Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 48881 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:45:08 »

We still have to play Sheff Utd, Doncaster and Yeovil.....I would say its "game on all still very much to play for".

Every team near the top currently has been dropping points at home and away.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:45:31 »

I've seen 4 squads take us up to Div 2, under 4 different managers...and this just doesn't look or feel like a Div 3 promotion winning side.

Whilst I agree with the above, I do also think that this is a weak Div 3, so it may not be as bleak as we think.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:47:18 »

We've got a tough run in. We're off form and we've lost our most creative player our manager and his fantastic (and under appreciated) backroom staff. We're short of players and still can't sign anyone.

KMac as far as I'm aware has only bought in Mark Cooper and keeps playing Simon Ferry on the wing.

We're in a good position but I don't think it's all rosy and time to be happy clapping...

Cautious.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:50:14 »

Yeah id agree with that synopsis. All depends on if we can sign anyone decent i guess. At least at worst we're at the right end and wont be in godawful L2 next year though.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:51:16 »

We've got a tough run in. We're off form and we've lost our most creative player our manager and his fantastic (and under appreciated) backroom staff. We're short of players and still can't sign anyone.

KMac as far as I'm aware has only bought in Mark Cooper and keeps playing Simon Ferry on the wing.

We're in a good position but I don't think it's all rosy and time to be happy clapping...

Cautious.
Exactly my point. Anybody who wasn't a Swindon fan and was betting on the outcome of automatic promotion from League 1 would read that overview and probably discount us, especially where their own hard earned cash is concerned. Sometimes you've gotta take the rose tinted specs off and admit that there are other sides more handily placed than us at the moment. I'm not saying KM & the squad are incapable of taking us up but from a neutrals perspective we wouldn't be on their betting slip!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:51:55 »

4th in the table with the prospect of the embargo being lifted in the next few days, I do not feel its the time for doom and gloom merchants to be sounding their death knell to the season with 9 games left to play.

Possiby the weakest League 1 that I can remember as well.

Oh and 2 defeats in 17 games aint so bad is it?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:53:44 by Peter Venkman » Logged

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:53:46 »

Yeah the embargo is always just one day away from being lifted...
Flashheart

« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:54:18 »

4th in the table with the prospect of the embargo being lifted in the next few days, I do not feel its the time for doom and gloom merchants to be sounding their death knell to the season with 9 games left to play.

Possiby the weakest League 1 that I can remember as well.

But it'd be a miracle JJ.

There's only 9 games left to catch up 2 points. How can we be expected to do that?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:55:50 »

I personally think it's unfortunate we have had change both on and off the pitch at the wrong time of the season. If this was October/November i'd be thinking "great a chance for KMac to settle in and then in January he can bring his own players and build his team etc". But we don't have that time now. He's come in (as well as the new owners) at a time when results is the only thing that matters. That's not ideal for any manager. Not only that but he is trying to impose his tactics and style on a team that  has been used to a different style for the past 18 months.

Training sessions and tactics will be totally different and that will have really affected the players in terms of focus. Then there's the matter of the embargo. We're short on bodies and can't even sign anyone. It's easy to slag the new board off and say they should be sorting it but they were left in the shit when Black left as it appears we weren't paying bills.

Will it affect our chances of promotion? Of course it will. Can we still do it? Yes of course. Are we seeing the affects of PDC's sudden departure? Yes certainly. I'm not sure what all of this will mean come May but it's very frustrating for the fans that the changes have taken place now as opposed to 4 or 5 months back when we would have had a great chance to get things built and really mount a challenge. We saw the difference in 06/07 when Wise left between finishing 3rd and top. I think this will see us finish in the top 6 at best and miss out on the autos.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:55:56 »

But it'd be a miracle JJ.

There's only 9 games left to catch up 2 points. How can we be expected to do that?
Stop with your happy clapping FFS. The season is over, cant you see that?

Flashheart

« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:58:28 »

Stop with your happy clapping FFS. The season is over, cant you see that?

Sorry.

Are we safe from relegation yet?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:01:50 »

Sorry.

Just... Cheesy

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:03:47 »

can't we all just get along?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:06:29 »

Sorry.

Not if the Football League can help it...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:06:58 »

Yeah the embargo is always just one day away from being lifted...

This is a strange one isn't it ?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: