Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My day in Glasgow  (Read 861 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 17:40:56 »

Well, I managed to get both a ticket and a lift through to Darkhead yesterday for the Celtic v Hearts game. Imagine my nervousness as I took my seat, inches away from thousands of weegies, seperated only by a line of stewards. Celtic scored after 13 minutes and I thought that they were going to charge at us. The noise was deafening as 59,000 weegies can make a hell of a racket. 3 minutes later, Rudi Skacel pounces on a mistake from Celtic and makes it 1-1. Absolute bedlam in the Maroon quarter as I get crushed by jambos running to get to the Celtic fans.

For the remainder of the game, the 1,800 or so Hearts fans completely outsung yet another quiet set of supporters. 'we shall not be moved' and the best football song I have heard (Apart from Wise Men Say) 'the hearts european song' is belted out as we are kept behind for 20 minutes after the game for 'safety reasons'. Cue more songs at the weegies expense 'What a shitey home support' to an empty stadium and a resounding chorus of 'we are unbeatable'

Nearly forgot the guy taking his life into his own hands dressed as Ronald Mcdonald holding up a banner with 'One Scott Mcdonald - We're loving it' in reference to his 2 goals which won Rangers the league. The over zealous police quickly put a stop to that as 'One Scott Mcdonald' reverbrated around our corner! You should have seen the weegies faces!

A good day out was completed when I won £30 at poker and we got a free pizza out of pizza hut when they delivered the wrong pizza!

Beers

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 17:43:33 »

A good day then!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 17:53:08 »

That sounds ace.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 18:02:00 »

A passionate game which most footy fans would've loved to been at. Sounds like a great day.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 18:21:55 »

Oh and hearing we had got a draw away at Brentford was a relief and very pleasing. Shame Ifil got sent off, but onwards and upwards!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 19:27:39 »

Top quality.

For once we all had a good day too!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 16, 2005, 20:19:42 »

We shall not be moved!!    Beers

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/Edinburgh_STFC/Fans.jpg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: