Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 71   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next manager  (Read 193616 times)
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 21:44:08 »

The guy at Talksport (Moose) well someone he knows, seems to think there might be something in the Sherwood to Swindon link.

Probably bollocks.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 21:51:23 »

What cos he tweeted it. Ffs get a grip

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Barry Scott

« Reply #497 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 22:19:37 »

I suppose I can see why fans would want him, but he seems about as likely as Di Canio as being our next yes man.

He also seems a bit of a prick and hasn't exactly shown much skill as a manager, yet. If we were to appoint him I'd guess it'd be once his hype has died down (in a few jobs time) then his worth will be like that of the previous potential greatest manager ever: Appleton.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 07:18:41 »

Unless you're Steve Evans who rocks up a club he slated a few months before but he doesn't fall into the 'self respecting' manager category

I thought that supposed quote was fake?

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #499 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 08:49:00 »

Not that I'm entertaining the idea of Sherwood in any way but even if he is better as a coach, doesn't that fit our mould anyway? We'd have two coaches who buy into the 'philosophy' only he'd be tasked with picking the team as well.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 09:02:12 »

But Power is bezzy mates with Sherwood, so would probably give him free reign.

Maybe he didn't trust Cooper?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 09:34:56 »

No self respecting manager rolls up anywhere in a week. They carry on picking up their wages until the contract is settled or runs down and taking another job straight away undermines those negotiations as the old club doesn't have to honour the contract.

Exactly that. Gone are the days when a club just says your fired here is £x million pounds of your contract paid up, now fuck off for you to then rock up at another club a few weeks or months later on a similar package. For a similar reason and i have already said this Power will not take on a manager or player already in a job, hence why Hendon has and will not be approached. Going back to Sherwood i would not rule him out rocking up at a training session or two to watch and then giving advice on some things, same as match day in the directors box.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 26, 2015, 13:17:06 by Red and Proud » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #502 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 09:37:27 »

The guy at Talksport (Moose) well someone he knows, seems to think there might be something in the Sherwood to Swindon link.

Probably bollocks.

He's a prick ignore him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:11:48 »

Sherwood in http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/614546/Aston-Villa-Everton-Man-Utd-David-Moyes-Tim-Sherwood-Swindon

(Apologies for linking that, it may just be that I am in deepest Cumbria with a shit web connection but that website is rubbish and takes an age to load!)

Its obviously not going to happen unless Tim invests some of the c.£2m he got for leaving Villa into the club and becomes part owner with Power - at least he would be guaranteed not to get the sack if he did that!
Chrystovski

« Reply #504 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:26:23 »

Brum mail reporting that Sherwood will receive £2 Million in compo which will reduce if he lands another job within the next 12 months. I fully expect him to be sat on his arse until then.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:28:53 »

Brum mail reporting that Sherwood will receive £2 Million in compo which will reduce if he lands another job within the next 12 months. I fully expect him to be sat on his arse until then.

Yeah, he's out of the running IMO.

We'll just appoint a temporary guy on a short contract until Garreth Barry comes and becomes player/manager in the summer Wink.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:36:36 »

What if he doesnt get another job but instead becomes part owner of a club that he chooses to manage... the sort of deal Power loves!
Chrystovski

« Reply #507 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 12:45:01 »

What if he doesnt get another job but instead becomes part owner of a club that he chooses to manage... the sort of deal Power loves!

It's Powers toy, only he is allowed to play with it!!!  Wink
corner

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 13:13:39 »

Poyet on short list for villa job
Flashheart

« Reply #509 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 13:42:50 »

Andrew Steele-Davis ‏@andrew_FLICW  2m2 minutes ago
Former Bournemouth Youth Coach Ross Embleton is the new bookies favourite for the Swindon Town job. His odds are 6/4 #stfc
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 71   Go Up
Print
Jump to: