Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 41870 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:35:47 »

Does anyone else think that in the first half we were passing too much when right in front of goal. Should of just hada a shot or at least put it in the box.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:48:31 »

They did their homework and closed us down very quickly when we had the ball and didn't give us any time in the first half to spray it about like we normally do, I thought they were a good side, but if we had Charlie in the side it would've been a different scoreline I think, their central defenders were big, but a liability, every time they won a header you were never convinced it was going to go away from goal, their clearances were pretty awful, and the goalkeeper looked dodgy also.
Dossevi and Pericard had enough chances between them to score a couple of goals and the amount of times they got caught offside was very frustrating.

I was impressed with their winger Craig Noone, playing on the right, he often came inside and had a dangerous shot with his left foot and caused the defence a lot of problems.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:56:43 »

After being handicapped with a 2 goal deficit before we even got a chance to get going, it showed great determination and team spirit to ease ourselves back into the game and get back on level terms.  Under previous management era’s the game with have been over after 6 mins but last night I expected us to be able to get back to 2-2.

Credit where its due to Plymouth, I thought some of the attacking moves were as good as you will see in this league.  Pace, movement, 1-2 touch passing sequences, etc, most league 1 defences will struggle to cope with moves like that.

In terms of the players, Morrison was poor but inconsistency will always affect young players. Can’t see how people thought Cuthbert had a bad game, barely put a foot wrong and saved Morrison’s backside on a couple of occasions.  Prutton deserved to go, there can be little argument about either card but I won’t criticize for eagerness and aggressiveness in a central midfielder.  Thought JPM was better last night and it was more evidence that he is clearly more effective on the wing even if it wasn’t he preferred side.  Vince and Doss rarely got any linkup play going but seeing as the Plymouth number 5 was to rape Vince for most of the night that didn’t help.

Random fan irritations of the night go to people slagging off Vince for being slow.  Do they not understand that it is a physical limitation in the same way that Ferry or Caddis won’t be out jumping 6ft+ defenders?  You can’t train in way to make yourself quicker, criticize somewhere for doing something wrong if want but you can’t criticize someone for something they have no control over!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:10:43 »

They did their homework and closed us down very quickly when we had the ball and didn't give us any time in the first half to spray it about like we normally do, I thought they were a good side, but if we had Charlie in the side it would've been a different scoreline I think, their central defenders were big, but a liability,

we really did miss charlies ability of pocher instinct.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:19:49 »

I said to my mate on the way out that once Charlies back we'll net more of those 6 yard box scrambles. We're getting the ball in there, we're fine.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:34:22 »

I thought it was an entertaining game, but entertaining isn't the right word. Value for money league 1 football I guess.

Was happy to come back to 2-2 and see us pushing for the winner. Plymouth were a decent side going forwards and woeful at the back, their centre backs and keeper looked terrified under very little pressure and we didn't really capitalise.

Two things which got me livid last night:
Dossevi getting caught offside for the sixth time
O'brien hiding. Can't put my finger on it but he doesn't look like a 'Wilson player' to me
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:49:58 »

I dont understand why people still knock prutton as i thought he was superb last night,He was running from one end to the other,everytime we lost the ball he tracked back and was chucking himself into the challenges. I think you can tell he's ex championship and you can see why wilson picks him everytime. I think he was rash with some challenges but that's the way he plays.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:55:06 »

I dont understand why people still knock prutton as i thought he was superb last night,He was running from one end to the other,everytime we lost the ball he tracked back and was chucking himself into the challenges. I think you can tell he's ex championship and you can see why wilson picks him everytime. I think he was rash with some challenges but that's the way he plays.

Or.....thats the way he watches from the stands!

Clems Army!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:58:37 »

I thought Prutton showed what a threat he can be pushing forward, he made a number of good runs once he was moved in to the centre and of course there was the goal. I still don't understand why Wilson doesn't play him at the top of the diamond, he's more suited to it than JPM and it would allow JPM to play out wide where he is best.

I know a lot of people say Prutton and Douglas in the middle doesn't work but it did last night. Think it comes down to Wilson needing to get Prutton to be the one that pushes forward and slapping him about a bit if he doesn't and cramps Douglas instead.

At least he's stopped attacking the officials which is progress, he'll always pick up plenty of bookings though and I'm not sure that's a bad thing - don't think our midfield was physical enough last season. It's always worth ensuring the opposition knows you mean business.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:06:39 »

Gutted to see we were 2-0, cheered up when it went 2-2, but that winner was late wasn't it, didn't know anything about it till about 11.30 when I checked the results on my phone(still at work) Bummer
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:07:14 »

I still think we'll be up there this season. It may not be as pretty, but I think it'll prove extemely affective.

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:56:33 »

Better teams in the league???  You are having a Giraffe!!

No team thats any good gives the other side 10 chances!!
Defensively they were a bit shoddy, but i thought their overall gameplay was better than what any opposition could musta up at the CG this season. They're very good attacking wise, if you like!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:44:33 »

I dont understand why people still knock prutton as i thought he was superb last night,

It was probably the stupid red card that cost us the game - just a thought.

Re: AOB. There was one passage of play that just summed him/us up. Rose had the ball AOB made a run and was pointing infront of him. He was level with the full back and a ball down the line and with his pace he would have been in behind. Rose didnt play the ball, then AOB bent his run back up the line, so he was infront of the full back. Then Rose played him the ball and AOB got tackled.

His assest is clearly his pace, so why do we play it to his feet and not down the line infront of him?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:53:05 »

Because Rose is fucking shit?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:02:43 »

They were both at fault. Rose could've released him at certain points. AOB didn't always make that run and there was one instance where the sensible ball was to go inside and AOB simply couldn't see it and stood with his back to goal on the touchline.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: