Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1208886 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4260 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:24:45 »

Wow, that sounds like a very difficult situation and well done for making your way through everything so far.

Have you let the nursery know your situation? Many school/nursery leaders would allow flexibiltiy in their planning and although, "Only children of key workers" may be their line, many may be considerate to your situation if you don't mind explaining it to them like you have here.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4261 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:29:57 »

Have you let the nursery know your situation? Many school/nursery leaders would allow flexibiltiy in their planning and although, "Only children of key workers" may be their line, many may be considerate to your situation if you don't mind explaining it to them like you have here.
I'd echo this, has to be worth a try. And just massive respect to you for coping in that kind of situation. Incredibly hard. Your boy is very lucky to have such an amazing Dad
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4262 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:33:11 »

Hmm just also thinking about the grandparents option there too. As horlock says, and especially if your son hasn't been attending nursery and therefore mixing with lots of other kids, it sounds like a small risk.

If your boy was doing nursery and being cared for occasionally by grandparents, the risk would be higher but still generally pretty low in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:36:02 by mystical_goat » Logged
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #4263 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:38:51 »

Haven’t posted here for a while, but I’m in a quandary and would appreciate some Independent advice.

I know it’s been difficult for most, but I’m struggling big time. Here’s my problem...

I’m 40. My wife died end of 2018, having been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer three days before our only son was born. He was two, now coming up four. The grandparents have been great, but obvs stopped seeing them early/mid March. They are an hour away.

I’m still working, but for 40pc less than three months ago. Have to work to pay bills etc. Just about managing to get the working day/week done, but with a three year old in the background who is totally addicted to an iPad. Nursery have said they are only taking key worker kids back as it’s part of a school and they need the space (I get that).

Short term this was just about doable. Medium term I have serious concerns about both our mental healths. Long term I have no idea what to do.

The point is, I can’t legally let him stay with grandparents, but 85 days in and I’m about to break.  I also need a break, but I’m pretty worried about giving him to 69/70yr olds, especially my late wife’s parents (however willing they are). Killing them wouldn’t go down well. Less explaining to do with my mum.

Call me a cunt by all means, but what would you do?

Just sent you a DM
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4264 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:55:23 »

Haven’t posted here for a while, but I’m in a quandary and would appreciate some Independent advice.

I know it’s been difficult for most, but I’m struggling big time. Here’s my problem...

I’m 40. My wife died end of 2018, having been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer three days before our only son was born. He was two, now coming up four. The grandparents have been great, but obvs stopped seeing them early/mid March. They are an hour away.

I’m still working, but for 40pc less than three months ago. Have to work to pay bills etc. Just about managing to get the working day/week done, but with a three year old in the background who is totally addicted to an iPad. Nursery have said they are only taking key worker kids back as it’s part of a school and they need the space (I get that).

Short term this was just about doable. Medium term I have serious concerns about both our mental healths. Long term I have no idea what to do.

The point is, I can’t legally let him stay with grandparents, but 85 days in and I’m about to break.  I also need a break, but I’m pretty worried about giving him to 69/70yr olds, especially my late wife’s parents (however willing they are). Killing them wouldn’t go down well. Less explaining to do with my mum.

Call me a cunt by all means, but what would you do?
Feel for you. Organizations like Coram, Gingerbread or Barnardos might be able to help. Did a quick search and these three looked promising. Might at least get some good advice. I hope you get some help and get a happy resolution.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4265 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 05:09:55 »

Yay!

https://news.sky.com/story/after-the-pandemic-bring-back-the-old-normal-says-author-lionel-shriver-12000147
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #4266 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 05:17:18 »

I stopped reading when I got to: Here award-winning author Lionel Shriver explains why she thinks the countrywide lockdown should never of happened.

Shoddy.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #4267 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 07:21:51 »

Just sent you a DM

Thanks, and for the other responses.

I’m going to ring the nursery today and ask if there’s anything they can do. It’s part of a school and I normally get 30hrs a week free. Unfortunately I  couldn’t afford a private nursery.

We have been isolating as best we can, but given the lack of food deliveries etc, we have been going to the Tesco petri dish once a week. Son is also starting to see other kids in park and it’s difficult explaining social distancing to a 3 year old.  Comes down to taking a view with grandparents, but given everything that has happened to us as a family over the past few years, it doesn’t make the call easier!

Thanks again though. Hopefully nursery help out and further restrictions are lifted later in the summer.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4268 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 07:46:51 »

Thanks, and for the other responses.

I’m going to ring the nursery today and ask if there’s anything they can do. It’s part of a school and I normally get 30hrs a week free. Unfortunately I  couldn’t afford a private nursery.

Thanks again though. Hopefully nursery help out and further restrictions are lifted later in the summer.

Respect to you mate, sounds like you're doing a brilliant job.   Not being funny but if wages have dropped enormously would you not be better off giving up work and living on benefits ?,  I understand that the lock down  must be putting you under enormous pressure on you mentally,  hopefully you will soon be able to maybe let the grandparents help out, if only for a couple of hours at a time,  I'm sure they would love that and it would also give you a break.   I'm sure your son will admire you all the more for what you are doing once he gets old enough to understand.
Sounds like you're a genuine loving parent with only your sons best interests at heart, feel for you mate,  hope things improve for you shortly,  Chin up,  upwards and onwards and all that,   Good luck.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4269 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 08:16:56 »

Genuine respect to you Jan for what you have been through, what you are going through and for reaching out for help.

I feel pathetic for not really being able to offer much assistance other than some positive words and hope that everything works out for you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4270 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 09:01:01 »

Genuine respect to you Jan for what you have been through, what you are going through and for reaching out for help.

I feel pathetic for not really being able to offer much assistance other than some positive words and hope that everything works out for you.

These are my sentiments too. So sorry for your loss Jan and absolute respect to you for what you’re doing. Just hope life gets easier for you soon.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4271 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 09:28:47 »

What I would say is that don't be afraid to talk. You've done the hardest part by starting on here.

There are some right ol cunts on here, but we are good cunts.

Loads of people to talk to.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4272 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 09:43:10 »

Dispatches last night, bloody hell!

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/coronavirus-did-the-government-get-it-wrong
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4273 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 10:15:25 »

Where's the foreward from PaulD?  Hmmm
Panda Paws

« Reply #4274 on: Thursday, June 4, 2020, 10:38:30 »

UK today announced more coronavirus deaths (359) than the entire EU 27 combined (324). 

That's quite the statistic.

It's also not true. There is NO point in comparing countries when they all record their data differently.

For example, Spain have been trumpeting zero deaths, which is false. (https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1268450736398098433)

And the 350 odd deaths added to our total happened on 52 different days.

We have to move past the daily recorded deaths as a lead indicator. Hospitalisations is much more telling in the moment, and excess deaths when they have a chance to catch up. Hospitalisations continue to track down.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: