Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Crawley Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40761 times)
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:07:37 »

Not going to comment on the performance, as it's all probably been said. I'd just like to say to the fucking idiots that were screaming to the ref to book their player for daring to have the cheek to celebrate their winner in front of the DRS; you sad, pathetic cunts.

Fuck you,  I've reported him to the police.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:11:57 »

Poor against a well drilled defence. Gladwin and Swift both guilty of dwelling on the ball and then doing precisely fuck all with it. And although it's been said many times please stop with the fucking short corners .

Ha, in the second half when it was clear we were going to go short the whole crowd making a 'for fuck sake' type huffy noise made me laugh!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:13:44 »

If anyone can come up with a reasoned, evidenced reason why Luongo and Kasim coming back would possibly make us worse, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise the two events coincide, but no more.

I'm not necessarily agreeing it's linked, but Kasim does seem to slow the game down in midfield.  There were a number of occasions today where a quick pass was needed.  Instead he turned a full circle before passing allowing them to get all their players back.  

However, he was not alone.  As mentioned Swift and Gladwin had poor games and Byrne has had a massive dip in form from early season.  
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:15:59 »

Herthabs just grumpy he couldnt have his two sausage rolls..
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:18:17 »

Some of you need to look at the table. We are still well and truly in the hunt for automatic promotion, it's nuts that you even have to be reminded of that. We have not suddenly become shit. Teams do lose form. It happens. Good teams also get back into form, that happens also.

I don't want to play the "I was there you weren't card" (genuinely) but if you were at that game I can't believe you would be saying we are in the hunt for auto.  As someone else has commented, hopefully we have enough of a lead to stay in the playoffs.  

The first half was unbelievable.  Absolute fucking disgrace.  The second half we picked up and started running at Crawley with pace and they immediately started panicking.  As soon as we scored, however, we returned to type, passing it nowhere whilst they sat back happily.  The second goal was a sickener but the real point is that we got back into the game and then completely surrendered the initiative against a truly dreadful team.

Williams tried hard and took his goal well.  Turnbull and Stephens were ok.  The rest were appalling but with Swift totally in a class of his own for a gutless, self-absorbed no-show.

Our problem is not a loss of form that can turn around, it is that the players and Cooper seem to think that teams will lose to us simply because we are the "better" team.

stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:19:54 »

Ha, in the second half when it was clear we were going to go short the whole crowd making a 'for fuck sake' type huffy noise made me laugh!

It does amaze me how many opposition attacks have come from our short  corners . I can understand trying it sometimes , but all the time?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:22:41 »

You would think with Stephens, smith, turnbull and to some extent Williams we might have some threat from corners. That said it only looks like we practice the short version.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:23:48 »

It does amaze me how many opposition attacks have come from our short  corners . I can understand trying it sometimes , but all the time?
Unfortunately it's not just short corners, our outright refusal to put crosses into the box infuriates me. Why bother playing Smith up front as with his touch he's just going to lose possession with the tippy tappy stuff.

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:26:16 »

after calling him a cunt and flicking the v's no doubt.

This reminds me of someone's rant on here a few years ago saying that their son had been abused and singled out by a player who scored. All that player did was run past our fans with his hand cupped to his ear. People see what they want to at football.

Shite result today. Certainly making hard work of it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:26:39 »

Dare I suggest the side lacks a touch of experience? 1-0 away at Scunthorpe you try and see out the game but instead we fold like a pack of cards.

This current run is a big test of our mental and physical character. Bradford will come and try and beat us up on Tuesday, big test.

Flashheart

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:26:47 »

I don't want to play the "I was there you weren't card" (genuinely) but if you were at that game I can't believe you would be saying we are in the hunt for auto.  

You've completely missed the point that I was making.

Sure, we were poor. I'm not denying that. We've been poor for the last few games. Does that mean that we are suddenly incapable of playing well again? Does our recent form mean that we will be poor for the rest of the season?
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:27:21 »

Unfortunately it's not just short corners, our outright refusal to put crosses into the box infuriates me. Why bother playing Smith up front as with his touch he's just going to lose possession with the tippy tappy stuff.

Agreed. The conditions today with the wind and sleet and then bright sunshine (all in the first half) , we should of been firing the ball in the box at every opportunity.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:33:11 »

after calling him a cunt and flicking the v's no doubt.

This reminds me of someone's rant on here a few years ago saying that their son had been abused and singled out by a player who scored. All that player did was run past our fans with his hand cupped to his ear. People see what they want to at football.

Shite result today. Certainly making hard work of it.

What's wrong with that?  I pay my money I should be able to abuse a player as much as I want.  But he could of caused a riot with his inciting behaviour after the goal.  Bad Mood
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:39:00 »

What's wrong with that?  I pay my money I should be able to abuse a player as much as I want.  But he could of caused a riot with his inciting behaviour after the goal.  Bad Mood

Did you go to the Bristol City home game? Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 19:46:06 »

At first I thought that comment was tongue in cheek, now reading on I'm not so sure.

At the risk of being whooshed, did you actually report him to the police?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: