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:18:16 »

I do like these manager/girlfriend analogies.
I'm sure my Pdc one got nicked and used in a washbag column.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:27:38 »

Whether Ardilles is right or not and despite not fully forgiven him for walking out on us I'd welcome him back with open arms.

He is a better bet than everyone else being touted and I haven't heard the phrase "early doors" in years.

Do we still have to pay Eileen Drewery ??
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:34:10 »

that is brilliant
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:40:55 »

What were the odds on MacDonald close to his appointment?

Hoddle would be welcome so long as he leaves his Christian bullshit at the door
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:47:53 »

When did you get admined BR?

At the same time he become the boards number 1 supporter, coincidence?

As for Hoddle - been out of management for 7 years now. Not sure he's going to be up to speed, most managers seem to have a shelf live...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 16:54:50 by DV Canio » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: