Pages: 1 ... 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226096 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6810 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:11:24 »

well quite. IF schools are shutting it should have been announced last week with London.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6811 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:17:36 »

Peston:

PM will be directly addressing the nation. It won’t be a press conference. Tier 4 restrictions will be imposed everywhere. Schools closed. No more team games in parks. But outdoor exercise will still be allowed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6812 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:18:39 »

Well worth reopening schools and causing the massive amount of work involved in that, let alone all the stress to teachers and parents for... one, maybe two days.

A lot of the schools near me saw this coming a mile off and declared Monday and Tuesday TD Days...
china red

« Reply #6813 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:24:23 »

Boris has the memory of a goldfish......what a knob

We’d already decided to say our daughter was unable to go in this week, seems like now we won’t need to make the call
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6814 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:28:54 »

Schools should shut.

This new variant affects children more than the last one.

I am telling you, things will get worse before getting better.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Panda Paws

« Reply #6815 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:34:01 »

Source? Not disputing, just interested.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6816 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:40:26 »

Bojo on the box at 8pm then  Roll Eyes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6817 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:40:42 »

well quite. IF schools are shutting it should have been announced last week with London.
Or actually planned for before Christmas when Fuckwit Williamson was suing schools to force them to stay open. Then they could have used the time to think up ways to actually make schools safer other than just asserting it
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6818 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:41:52 »

Schools should shut.

I am telling you, things will get worse before getting better.

This has been disproven.

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6819 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:52:34 »

Quote from: Panda Paws

the heat map suggests it. but you have to be careful they haven't just started testing more children. or it's showing more in children now because schools are open this time, etc.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Swindon

the new variant does transmit more readily, so I guess everyone could be worse effected
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6820 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 15:54:03 »

Well well well

Piers Morgan broke government guidance by travelling to Antigua over the Christmas period, despite living in a high tier area
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6821 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:03:29 »

the heat map suggests it. but you have to be careful they haven't just started testing more children. or it's showing more in children now because schools are open this time, etc.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Swindon

the new variant does transmit more readily, so I guess everyone could be worse effected
ONS said at end of December that "the percentage of positive tests continues to be highest among secondary school-age children" and "Similarly, the Real-time Assessment of Community Transmission (REACT) reported highest positivity rates for people aged 13 to 17 years (2.04% between 13 November and 3 December)." So it isn't just numbers of tests being done, there are proportionately more school age children testing positive, according to ONS stats. Set against that, the affects are still worse in the old: "Even though more young people have been infected, hospital admissions and deaths involving the coronavirus (COVID-19) are highest among those aged over 65 years."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19weeklyinsights/latesthealthindicatorsinengland18december2020#age-differences
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6822 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:04:34 »

Well well well

Piers Morgan broke government guidance by travelling to Antigua over the Christmas period, despite living in a high tier area

Is it actually proven, the only references I can see are from anti lockdown nut jobs and Guido Fawkes at the moment groups he has tended to piss off recently?

Not making any excuses for the prick, but FWIW as at least Heathrow (and Gatwick?) have been in Tier 4 for all the Christmas period isn't anyone who has flown out of there on non-essential travel equally liable? I see even now whilst making a much fuss about fearing the South African variant, we are still not testing people as they come back
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6823 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:04:35 »

Well well well

If true he is going to get crucified. Didn't that Katie Hopkins wannabe Julia Hartley-Brewers Droop also fuck off to somewhere similar over Christmas?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6824 on: Monday, January 4, 2021, 16:06:41 »

If true he is going to get crucified. Didn't that Katie Hopkins wannabe Julia Hartley-Brewers Droop also fuck off to somewhere similar over Christmas?
Yes and gloated that she had "got out" the day before whichever set of restrictions it was that would have prevented her from doing so. Then spent the rest of Christmas berating scientists and the NHS from the pool side at her luxury hotel
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: