Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 30223 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 12:17:45 »

Well thank God I decided against slashing my wrists then...
Keep the razors handy, we're Swindon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 12:19:52 »

Couple of seasons back, Villa seemed to be bringing through some decent young British talent.....I assumed it was a policy decision, so their academy may have some lads who could be of interest to us for next season...
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 12:27:38 »

Sherwood has said at todays press conference that any pursuit for Williams is dead in the water, because he is in a FIVE year contract here, with Sherwood stating it would be a 'Non Starter'. Positive news for us.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-new-boss-tim-8654337

Assuming LW is on a 5yr contract, Sherwood obviously knows of the calibre of LW to know this, which would suggest he's on his radar is some capacity. In the scheme of things, to buy out a 5yr contract for a Lg1 coach wouldn't break the bank for a premier league club. I'm glad it's been rubbished both sides, but still concerned.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 12:41:47 »

Williams seems a progressive coach, but the Prem really isn't a place for progressive football. 

Which is why pragmatists, like Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce do OK.  Fill your team with powerful athletes, play the %ages, and maybe have a modicum of quality somewhere and that should be enough to keep you up.

Van Gaal, gets it, which is why he sends out a long ball team.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 12:46:09 »

Williams seems a progressive coach, but the Prem really isn't a place for progressive football. 

Which is why pragmatists, like Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce do OK.  Fill your team with powerful athletes, play the %ages, and maybe have a modicum of quality somewhere and that should be enough to keep you up.

Van Gaal, gets it, which is why he sends out a long ball team.

He does not! He has a clip board to prove it.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:00:05 »

He does not! He has a clip board to prove it.

Proper progressive coaches, wear Google Glass, like German Burgos, Simeone's scary right hand man

Maybe Cooper should start a trend here.....

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:04:53 »

Proper progressive coaches, wear Google Glass, like German Burgos, Simeone's scary right hand man

Maybe Cooper should start a trend here.....

hmmmm....

Roaming the land while you sleep..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:07:24 »

Keep the razors handy, we're Swindon.
They're always close at hand Yes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:22:02 »

Couple of seasons back, Villa seemed to be bringing through some decent young British talent.....I assumed it was a policy decision, so their academy may have some lads who could be of interest to us for next season...
A dare say a couple of them will be coming our way in part X for Mass so finally.....

...Red Frog's prophecy begins...

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 13:34:53 »

Assuming LW is on a 5yr contract, Sherwood obviously knows of the calibre of LW to know this, which would suggest he's on his radar is some capacity. In the scheme of things, to buy out a 5yr contract for a Lg1 coach wouldn't break the bank for a premier league club. I'm glad it's been rubbished both sides, but still concerned.

If LW fancied a coaching job in the prem then I suspect that Power would let him leave as has been said before about anyone at the club for a reasonable compo but not in the middle of a promotion push though
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 14:04:09 »

A dare say a couple of them will be coming our way in part X for Mass so finally.....

...Red Frog's prophecy begins...

A couple of likely lads, would be Isaac Nehemie and Tom Leggett.....both were at Soton's academy before switching to Villa.

Don't suppose Tom is related to Peter Leggett, who briefly shone for us in the early 60's Div 2 team.

Fond recall of Pete being played on the wing to allow Mike Summerbee to play more centraly....the reward being stuffing Hudders and Derby by 4....then beating Soton and Ipswich, throw in a 3-3 v Cardiff, not a bad return for his 9 games that season....Div 2 was a tough league then as now.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:48:56 »

And now the Daily Mail are reporting that Barnsley have made a formal approach for Cooper. Already denied by Power.

What the fuck is it with silly rumours today?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 18:55:27 »

Mark Cooper is currently the Daily Mail's lower league manager of choice whenever a position is made vacant.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 16, 2015, 19:19:24 »

Think that story sums up their knowledge of the lower leagues.

I read that rag for a laugh when I visit my old dear's. Their league 1 coverage on a Monday reviewing the weekend's action consists of 2 paragraphs compared to endless pages of the Premiership.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 09:41:45 »

Official approach for Cooper from Barnsely rejected then. An odd one that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: