Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Vs Crystal Palace Official Matchday Thread  (Read 12478 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:00:50 »

First game I've been to this summer. Was very impressed with the first half - we passed the ball around really well, looked comfortable in possession and quite dangerous going forward. Ritchie was his usual self getting in crosses and shots whenever he could, but having Roberts on the left wing gave their defence even more to worry about. He looks a good signing.

Not sure what to make of Miller and Navarro. I think Navarro is one of those players who does the jobs you don't notice, so I'll assume he did that well! Miller looked good at times, but I can remember at least three occasions where he hit long balls straight into touch which was disappointing. Hopefully he'll get that sorted.

Second half was less impressive - we let them run at us and lacked a bit of spark going forward. Benson had an average game, Williams looked sharp and has a good touch but never quite got it right. Didn't get to see much of Collins but he did show some promise when he came on.

All in all a decent first half, and if we can play like that for the full 90 minutes against Brighton then we'll give them a good game.

As for the penalty it looked a stonewaller from where I was sat int he Arkells, but Wes was pretty adamant the ref got it wrong. Don't know what people in the DRS made of it? They probably had a better view than me.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:16:14 »

First game I've been to this summer. Was very impressed with the first half - we passed the ball around really well, looked comfortable in possession and quite dangerous going forward. Ritchie was his usual self getting in crosses and shots whenever he could, but having Roberts on the left wing gave their defence even more to worry about. He looks a good signing.

Not sure what to make of Miller and Navarro. I think Navarro is one of those players who does the jobs you don't notice, so I'll assume he did that well! Miller looked good at times, but I can remember at least three occasions where he hit long balls straight into touch which was disappointing. Hopefully he'll get that sorted.

Second half was less impressive - we let them run at us and lacked a bit of spark going forward. Benson had an average game, Williams looked sharp and has a good touch but never quite got it right. Didn't get to see much of Collins but he did show some promise when he came on.

All in all a decent first half, and if we can play like that for the full 90 minutes against Brighton then we'll give them a good game.

As for the penalty it looked a stonewaller from where I was sat int he Arkells, but Wes was pretty adamant the ref got it wrong. Don't know what people in the DRS made of it? They probably had a better view than me.

Thanks Reeves. Good to read a post about the football after the last 2 pages of crap about wether or not you can get curry in the Arkells or a bloody omelette in the Town End.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:16:59 »

Is there such a thing as non-shite Carling?

One could argue that Carling is always shite... the worst of the poor 4% lagers Smiley

Not my drink of choice but I was driving. It was super shite though, even otanswell didn't finish his pint, that's saying something!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:17:32 »

bloody omelette

Doesn't sound so appetising.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:19:30 »

Generally nor is food at football grounds but people still buy it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:19:51 »

This was just a friendly though BO, the food and lager is for the whole season!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:21:05 »

Don't think I'd fancy a curry in my pint either
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 11:35:45 »

prefer a fosters myself but carling is fine. When I go out I don't dbuy premium lagers. Aint worth th3extra cost

If I'm on lager instead of ale, I opt for Fosters virtually always - the exception being at the Beehive where Carlsberg is £2.50 a pint (and now i live on Prospect, that happens more regularly)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 12:40:12 »

The only 'weak' lager I can drink is Becks Vier. The rest tastes like piss.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 12:52:35 »

The only 'weak' lager I can drink is Becks Vier. The rest tastes like piss.
Never having drunk piss, I'll have to take your word for it.
Sick cunt.

It's All Good..............
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 13:05:23 »

Alright game. First half we passed really well and had some good chances including two woodworks. Like someone said, not too sure about the middlemen Navarro and Miller, but Roberts really impressed me. Williams looked promising too, has a fair bit of pace in him.

Not sure what I thought of Archibald.

Coca Fola

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:57:05 »

Use the disabled confectionery stand, right in the TE corner of the DRS. It's half the price of the other outlets. It's magical.
Isn't that illegal?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 15:59:13 »

He's ginger.
Coca Fola

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 16:00:04 »

I'm bringing a wheelchair to games from now on.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 16:09:33 »

Illegal?

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: