Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ciren on Wednesday?  (Read 8900 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:35:04 »

I think it's important that neither Robbo or Peacock play up front again.  They need to 100% focus on their new positions as they are not good enough strikers for league 1.  If Peacock gets squeezed out of midfield he'll end up on the bench.

Get new blood in up front, or persist with these two trialists for a bit.
red macca

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:44:10 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I think it's important that neither Robbo or Peacock play up front again.  They need to 100% focus on their new positions as they are not good enough strikers for league 1.  If Peacock gets squeezed out of midfield he'll end up on the bench.

Spot on with that.Peacock will make that midfield spot his own something dv mentioned last night which i agree with was its good to see peacock pushing on into the box from deep now aswell
red macca

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:44:15 »

Spot on with that.Peacock will make that midfield spot his own something dv mentioned last night which i agree with was its good to see peacock pushing on into the box from deep now aswell
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:44:27 »

I disagree Jan. If Peacocks not good enough to play up front in L1 then I'm not sure what level that puts the trialists and B Sturrock at based on last nights performances.  Sunday league?

The way I look at it is we have plenty of cover in centre mid, and none whatsoever up front. So the obvious thing to do is stick the fella who has played up front for 95% of his career back there. I know he dosnt score enough goals but would at least win things in the air and hold the ball up.

Obviously in an ideal world, we'd just sign a couple of quality strikers then Peacock could concentrate on playing centre mid, but I cant see that happening in the near future.
mattboyslim

« Reply #109 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:46:53 »

That makes sense Jan - Sturrock knows as well as we do that we need firepower - but at least he's not using Robbo or the Cock, persisting with trialists - whether good enough or not allows our former strikers to concentrate fully on battling for their places.  I suspect we might see Peacock or Roberts up top again next season but only in a scenario when we are 1 down with ten to go, or if we suffer a major striker shortage.
red macca

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:47:07 »

Thing is with that is sturrock WILL bring in strikers and now is a ideal time for peacock and roberts to get used to the new positions
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:55:37 »

That's why you fucked off a few years ago Colin, you'd chuck Blackburn up front you dosy knobjockey.   Wink

Being serious for a min, this is only the second half of footie either of this two foreign lads have played.  Do you know how well the triallists know the team, the language, the formation???  I don't think that Giuma (sp) looks that bad and neither does Arrieta.  In defence of Giuma he's been playing up front with a youth teamer and a pretty inexperienced midfield behind him, he's hardly gonna look like a world beater.

I will reserve judgement until they come back from Austria, where they have had time to bond as a team, get to know the way different players operate, get to know what's expected.  Then if they still look shit, ship them out.
mattboyslim

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 08:59:45 »

True - I'm just gonna back sturrock - he had the balls to sack off the Bayo deal - and I trust him to find an adequate alternative(s).
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 09:07:23 »

That's why you fucked off a few years ago Colin, you'd chuck Blackburn up front you dosy knobjockey.   Wink

Being serious for a min, this is only the second half of footie either of this two foreign lads have played.  Do you know how well the triallists know the team, the language, the formation???  I don't think that Giuma (sp) looks that bad and neither does Arrieta.  In defence of Giuma he's been playing up front with a youth teamer and a pretty inexperienced midfield behind him, he's hardly gonna look like a world beater.

I will reserve judgement until they come back from Austria, where they have had time to bond as a team, get to know the way different players operate, get to know what's expected.  Then if they still look shit, ship them out.

If I was still in charge I'd have signed a striker by now. Admittedly he'd have cost £300k and been worse than Guima, but at least we'd have a striker Wink

Seriousley I know what you are saying, and I'm far from being at panic stations just yet.  But sturrock wants crosses into the box, as things stand we only have 2 players really capable of attacking balls in the air, one is crippled and the other is playing centre mid.  Hopefully we'll sign crouchy and Jan Koller today and all will be well Wink
neville w

« Reply #114 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 09:08:55 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Who Cryer?

course he can.

I guess we could call him  "Town Cryer" ?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, July 19, 2007, 15:18:53 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Great goal from Arieta. He deserves to be kept on a trial basis partly for the goal, and partly for some decent touches in general play. Seems to find space well by dropping off the front line. He did also fuck some things up though.

Guima is shit. Cant run or head the ball despite being a big cunt. Get rid.

Aljofree has a good left foot on him, one cracking though ball in the 1st half.

Dont think the minge is a winger, looked better as an attacking full back.

Blair was really really shit I thought. Struggled to hold the ball up, didnt seem to make any of his intelligent runs, basically contributed fuck all. He's better than that and needs to start showing it.

Genarally we wernt vey good, although vivaesh has clearly got Ciren working hard and well organised. We played too many long balls up front, where all of our strikers stuggled to hold it up and bring others into play.  

I'm not in panic mode yet, but it did underline the need we have for a couple of stikers with a bit of physical presense to hold the ball up or pace to get in behind. At the moment without Barry we have neither.

As things stand I'd stick Peacock back up front temporaily til Bazza is fit or we sign some strikers, although he was one of our better players last night starting in centre mid and then playing on the right for a bit 2nd half.
And a lee peacock recons both strikers should be signed up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: