Poll
Question: Do you think we will get promoted this season?
Yes, as champions - 2 (2.3%)
Yes, automatically as the second placed team - 1 (1.1%)
Yes, via the playoffs - 26 (29.9%)
No - 58 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we go up this season?  (Read 8826 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:05:01 »

I don't think we expected to be where we are now at the start of the season especially after loosing 5-0 to Gills! So enjoy the good form while you can, but i can see us finishing top 6 and in the play-offs its all about who turns up on the day etc..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:26:06 »

League 1 is arguably the strongest it's been for a long time. A top ten finish will be a brilliant achievement on last season and one I'd be happy with. Saying that, if we do manage to stay in the play off places until May it becomes a bit of a lottery.

With half the season gone I'm already chuffed with the progress we've made and am quite optimistic about the remainder of this season.

It's All Good..............
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:29:15 »

League 1 is arguably the strongest it's been for a long time. A top ten finish will be a brilliant achievement on last season and one I'd be happy with. Saying that, if we do manage to stay in the play off places until May it becomes a bit of a lottery.

With half the season gone I'm already chuffed with the progress we've made and am quite optimistic about the remainder of this season.
I agree totally. Also, now we are in the top 6 with 2 games in hand, people have high expectations and think thats where we should finish, i will be happy finishing top 10 looking at last season, but will be gutted if we don't make play-offs by a couple of points looking back at the games we have conceded late (Oldham, Wycombe, Charlton)  No Way
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:18:01 »

Yup, I said I would have been happy being in touch with the playoffs after Christmas. So expectations exceeded!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:38:08 »

Are you planning to celebrate your 10,000th post in any way special?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:54:27 »

Oooh, didn't even notice I was that close.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 15:50:11 »

No. I think we've a chance of finishing 5th or 6th, but more realistically I think we'll just miss the playoffs - which will be disappointing of course, but still represent a good season overall and a great platform to build from.

And I personally don't think we're ready for a campaign in the Championship yet.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 17:09:07 »

And I personally don't think we're ready for a campaign in the Championship yet.

Totally agree. I think anywhere in the top half is a good achievement considering all the top teams in Lg1 this year and hopefully we could build on it next season.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 17:21:14 »

Not sure if were make the play offs or if we do if we can go up, really depends on the continued form of most of our current players. 

Personally i think Norwich will take 2nd place with Charlton 3rd, the next 3 will be fitting it out from another 6 teams which will include us.

Not sure if we are ready to go up, although the way we managed to keep the ball against Fulham showed we could be ready with a few more players.

If we don't go up we have to ensure we keep hold of the players and build on it.  Bit worried we could lose the likes of Cuthbert, Douglas who could clearly play in the league above.  This would leave us back a bit like loosing Cox this season.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 18:23:12 »

The fact that we are even debating this given the quality of the league this year and the sale of a 31 goal striker (replaced by Hutch) is incredible.

Are we quite good enough, are we ready?  Carpe diem and all that, I voted that we would go up via the play offs and as no 69 in the voters that vote carries special weight.

All we need is for KOT to keep on with the match day thread openers and we'll be there.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 18:42:23 »

The fact that we are even debating this given the quality of the league this year and the sale of a 31 goal striker (replaced by Hutch) is incredible.

Are we quite good enough, are we ready?  Carpe diem and all that, I voted that we would go up via the play offs and as no 69 in the voters that vote carries special weight.

All we need is for KOT to keep on with the match day thread openers and we'll be there.

Prefer Carpe Denim.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 19:55:37 »

whilst I have voted that we won't be going up this year, I aint confident enough to be booking a holiday when the play offs are due.....so heart says would love to make the play offs, but head says, we'll just dip out so you could say that my glass is half empty
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 22:12:01 »

Like many, I worry that should we fail to go up this season then we will lose players like Cuthbert, Douglas, McGovern, Paynter etc etc and we would be weaker next season, If we can keep all our players and sign a few good players this month and in the summer i think we will go up next season.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 22:15:04 »

Word
JB_Swindon

« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 13:10:25 »

If we lay the foundations this season i can see us being real contenders for automatic promotion next season . But that is IF we can keep key players and add a few too. Altough i would love to see us go up this year i dont think we will.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: