Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon V Millwall Matchday Thread.  (Read 27466 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:39:47 »

Blimey, not a lot to cheer about again today.

Felt sorry for Jack Smith, a couple of mistakes today but at least he tries to take some responsibility on the pitch.

For me it is the centre of midfield that needs to be sorted out. At the moment it isn't winning balls, using the ball properly when it gets it,  covering the defence or helping the attack.

I am still not sure what JP thinks he is doing out on the pitch.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
lambourn red

« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:39:51 »

I do wonder how our 11 men in the box defending still somehow manages to leave a man free on the edge of it! But we could pick the bones all day.

That is another annoying thing that Sturrock used to do as well, why oh why do we bring all 11 players back when we defend a corner. The amount of times we had an aimless punt up field to no one, this tactic also allows the other team to flood the box with even more players. Also why do Al johnson and Morrison just lump it up field instead of playing to feet they seem to have lost all confidence.

Malplas Out
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:44:27 »

On the plus side peacock will get an appearance bonus for his 2 minute cameo
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:44:46 »

Right, DV rant time...

First of our support is fucking shit and im embarrased to be a Town fan. No desire what so ever to get behind the lads, no support of the team and the only chant of real note was 'we want malpas' out. I swear alot of our mans are only happy when they are moaning and I think alot wanted us to lose today to prove a point.

We only sang when we were losing, the players were stick for all sorts today. It was disgusting. Ball comes in Morrison sticks his left peg on it and clears it....but it doesnt to a Millwall player BOOOOO! the Millwall player then controls the ball and puts a cross in. Morrison heads the ball clear although it goes straight back to their player BOOOOO! what else is he going to do with it bring it down on the edge of his own box? yeah right BOOOOO!

Nalis passes to McGovern and the ball bounces 2ft above his head and goes out for a thrown in 'fuck sake McGovern your fucking shit why didnt you get that' maybe because he isnt 8ft football. BOOOOO! you should be 8ft tall.

No wonder the team play with no confidence when thats what they have supporting then. Its a flipping joke. I realise this doesnt cover all town fans but I hate the 'Swindon expirence' today. Millwall completly showed us up and we didnt support our team.

Chanting 'we want Malpas out' during a game is pathetic, un-needed and I have nothing but utter comtempt for anyone who does so. Fuck off, support the team or just fuck off.

I thought we looked ok for parts of the first half, nothing brilliant, nothing poor as soon as they scored you could see the confidence literally leave the players and evaporate into the sky. After that everyone shyed away and the rest of the first half was awful.

Second half we started well, got our goal and after that it was all us. The next goal was vital and honestly I thought if anyone was going to get it, it would be us. Our final ball was lacking. Millwall went up the other end and scored a scrambled goals. It was us again for bit then we hit panic and lumped it.

Phil Smith looked alright in goal for me, didnt see much of the second goal.

Kevin Amankwaah again looked decent what to see him getting forward a bit more
Hasney Aljofree could have done better for the first one, ball was behind him and he couldnt quite reach it. Should have stayed with his man
Sean Morrison steady nothing more
Jack Smith probably our best player looked good going forwared passed the ball well. Scored a goal but got totally dicked for the first goal

JPM invisible. Given zero service
Nalis total garbage, some good tackles but passing and composur was below his standard today. Didnt dominate midfield at all today
Craig Easton like Nalis got stuck in a bit but ultimatley did fuck all. I'm not convinced its the same James Blunt look a like we had last season.
Anthony McNamee its alright dancing and doing step overs but you need a decent cross at the end of it.

Billy Paynter IS NOT A TARGET man stop using him as one. Also why are defenders allowed to rape him and get away with it 59 times out of the 60 it happens
Simon Cox ran around got no service

We lacked bite and dominance in midfield. I'll say it again we miss Lee Peacock. His legs are slowing down and his ability is fading bit he'll give you 100% he has high energy levels and he will battle for every single first and second ball. He offers alot both offensivly and defensivly in the air. How shit and static are we from throw in? Jack Smith has the ball and we have McNamee and Cox down the line the two smallest players. Peacock was the flick on person but he isnt in the team. Set pieces how man does he get his head on. We miss him in midfield.

As for the Malpas debate. We're still only 8 games into the season and the poorness of our performances get greatly exagerated. He'll never win the fans over no matter what he does. We wont support him because we perfer to moan. We're only happy when we're moaning.

Season Over....
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:46:35 »

Stop blaming the fuckin fans for fucksake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:48:46 »

If you do not like your boss then you lack motivation, attitude and generally feel pissed off about work. So, how did the players look today? Lacked motivation, poor attitude...
No excuse. I've worked for bosses I liked, but who were ineffective managers, and bosses who were arseholes but who I respected as managers. Yes, the latter got the best out of me (obviously) but I've always taken the view that you do your best irrespective, for personal and professional pride if nothing else. There's a separate discussion on whether Malpas can get the best out of these players, but if this is what's going on (that they're not putting the effort in because they've got a gob on), I find that despicable.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:49:57 »

Agreed, what else are fans going to do when they pay good money to watch a game and get served up shit all the time hey DV?
fergz

« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:51:44 »

I wouldn't say it was all us after we scored. I thought after we scored we went back to playing exactly the same as the first half.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:53:05 »

I can see where DV comes from but at the end of the day the fans pay their money.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:54:52 »

Theres was a ginger guy with a dark green hoody in the DR stand today who was yelling Malpas out and eventually ended up chanting on his own and persistently booing.  If you post on here I think you're an idiot mate.  That is all.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:55:00 »

Agreed, what else are fans going to do when they pay good money to watch a game and get served up shit all the time hey DV?
Booing the team/individual players while they're playing is bloody stupid though. Having argued that the players need to put in the performance to get the crowd behind them, the flip side of that is that booing your own players during the 90 minutes is just daft. It's hardly going to achieve the result you want is it? Unless you want to demoralise them still further
Rich Pullen

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:56:17 »

The fans pay to get in therefore they can do as they please - I personally wouldn't go if I felt in appropriate to boo etc, but that's me. Each to their own and all that.

However, I do believe that for a club that was saved from possible closure by Fitton, since he's come in we the fans have given the club an unusual lack of vocal support... the appreciation is there - but all is not well on the terraces.... is this all Malpas? Or the fact that we have very little to moan about?

Again, this is just my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:57:04 »

I didnt blame the fans I just think they were fucking shit, which they were. No support for the team at all today. No what so ever. The only chant today was Malpas Out what does that acheive?

Support the fucking team would be a good start
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:58:49 »

Why were the fans shit. Same shit 3 games in a row thats why.
lambourn red

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 17:59:24 »

Right, DV rant time...
Nalis passes to McGovern and the ball bounces 2ft above his head and goes out for a thrown in 'fuck sake McGovern your fucking shit why didnt you get that' maybe because he isnt 8ft football. BOOOOO! you should be 8ft tall.

Mcgovern made no attempt to come to the ball he just stood rooted to the spot and everyone could see that it was going to bounce over his head.

"Chanting 'we want Malpas out' during a game is pathetic, un-needed and I have nothing but utter comtempt for anyone who does so. Fuck off, support the team or just fuck off."

I fear they will Fuck off and leave even more empty red seats next game.

"I thought we looked ok for parts of the first half, nothing brilliant, nothing poor as soon as they scored you could see the confidence literally leave the players and evaporate into the sky. After that everyone shyed away and the rest of the first half was awful."

We were static from the first minute and the goal was just a matter of time the stats for the first half were 35 - 65% possession with 1 shot to their 5, this is just not acceptable at home.

As for the Malpas debate. We're still only 8 games into the season and the poorness of our performances get greatly exagerated. He'll never win the fans over no matter what he does. We wont support him because we perfer to moan. We're only happy when we're moaning.

I dont think the performances are over exaggerated I dont mind getting beaten by a better team when they try but there is no effort, no passion, no cohesion and I think there is an element of blame culture going on as when we concede you can see the players arguing amongst themselves

Season Over.... Could well be if we do not get shot of Malpas soon.
Right, DV rant time...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: