Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Vs West Brom.  (Read 10249 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:11:00 »

"Saw an Franchise Scout at the game, can only assume he was hoping to see Jerel Ifil in action as a possible replacement for Sean O’Wanker who is out until January."

More likely to be watching us as a team we play them twice first week of the season.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:17:32 »

"Saw an Franchise Scout at the game, can only assume he was hoping to see Jerel Ifil in action as a possible replacement for Sean O’Wanker who is out until January."

More likely to be watching us as a team we play them twice first week of the season.

Oh yeah forgot about that.... Cheesy
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:44:16 »

That Roger Malone was a right tosser!

From the Dark Side
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:53:26 »

Blast my lack of tv. Anyone know if its on youtube?

Nah, but I found this predatory strike against Hibs, which should bring a smile to Bobs Orange's face...

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 08:57:30 »

happy times until the last minute Sad

Nice clip, cheers KOT - I went to that game, one of two away fixtures that I've attended which included 2 penalty misses for the opposition, the other one being away at Sunderland in Terry Butchers first game in charge. I was in the home end and was mighty popular as you could imagine.. as their second miss was in the last min.

Can't think of any others, help Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 09:04:19 »

Nice clip, cheers KOT - I went to that game, one of two away fixtures that I've attended which included 2 penalty misses for the opposition, the other one being away at Sunderland in Terry Butchers first game in charge. I was in the home end and was mighty popular as you could imagine.. as their second miss was in the last min.

Can't think of any others, help Reg?

Nothing else springs to mind...it might later when the effects of last night's beer wear off.

I do remember us missing a couple of pens twice, one being v Leicester around the late 80's early 90's, first Zippy, then Tommy Jones had a go which barely reached the keeper.

The other recentish v Rochdale....their keeper made a couple of very good saves. I'm sure there must be others.

Beer going quite quickly....Brezovan debut saved 2 pens v HPool.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 09:07:17 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:34:16 »

usual pre-season fare but fairly enjoyable. impressed with most of the team except for berlin and am unsure about o'brien - he's fucking lightning but didn't get the ball in the box enough. not seen lescinel before and thought he looked quite comfortable at left-back but i thought the same about casal this time last year.

i think the best thing about all of this is the fact that all of our four signings so far have come from teams above us.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 17:23:13 »

Saw an Franchise Scout at the game, can only assume he was hoping to see Jerel Ifil in action as a possible replacement for Sean O’Wanker who is out until January.

Interestingly the Franchise "scout" was Paul Mitchell, ex STFC loanee.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 17:37:27 »

Nothing else springs to mind...it might later when the effects of last night's beer wear off.

I do remember us missing a couple of pens twice, one being v Leicester around the late 80's early 90's, first Zippy, then Tommy Jones had a go which barely reached the keeper.

The other recentish v Rochdale....their keeper made a couple of very good saves. I'm sure there must be others.

Beer going quite quickly....Brezovan debut saved 2 pens v HPool.

They weren't for the same side, but in 90/91 (I think) when we beat Newcastle at home, there were 3 pens in the game, 2 missed, 1 for them, one for us, and Hazard scored the other.

I think Huddersfield away that season (may have been in a tinpot cup) they missed a pen (Hammond save?), only to have it re-taken, and then that was blasted over the bar, all in the last minute.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 17:39:26 »

Interestingly the Franchise "scout" was Paul Mitchell, ex STFC loanee.

I did think that and thought "nah" I know he retired through injury.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 17:41:58 »

They weren't for the same side, but in 90/91 (I think) when we beat Newcastle at home, there were 3 pens in the game, 2 missed, 1 for them, one for us, and Hazard scored the other.

I think Huddersfield away that season (may have been in a tinpot cup) they missed a pen (Hammond save?), only to have it re-taken, and then that was blasted over the bar, all in the last minute.

I forgot about that, I think it was Kieran O' Regan who missed.
Spencer_White

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 18:49:35 »

Just to say, I thought defensively O'Brien was excellent. He covers the ground very well and made a couple of great interceptions tracking back. He pushed a ball past a WBA defender one way, and ran the other, havnt seen a Swindon player pull that one off for a while! He's not a finnished article, but I think he'll be great to watch this season. Someone for the fans to really get behind, get his confidence up. He'll pull a lot of sides into shapes and formations they dont want to be in. Id start Macklin on the other side (he looks improved, stronger), I dont think L1 sides can cope with that sort of pace. McNamee will end up being second best again this season.

Its a big season for Timlin. If he plays hard with commitment there will be nowhere for opposition midfields to run this season. Douglas won't be dominated.

Paynter, Amankwaah and Morrison all look in good form.

We need to spend some money on a striker though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 19:05:21 »

Its a big season for Timlin. If he plays hard with commitment there will be nowhere for opposition midfields to run this season. Douglas won't be dominated.

Good point I'd like to think Timlin could push on, and make the most of playing with Douglas..he does have some talent, unfortunately last night he still did what he often does, which is to waste the ball with too many misplaced passes. Not sure he'll ever be able to get that out of his game, which means he'll never be more than a L1/L2 operator.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, July 31, 2009, 12:50:23 »

Thought Lescinel was great at left-back. Linked up well with O'Brien and got forward himself too. Good motor on him.

One thing I will say is that Macklin is going to be one hell of a talent once he's bulked-up a touch.

Good point on Tims but consider that with two wingers bombing on you almost want the lads in the centre to be a little more on the conservative side to keep the shape. Douglas didn't seem too shy getting forward mind you.

"Great save, Digby."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: