Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 65611 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:38:49 »

Parrett FK well over the bar, phew.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:39:30 »

1-0 great result under the circumstances, 70% possession and way more shots and passes than them, but it won't be enough for a few posters.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:39:33 »

Our first Tuesday night win. I can return  Smiley
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:39:53 »

Job done. Performance wasn’t great but that was to be expected based on our reason form. 3 points in the bag and hopefully pointing towards a change in form and results going forward.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:40:16 »

Maybe a small sign of improvement. DJ looks handy. Isgrove bit better.

Can we build on it?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:45:33 »

In a way 1-0 last minute the best result we could have got. A confidence builder and shuts people up who say our fitness/training isn’t up to scratch. Build on that with a win at Crawley and things are looking up.
Flashheart

« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:45:39 »

A poor first half but a much improved 2nd half and a deserved win overall.

I'm useless at spotting tactics, but I do notice at times that we just don't seem to help each other enough. When we came out in the 2nd half we were supporting each other more, coming to help players under pressure and making more runs etc. We stopped doing that again after 1/2 hour or so in the 2nd and things got harder for us.

Regardless. A win's a win and hopefully this will restore some confidence.  

Oh, and we won at home. On a Tuesday night
Flashheart

« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:53:22 »

So - our dip in form is Flashearts fault.  Now the Ska is back - put the mortgage on a Town win!!!! Clap

I've clearly been slacking in my duties.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:53:25 »

A win is a win, we deserved it just with the way Stevenage played, they were anti football, really hope they go down. That twat that kept gong down with 'cramp' every couple of minutes was an embarrassment and the ref just lapped it up.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 20:58:17 »

I've clearly been slacking in my duties.
Unfortunately didn't put the mortgage on it....

No one kills a thread like me....
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:00:24 »

Genuinely thought that was never going to come. We need to be much better at breaking teams down. We seemed to look at our best down the wings - no idea why we didn’t try and utilise that more.

Glad to finally break that bad run. Need to kick on now.
Panda Paws

« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:08:23 »

‪Wellens taking our fans to task, and absolutely bang on too. So many negative fools. Every single fan should listen to that interview and take it on board.

"Six points off top and it's doom and gloom, grief from the side lines,  it's got to change".‬
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:11:47 »

Wellens:

- Good win. We should have carried on putting more crosses in
- Crowd a bit tentative, sensed the edginess in the stadium
- We kept stretching them, thought Isgrove was brilliant, Doyle and Yates outstanding, Doughty back to old Doughty, Donohue a bit off the pace but I understand why, the two centre-halves were outstanding
- Spell between 75 to 85 we lost some belief, they got a chance or two but they've only had one shot on target
- We need more from the supporters, we're six points off the top so it's all doom and gloom, this is rubbish. Come on give us some support, drive us on.
- We weren't at our best, but we were decent and it's all doom and gloom, give us some support, something needs to change, come on, give us some credit
- When we have our strongest team, we've won 8 out of 9. When you take these elements out, we have to keep changing everything. We lost against 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Please, I'm begging supporters, give this group some help, it escalates the performances tenfold. We need to do better as a club.
- I had fans next to me saying that was rubbish. We had 70% possession, what do they want?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:14:07 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:13:00 »

Pretty shit again, but the win will paper over the cracks (the central midfielders sit too deep and the left side of the team is dogshit going forward, leaving the front line isolated)

Things get better but they never get good
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 21:19:40 »

Wellens:

- Good win. We should have carried on putting more crosses in
- Crowd a bit tentative, sensed the edginess in the stadium
- We kept stretching them, thought Isgrove was brilliant, Doyle and Yates outstanding, Doughty back to old Doughty, Donohue a bit off the pace but I understand why, the two centre-halves were outstanding
- Spell between 75 to 85 we lost some belief, they got a chance or two but they've only had one shot on target
- We need more from the supporters, we're six points off the top so it's all doom and gloom, this is rubbish. Come on give us some support, drive us on.
- We weren't at our best, but we were decent and it's all doom and gloom, give us some support, something needs to change, come on, give us some credit
- When we have our strongest team, we've won 8 out of 9. When you take these elements out, we have to keep changing everything. We lost against 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Please, I'm begging supporters, give this group some help, it escalates the performances tenfold. We need to do better as a club.
- I had fans next to me saying that was rubbish. We had 70% possession, what do they want?

I think he's being a bit liberal with the truth there we were better but there was some really odd decision making on that pitch, even I got frustrated by the fact our defenders didn't seem to realise you can't be offside from a goal kick as the ball sailed over their heads.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: