Pages: 1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2020092 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5820 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 16:55:42 »

So this afternoon, in the Brexit comedy slot...

He seems to think that "Perfidious Albion" is a compliment. He apparently doesn't seem to know "perfidious" means deceitful and untrustworthy.

So that's us. That's Britain. Deceitful. Untrustworthy. And he calls himself a patriot.

Didn't they used to play at Molineux before finding somewhere a bit further out of the city, to play at?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
woolster

« Reply #5821 on: Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 16:57:50 »

So this afternoon, in the Brexit comedy slot...

Mark Francois, no doubt trying to sound clever although it has the fingerprints of Rees-Mogg all over it, has threatened the EU with

"If you try to hold us in against our will, you will be faced with Perfidious Albion on speed"

He seems to think that "Perfidious Albion" is a compliment. He apparently doesn't seem to know "perfidious" means deceitful and untrustworthy.

So that's us. That's Britain.  Parlamant, Deceitful. Untrustworthy. And he calls himself a patriot. fixed for you
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5822 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 08:19:27 »

If I'm reading this right, May is entering discussions with Labour on the basis the withdrawal document is not up for discussion. She's also talking to the EU about an extension and they will not discuss the withdrawal agreement. This is the withdrawal agreement that has been refused by Parliament 3 times and would probably again.
Am I right or have I dreamt it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5823 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 08:31:39 »

If I'm reading this right, May is entering discussions with Labour on the basis the withdrawal document is not up for discussion. She's also talking to the EU about an extension and they will not discuss the withdrawal agreement. This is the withdrawal agreement that has been refused by Parliament 3 times and would probably again.

Pretty much, there is also the fact that the EU have said from day 1 that they will not discuss future relationships until a WA is signed, so even if we flounce away with no deal we cannot get anywhere after that until both sides sign something regarding settlement payment, future citz's rights, Irish border etc, during which time any trade agreement with our largest trading partner will be in abeyance and we will have even more (hard to believe really) burnt our bridges and made ourselves out to be dysfunctional and untrustworthy state against 27 other countries.

Been interesting to see how united the EU are in protecting Ireland's (as a member state) position, we should join!  
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5824 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:04:39 »

So the conversation with Labour is extremely limited and tying their hands behind their back and our conversations with the EU are "done and dusted" until we agree the withdrawal agreement - what could go wrong.
If I was Labour I'd string May along and ensure we had to take part in the EU elections. Labour will be damaged but the Tories will be obliterated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5825 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:14:29 »

Fuck nose.  Atm the country is rudderless, certainly in my time I've never known such a disintegration.... however, it isn't war or natural disaster we're talking about, the EU is a political construct, and the decisions about our membership or otherwise will be political.

What we need to avoid at all costs is a further lurch to the right in filling the present vacuum.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5826 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:16:25 »

So the conversation with Labour is extremely limited and tying their hands behind their back and our conversations with the EU are "done and dusted" until we agree the withdrawal agreement - what could go wrong.
If I was Labour I'd string May along and ensure we had to take part in the EU elections. Labour will be damaged but the Tories will be obliterated.

Labour would be bat crap crazy to sign up to anything that facilitates or delivers May's deal, Corbyn has already lost a huge amount of goodwill with younger voters who have seen through him on Brexit, whilst there is any amount of polling that shows that Labour voters and members do not want him to head down the road he is following.

Actually him and May make perfect bed fellows, both clueless, ruthless and promoted way above their level of knowledge and expertise.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5827 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 09:29:43 »

Labour would be bat crap crazy to sign up to anything that facilitates or delivers May's deal, Corbyn has already lost a huge amount of goodwill with younger voters who have seen through him on Brexit, whilst there is any amount of polling that shows that Labour voters and members do not want him to head down the road he is following.

Actually him and May make perfect bed fellows, both clueless, ruthless and promoted way above their level of knowledge and expertise.

We won't know how voters will view Corbyn until the next election assuming he's still party leader.... at the last one a little under 2 years ago, the Corbyn led Labour party got 40% of the vote and a 9.6% swing away from the Tories.

I daresay at the next election Labour will continue to put before the country social democratic policies, the sort popular in most Northern European democracies, for the electorate to consider.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5828 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 10:01:15 »

Electoral Calculus's main prediction relative to now, based on a month's worth of opinion polls is

Tories -11 seats
Labour -6
Lib Dems + 7
SNP +11
PC -1

Labour down six, all in Scotland. In England he is predicting the Tories down around 6.6% and Labour down around 6.7% relative to 2017, with Lib Dems, UKIP and the Independence group all up but too small to benefit. So hardly any English seats change hands. The Lib Dems gain a few seats like Cheadle, Cheltenham, Devon North etc from the Tories, but that's it.

Tories still largest party but even more hung Parliament than today, needing three party coalition to form a Govt (ignoring unlikely combinations like Tory/SNP). So a GE might not solve anything!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 14:19:19 by horlock07 » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5829 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 14:55:06 »

I've seen 3 polls today that put Labour 8 or 9 points ahead.

It's all academic anyway because there's no manifestos out yet, hence we don't know what we're voting for.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5830 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 21:14:53 »

I've seen 3 polls today that put Labour 8 or 9 points ahead.

It's all academic anyway because there's no manifestos out yet, hence we don't know what we're voting for.
Oh come off it. Red, blue or yellow rosettes on anything from cabbages to fucking monkeys will get candidates a seat at Westminster in lots of constituencies. Many people can’t read a manifesto, many people don’t know what a fucking manifesto is. As long as fags, booze and everything cheap is attainable then there are those who don’t give a toss who gets in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5831 on: Thursday, April 11, 2019, 04:17:40 »

Can kicking tastic. 31st October, may be able to get out earlier if we can agree a deal.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5832 on: Thursday, April 11, 2019, 06:55:49 »

labour can romp home at the next election if the promise to do away with student loans and bring back free uni places. Oh yeah and double voting for students should see them with a massive majority
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #5833 on: Thursday, April 11, 2019, 08:04:53 »

A shame that they couldn't make the extension run until the 5th of November.

A missed opportunity by Macron et al.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5834 on: Thursday, April 11, 2019, 08:22:25 »

labour can romp home at the next election if the promise to do away with student loans and bring back free uni places. Oh yeah and double voting for students should see them with a massive majority

You lack of knowledge of whats happening in the real world is really shocking for someone who has been so successful in business.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: