Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237525 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:58:12 »

Not even close to the point Batch. The meltdown was occurring before Dean said a thing.

Sorry. I thought you were referring to the reaction to Dean's comment.

The "meltdown" then is presumably the way a fair few people, myself included, have wondered if KMac left because of board interference and/or the potential state of the squad.

I think this highlights the need for clarity, as I don't think its an unreasonable conclusion to make given KMACs "don't know what is happening yet" regarding what kind of squad we will have come start of season, and a very heavy link with Spurs.

If the manager has left because he didn't like being a manager rather than specifically due to the recruitment policy then yeah, not as big a deal.
DRS

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:01:03 »

Thats kind of my point,if Kmac comes out and says it was personal how many will believe it
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:02:16 »

Got to take it at face value, but I see your point that many wouldn't. It would be useful if he explicitly said it wasn't to do with recruitment policy/board members though (and social media criticism).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:02:22 »

All of this shit that keeps happening just makes me care less and less about STFC. As a result,  I have no real feelings about MacDonald's departure other than surprise.

Whoever is our next manager will only let us all down eventually.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:03:54 »

For fuck's sake.

All was positive after the business plan presentation yet after the manager resigns, whom was not even rated by many, they board are now a bunch of crooks again?

Reaction... knee and jerk. Arrange these three words into a well known phrase.

Our manager has decided a few weeks before the new season starts he can no longer work for STFC.

Now, until KMac states his reason - then there is an infinite number of possible reasons why he resigned.

Its not outside the realms of possibility that these reasons are due to board members and/or transfer dealings. It could of course all be personal reasons. We will probably never know.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:05:06 »

Sorry, my actual point

I think its a fair reaction to question just why the fuck our manager has decided to quit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:06:24 »

Whoever is our next manager will only let us all down eventually.

Ha, see, you are getting old Sonic. That's what happens. You realise managers are either:
 - really good - they get poached and leave
 - really crap - they get sacked and leave
 - average-competant, building a squad over time - The fans get bored and put pressure on the board due to 'lack of progress', then they sack the manager.

That's why the last couple of years have been literally exceptional. Until Black gave up.
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:06:51 »

Les Ferdinand now 5/6
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:07:20 »

For fuck's sake.

All was positive after the business plan presentation yet after the manager resigns, whom was not even rated by many, they board are now a bunch of crooks again?

Reaction... knee and jerk. Arrange these three words into a well known phrase.
Eh? I didn't say the board were a bunch of crooks, just asked DRS what this "proof" was that dispelled the "potless/crooks" stuff. Which I'd like to see as much as anyone. FWIW, I don't think they are crooks, but they do seem to be potless and more than a little hapless.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:07:56 »

We can argue about everything else, but this is hardly the worst possible time to do a runner.

That'd be just before the January window closes so we have to scrabble about for whatever transfers or loans come our way. I can't imagine anyone who'd be so self-obesessed they'd do that though, leaving us in the lurch.
Excuse me if I am wrong but I am fairly certain we had a manager throughout January and had 3 players at the ground all but signed untill the football league had their say.

If every manager who resigned here left us top of the league with less than 3 months of the season to play I would not have too many complaints.

Bizzare post.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:11:39 »

Les Ferdinand now 5/6
He applied for the job when Kmac got it so I expect this is a reasonable suggestion when you add in the Spurs connection.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:12:48 »

Ha, see, you are getting old Sonic. That's what happens. You realise managers are either:
 - really good - they get poached and leave
 - really crap - they get sacked and leave
 - average-competant, building a squad over time - The fans get bored and put pressure on the board due to 'lack of progress', then they sack the manager.

That's why the last couple of years have been literally exceptional. Until Black gave up.
I have never felt an affinity with a manager since Iffy and he was shite
Flashheart

« Reply #237 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:14:14 »

Eh? I didn't say the board were a bunch of crooks, just asked DRS what this "proof" was that dispelled the "potless/crooks" stuff. Which I'd like to see as much as anyone. FWIW, I don't think they are crooks, but they do seem to be potless and more than a little hapless.

I wasn't responding directly to your post directly and I should have said 'crooks and/or incompetent'. My post just happened to follow yours.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:16:26 »

I have never felt an affinity with a manager since Iffy and he was shite

Similarly, I loved Iffy (I suppose because of my age, he's pretty much the first player I remember) and the fact that he did so badly put me off ex-players as I don't want any memories ruined.

I'd take Ferdinand considering a lot of the names mentioned. I think the key thing is that we need a really quick appointment.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 19:16:42 »

Les Ferdinand now 5/6

No idea why but Sir Les as manager would make me very happy!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: