Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Billy Paynter  (Read 5860 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 08:44:10 »

brighton tried to sign him for 150k on the last day of the window, so what do you reckon
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 08:57:32 »

Apart from that, he isn't better that what we have up front at the moment.

good gag.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:33:42 »

Yes you would.

Nah, just dont want to watch him anymore. He played a lot of games for us, and there are things that just get on your tits about certain players. We got the best form of his career out of him for 4 months at the end, but what about the rest of it? Even then, it was all about the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Just another mercenary who only gives his best when it suits him. Wouldnt get on with Paolo at all.

Once again, no thanks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:42:15 »

We got the best form of his career out of him for 4 months at the end, but what about the rest of it?

In Simon Cox shadow but the second name on the team sheet every week. Vitally important to us and would walk into our current side.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:48:45 »

I know you love him.

He was always in someone elses shadow because he wasnt good enough to have enough impact on his own.

Put him up front with Ben Hutchinson, and guess what, it was utter shite.

Not an important player.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:54:07 by Spencer_White » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 18:57:20 »

I know you love him.

He was always in someone elses shadow because he wasnt good enough to have enough impact on his own.

Not an important player.

He was a key player in his 3/4 of a good season. Not shit but not brilliant for most of the rest of the time.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:19:57 »

He was a key player in his 3/4 of a good season. Not shit but not brilliant for most of the rest of the time.
He was a player who scored 4 (or 5 goals one game) then within 2 weeks, he came out with "I am not confident".

Utter bollocks.  We saw the very best of him in 1 season.

No thanks, let's look somewhere else.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:24:28 »

His time here was not a happy one which is part of the reason he cleared off at the earliest opportunity
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:29:04 »

I know you love him.

Not an important player.

I know you hate him.

No shame in being in the shadow of Simon Cox - many strikers past and present were/are. Cox was the best striker we've had since Fjortoft.

Anyone would struggle upfront with Ben Hutchinson.

Clearly an important player at the time.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:31:51 »

Simply incredible that some people wouldn't want to have him back. Each to there own I suppose.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:37:08 »

His time here was not a happy one which is part of the reason he cleared off at the earliest opportunity
Too far south?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 19:53:13 »

Too far south?

Everyone treating him like a cunt I would guess.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 20:00:54 »

So he went to Leeds, where they really really hate him?  Anything specific from his time at Swindon?

Honestly dont hate him myself. Just theres no way Id want to watch him play for another season.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 20:08:53 »

Simply incredible that some people wouldn't want to have him back. Each to there own I suppose.

Good player for us giving 100% every match,only soured for me by the public knowledge of his move to Leeds during the playoffs/final.....it probably cost us promotion because he was dire in the final and the Paynter v Leeds home/away would have probably given us the edge v Millwall.
Would like him back...but he is to good for LGE 2.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 19, 2011, 20:34:43 »

So he went to Leeds, where they really really hate him?  Anything specific from his time at Swindon?

Honestly dont hate him myself. Just theres no way Id want to watch him play for another season.

I think he's the sort of player which isn't universally liked anywhere for whatever reason. Championship level is too high for him though.

Fans never really took to him, only got a contract offer when he'd had a brilliant season and wasn't valued until then.

But the past is the past, he wouldn't be any good second time round I don't think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: