Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Darlington in the shit  (Read 10974 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 6, 2012, 22:19:44 »

Dave Bennet broke his leg in the first game if I recall correctly. Shaun Close did, amazingly, score in the return leg though. I think he almost had two in fact but one was given as an own goal instead.

Gary Gill broke Dave Bennett's leg would be more accurate:

We got some grief from some Darlo fans after the game, and Gill acted like a nutter in the second leg at the CG.

Never liked Darlo after that.

And I once got punched by a Darlo fan in Torquay...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 6, 2012, 22:58:10 »

Went to their new Ground once (won 2-1) but must have visited the old Feethams ground at least 3 times getting beat 1-0 every time.

Love all of the Clubs in the North East and the people.

Sad for Darlo and hope they bounce back............A real Club with real fans.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 10:23:30 »

Went to their new Ground once (won 2-1) but must have visited the old Feethams ground at least 3 times getting beat 1-0 every time.

Love all of the Clubs in the North East and the people.

Sad for Darlo and hope they bounce back............A real Club with real fans.

I think it is interesting how brief, personal experiences influence opinions about other football teams. I've had some great away days in the North East, witnessing good and bad games, and having good, bad and indifferent experiences with opposing teams' fans. There are some experiences though, especially those that are influenced by fans, that help place other teams in a league of 'likes' and 'dislikes'. I had a great time in Liverpool as a result of an accidental meeting with a Liverpool fan on Crewe station platform. As a result, Liverpool FC rank higher than Darlo in my own personal experience League.

Of course, it is all very subjective and unscientific, and I would never want to see clubs like Darlo, or even the Pox go out of existence, because fans of football clubs like our own generally deserve better.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 22:51:05 »

Let’s show the players that that shirt still means something, that that shirt still needs to be worn with pride and that it is worth putting on that shirt and running out on that pitch and representing all of us one last time. One last go lads, everything you have got, one last time, 90 minutes of life as a Darlo player left. Shit or bust, hero or zero. Go out with a bang and not a whimper.

Something our useless cunts from last season could of read!

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 22:55:22 »

Gary Gill broke Dave Bennett's leg would be more accurate:

We got some grief from some Darlo fans after the game, and Gill acted like a nutter in the second leg at the CG.

Never liked Darlo after that.

And I once got punched by a Darlo fan in Torquay...

Did you go on the coach? I got back to newbury about 4.30am and had to get up for work at 5.30. I dont think i've ever recovered from that trip.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 23:01:00 »

Did you go on the coach? I got back to newbury about 4.30am and had to get up for work at 5.30. I dont think i've ever recovered from that trip.

No, a workmate drove the two of us there and back. Can't remember what time we got back. Top effort by him.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 16:59:24 »

Darlo proper in the shite now... Been reported that 'The administrator has today made the players and management redundant'

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=779

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:00:32 »

Basically they are finished. Sad news for all concerned really. That stadium was always going to be a disaster for them. With Newcastle and Sunderland on the doorstep they were never going to have the fanbase to sustain it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:02:43 »

It's happened before and it will happen again, that a club goes tits up....quite often they come back stronger, but I suspect in the case of Darlo, they wont come back at all.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:06:57 »

More of a reputable source here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16584216.stm

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
phelpsieboy

« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:42:36 »

Also means once Swindon trialists and once dubbed the next best thing John Campbell is withou a club
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:47:54 »

Also means once Swindon trialists and once dubbed the next best thing John Campbell is withou a club

Au contraire, had you been doing your homework on some of the info tucked away on the TEF, you'd know that Darlo shipped Campbell off to Bedlington Terriers in the summer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:54:47 »

Au contraire, had you been doing your homework on some of the info tucked away on the TEF, you'd know that Darlo shipped Campbell off to Bedlington Terriers in the summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15638904.stm

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 17:57:14 »

Feel sorry for Darlo myself...went to watch them at Wembley in the 96 play off final against Plymouth. My first visit to the Old Wembley.

Seems a great set up with the ground et al, but sadly with Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesbrough not far away it doesn't suprise me!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 16, 2012, 18:00:22 »

Oh well start of November can still be warm  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: