Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GL5Red versus Flashheart!  (Read 42464 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 16:08:20 »

These are the type of quotes that i find over the top. How does he find them more of a threat

He doesn't engage with them. That's the factual bit.

The rest is my interpretation, which goes like this: he's not interested in sharing any of his power-base with a fans' organisation, and won't do anything to support their initiatives. It's his privilege to prefer to listen to partners who can stump up rather bigger investments, just as it's the fans' privilege to remain wary of an owner who so clearly wants to keep his distance from them.

Is this contentious?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 16:11:41 »

I doubt he sees them much as a threat, more an insignificance to what he is doing, or a pain.

If his dislike of the Press (that don't do as he asks), his lack of community engagement and mistrust of the groups purporting to help the club are enough to make people want a change, the option exists to offer him exactly what would make him walk - a return on his remaining investment.  I reckon he'd sell.

Agreed. "Threat" only in the sense that in a small way their existence challenges his sole decision-making power at the club. And that's the way he wants it until someone buys him out.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 18:02:44 »

I didn't expect this thread to turn into such enlightening reading.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 18:10:11 »

If he could have been arsed, he could have made quite a convincing case for himself this season, based on losing the promising Liverpool first-choice players (viz where Kevin Stewart is now) and the damaging injuries to key personnel. This might have helped provide some balance which would in turn have helped to save some s/t sales for next year. But he couldn't, and he'll have sacrificed some income because of it.

I still think those fans would have not renewed on the basis that they feel the business model isn't a good one.

I don't disagree it would be much better if Power was to at least try harder at this sort of stuff though.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 18:10:58 »

I didn't expect this thread to turn into such enlightening reading.
It's turned into an interesting debate which is surprising considering it started like a scrap in a nursery playground.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 21:42:36 »

Fucking hell, the special bus crashed somewhere this weekend on the way home from mongo world. And they have all found keyboards.

Lovely bit of respect for children with special needs there, well done
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 21:50:22 »

Ha ha. Who said anything about kids?

Levi lapper

« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 12:55:22 »

They aren't allowed to be racist anymore innit.
Panda Paws

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 13:06:19 »

Ha ha. Who said anything about kids?

It's not funny. Forget about the mention of kids. The original post is fairly offensive to a lot of people I would imagine.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 14:08:12 »

Its in relation to our special fans. of which there seem to be a few more commenting on the wrong end of the stick after reading what they want.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 16:36:38 »

I've been diagnosed on the PC spectrum and i thought it was quite a funny turn of phrase myself.

Certainly seen far more offensive views on here, often without any rude words in them.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, April 21, 2016, 20:06:28 »

I've been diagnosed on the PC spectrum and i thought it was quite a funny turn of phrase myself.

Certainly seen far more offensive views on here, often without any rude words in them.

Cheesy

I went on an "appropriate language training seminar" not too long ago, I think sutton should go. Not because I think he needs to or that he'd learn anything, just that it'd be appropriate punishment - it was so fucking boring. Even the biscuits were rubbish.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Levi lapper

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 16:22:43 »

Cheesy

I went on an "appropriate language training seminar" not too long ago, I think sutton should go. Not because I think he needs to or that he'd learn anything, just that it'd be appropriate punishment - it was so fucking boring. Even the biscuits were rubbish.

He's referring to children in a "special bus" coming back from mongo (mongoloid) land, I'm very surprised anyone with any understanding of the issues around discrimination  would be ok with that. There are some (loads) of bigoted wankers on here, football fans aren't the brightest, but why pretend that sort of language is acceptable?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 16:41:23 »

He's referring to children in a "special bus" coming back from mongo (mongoloid) land, I'm very surprised anyone with any understanding of the issues around discrimination  would be ok with that. There are some (loads) of bigoted wankers on here, football fans aren't the brightest, but why pretend that sort of language is acceptable?
Jesus wept  Roll Eyes (I dare say you're offended by me taking the name of The Lord in vain as well)

I can't believe so much has been made over absolutely fuck all. I've never met Sutton but I'm pretty sure he's a pretty decent bloke and is most definitely not a 'bigoted wanker'. Get off your high horse and get offended by this - you're a condescending wanker. There you go - get offended - go crazy, fill your boots (and watch this. N.B. You may get offended so watch with caution).

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 17:15:47 »

Unless you're sat listening to someone speak and understand the context of what they are saying and how they mean it why get offended ?

Always grated me how people judge others based on words typed into a forum. I could call someone a stupid, daft cunt and just be joking. That gets lost on a forum as people see words then see and think the worst.

Stupid cunts.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 23, 2016, 17:17:29 by Arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: