Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Vs West Brom.  (Read 10250 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:23:31 »

dissagree with Batch on Douglas and Timlin. I thought they were solid tonight. Linked up extremely well and was always there for a pass back and to tidy up the lose ball from the fowards.

Quote from: batch
Timlin and Douglas both did fine. Good breakup play and some neat passes as you'd expect in a friendly.

Huh??? I thought they did well.

edit: I see your sneaky edit Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:24:48 »

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Not getting carried away, pre-season means nothing and all that, but we had by far the best of it. Really liked Douglas - very effective. O'Brien also caught the eye, I think we'll see better end product on those runs and he'll scare the bejasus out of League 1 defences. As IOB said, Berlin looked OK for the first 20 minutes but then looked like he was trying too hard, although not convinced we haven't already got better back-ups. But we should sign him anyway for the entertainment value - the 360 kick was quite something.

And I see now what people mean about Lucas shouting - he sounded like a walrus!

All in all, good team performance, not getting carried away, West Brom never really got in gear. Felt sorry for Coxy - he looked a lot like he did playing for us all too often, trying his best but just got absolutely zero service. Their midfield was shit.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:26:37 »

Going by what's been said tonight do many of you think the opposition are no longer going to be able to double up on macca like they did last season,in return we could see the best yet of macca if he's allowed some freedom.
glos_robin

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:27:27 »

dissagree with Glos Robin on Douglas and Timlin. I thought they were solid tonight. Linked up extremely well and was always there for a pass back and to tidy up the lose ball from the fowards. Very impressed with that pairing.

Paynter worked his socj off and Umbongo i thought did well. Trying too hard at times but maybe there is something there?

All in all was a good run out. Should have had a pound on the goal as i called it before the corner was taken.

Middle of the park Timlin and Douglas were relatively quiet but efficient and worked well together.

I didn't say they didn't play well, they were both efficient yet unspectacular exactly as they should be :S
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:28:28 »

It's certainly nice to have some pace in O'Brien. Even if they still double up on Macca they'll hopefully leave gaps for O'Brien to exploit with that pace.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:29:16 »

Huh??? I thought they did well.

edit: I see your sneaky edit Smiley

Spot On

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:40:10 »

Two solid performances in a row  Smiley

I think you can see the extra confidence and calm throughout and the team seem to defend as a unit, through the central channels I don't think WBA were given much time on the ball or room to play it.

Berlin is officially ace  Cheesy .....from the pirouette (sp) through to getting a ball straight in the face (not a flinch). He did seem a bit over eager, but he showed he can win a lot of balls in the air, can turn very quickly and held play up when he was on his own. Be nice to see him get a chance.
Barry Scott

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:52:03 »

Going by what's been said tonight do many of you think the opposition are no longer going to be able to double up on macca like they did last season,in return we could see the best yet of macca if he's allowed some freedom.

If we play with those 2 on the wings, the opposition will have to double up on both. I have a good feeling though that it'll take quite a few games for the opposition to hear of O'Brien so they'll double up on Macca, allowing O'Brien a free run. Then they'll shit their pants at half time and double up on O'Brien... Thoughts like that make me wet. Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 22:55:49 »

I thought the first 20 minutes were ok.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 23:04:17 »

I quite enjoyed it.

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 23:23:48 »

What struck me was the improvement in several players since I'd last seen them. Macklin seemed to have far more confidence, Kennedy looked a v good prospect when he came on, Marshall just looked like he thought a lot more about his passing and caused a few problems - he will no doubt get better to.  Whatever Wilson is doing he better keep doing it as tonights game showed what quality we now have in the squad and we must use it next season.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 04:41:37 »

Just saw Germaine's goal again on Sky Sports. Bullet!

It's All Good..............
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 07:58:03 »

Blast my lack of tv. Anyone know if its on youtube?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:05:11 »

My thoughts on the game last night

Simon Cox: Gash now, glad we got rid Wink, Infact it didn’t look as if he could be bothered against us, that said he really didn’t get the service….

David Lucas – My god does the boy shout? Leadership from the back, this is what will keep Phil Smith out of the number 1 shirt.

Gordon Greer – Signing of the Summer, took his goal well, looked even better on Sky Sports this morning, Is going to improve our defence and make Morrison an all around defender.

Sean Morrison – Reminds me a bit of Shaun Taylor, Gets on with it, takes no rubbish and just plays the game, is going to be very good.

Lescinel Jean-Francois – Has really impressed me in both the Cardiff and WBA game… Could be a key player this year.

Alan O’Brien – Runs quite quick, give him that. Problem is he runs so fast when he gets to the corner there is no one up there for him to pass the ball too!

Oompa Loompa Ndembe – Very raw but something about him, don’t think he is a striker but perhaps a decent winger, The kick where he fell on his ass was just cringworthy but turned well on the ball and wasn’t afraid to get stuck in. May be worth a one year deal but not convinced he is best suited to be a striker.

Saw an Franchise Scout at the game, can only assume he was hoping to see Jerel Ifil in action as a possible replacement for Sean O’Wanker who is out until January.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:08:35 »

happy times until the last minute Sad

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: