Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237521 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:18:25 »

I hope you are right Dean...maybe the weekend will be spent on patching things up,i mean i remember Lou Macari leaving....then returning a few days later. Hmmm

Though it is fair to say Lou was sacked.
kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:20:14 »

Jed et al appointed KMac - now Power is in place KMac appears to be off.

It seems clear to me that Jed is just the mouthpiece and Power is now the puppet master.

Now, I don'T give a flying one who does what as long as my team keeps me entertained on a Saturday

It's never good when the off the pitch shenanigans are overshadowing what is happening on the pitch
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:46:56 »

Anyone thought it could genuinly be a personal reason?

Absolutely, need to hear his reasons before flying off on one. Bound to be a bit of speculation in the meantime as its not as normal thing to happen at this time of the season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:50:31 »

Out of that list for me, Gary Megson!

If that happens I will not attend-honestly,I cant stand that prick

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:52:51 »

I am sure that a certain minority will not accept that even if it is actually true anyway. Jed/Power will always be the instigator of this in their eyes no matter what "facts" come out to the contrary.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:53:00 »

I think finding a British manager prepared to work with the players he's given is going to be difficult.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 11:57:18 »

I am sure that a certain minority will not accept that even if it is actually true anyway. Jed/Power will always be the instigator of this in their eyes no matter what "facts" come out to the contrary.
With you on that one, if Jed had not come in when he did, gambled by doing it without due diligence to avoid us going into admin again we certainly wouldn't be having this conversation!!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:31:35 »

Surely we'd be in a better position if Jed didn't come in or the same position at worst? We'd of gone in to admin, not gone up due to a ten to fifteen point deduction and then would have been bought by some professionals who were allowed to due diligence.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:35:29 »

We would have been expelled from the league i think. 3rd strike and all that.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:40:45 »

Is this actually written in the football leagues rules or is it an assumption people have made?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:50:13 »

Is this actually written in the football leagues rules or is it an assumption people have made?
League rules, that was why it was vital to do it then or not at all.  And as for waiting for "professionals" to come in and take us over this club was up for sale at the start of last season and there was only one taker who sadly passed away!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:50:42 »

We would have been expelled from the league i think. 3rd strike and all that.
I know thats been hinted at that, but both Darlington and Pompey survived 3 administrations without being expelled or demoted just points deductions. Obviously Darlington has since folded and reformed but at the time they survived it.

I don't think anyone actually knows for sure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:56:20 »

I know thats been hinted at that, but both Darlington and Pompey survived 3 administrations without being expelled or demoted just points deductions. Obviously Darlington has since folded and reformed but at the time they survived it.

I don't think anyone actually knows for sure.
My understanding from an "existing" employee at STFC was it was changed to avoid the scenarios you have pointed out.  Time will tell, there will be more clubs going into admin this season I guess!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 12:57:34 »

I couldn't see that happening myself if Darlo and Pompey didn't get expelled. At the worst we might have had to start this season on a points deduction as well as the points deduction to take us out of the play offs. At least we might have had a squad and a manager to give us a fighting chance though.
kerry red

« Reply #89 on: Saturday, July 13, 2013, 13:53:05 »

Well he's gone!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: